[OT] I am scared

Old March 16th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] I am scared

Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Ginger-lyn
off to find a referral to a gynecologist

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old March 16th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-16, penned:

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

I can't blame you for being scared. I have no experience with this,
so all I can offer is purrs.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

pictures:
http://www.bounceswoosh.org/rpca
Old March 16th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Not personally (but had lots of other stuff wrong in the internal nether
regions.

See

http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/ar...riancysts.html
http://familydoctor.org/279.xml
http://www.4woman.gov/faq/ovarian_cysts.htm

Try not to worry.

Gentle *hugs* helen s

Old March 16th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Yes, I do. I had surgery last year. I will help you all I can if you want.

Tweed

Old March 16th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I've had one before, and actually, I am going in about an hour for what I'm
pretty sure is another that's been horrible since Sunday. Made my back hurt
like crazy so I got a massage yesterday and that helped a ton. NOw, of
course, it is feeling about 90% better in the last hour after 5 days of
being really annoying. But I still needed to get an ultrasound anyway.
Cysts, in general, usually just resolve back into the tissue. It is always
good to have them checked out though. Keep us posted and don't get too
freaked yet. They're a pain, but usually not too serious. (well, in the
grand scheme of things).

((hugs))
Karen

Old March 16th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Ginger-lyn
off to find a referral to a gynecologist

If it is actually a cyst, you should be just fine. A cyst is harmless.
While I haven't had an ovaraian cyst, I've had several of them in m breasts,
beginning when I was 14. I've had two biopsies, two or three needle
biopsies and umpteen ultrasounds. Many cysts disappear on their own. Some
need to be removed, either for testing or because they're causing
discomfort.

Yes, find a good gynecologist. S/he may be able to tell you there is
nothing to worry about, or they may decide on further tests, which may prove
nothing is wrong.

Purrs for it all to be as I have described, and purrs for your fear to ease
until you have a definitive word from a doctor you trust.

((((((((Ginger-lyn))))))))
Joy

Old March 16th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"glsummer" wrote in message

Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?///

Me. I ended up in hospital over xmas with the same thing and am trying
to sort it out medically at the moment. When I say I know *exactly* what
you are going through...

Tell ya what, email me off list at leopardusweidii - at - yahoo.co.uk
and we can compare notes and support. )

Try not to worry too much - it's not as bad as it seems.

{{{HUGS}}}

Helen M

Old March 16th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Yes, I had a hysterectomy because of cysts (although I could have had just
the cysts removed, I was past child-bearing years and didn't want to deal
with more cysts - and wanted to be protected from ovarian cancer - since I
was having surgery anyway).

If they said it's a cyst, there should be nothing to worry about - cysts are
*NOT* malignant.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 16th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Last week, I had a CT scan of my abdomen; they were thinking I may
have gallstones.

They did the scan of my entire abdominal area, including pelvis.

I have an ovarian cyst. And I am scared.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Back before the days of CT scans and ultra-sound, I had a
tubo-ovarian cyst that announced itself with internal
bleeding (pain in the right side and right shoulder and a
couple of almost-fainting spells which I ignored - until my
next "period" started early and refused to stop). It
required surgery, of course (they took the left tube and
ovary, but "preserved my fertility" by leaving the rest - I
never had children, but COULD have done). Despite all the
trouble it caused, the cyst was "benign". I was in my
twenties at the time, and have reached 75 with no further
problems of that sort. Things like that are always scary,
but need not be as serious as we fear, and are probably more
easily treatable now than back in the 1950's.
Best wishes for a fast, easy solution - Melisande and
Cendrillon send mega-purrs