Visits from "beyond"...

Old February 28th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Visits from "beyond"...

Mishi wrote:

Laurie,

It is about the power of suggestion, basically saying that we who
believe in the afterlife are gullible.

Patti

That sounds about right.
--
Adrian, sent from my iPod.
Old February 28th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aldolphi

On 28/02/2011 21:15, Judith Latham wrote:

Sophie would not go into it at all. It was as if she knew it was Sweep's room.

It's almost as if cats mark their territory and other cats have evolved
with excellent smelling senses? One could also be led to believe that
cats were very territorial creatures?

Strange, hey...?
Old February 28th 11, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aldolphi

On 28/02/2011 22:00, Adrian wrote:

That sounds about right.

Personally I prefer to find things out for myself instead of just
believing what I read... I find it helps eliminate the potential for
destructive persuasion...
Old March 1st 11, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Aldolphi typed:
On 28/02/2011 18:32, BfloPolska wrote:
Oh HELL yes we get them. Oddly, Louie is the one who experiences them
more than I; Louie, the engineer, the scientist, the one who believes
in God but not the paranormal.

A scientist believing in a God? I find this notion quite worrying
given that science is based on evidence whereas there's actually no
evidence of a God... I hope he doesn't use faith as a guide when
conducting research!

7/10 on the troll-o-meter. Good try, but the subject matter is a little
dated for Usenet.

Yowie

Old March 1st 11, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ typed:
For those of us who have fur babies at the Rainbow Bridge, this
question is for you. Do you ever feel/see/hear the presence of the
animal that has passed?? When I put my Ragdoll down 6 or 7 years ago
(God Bless you, Sade), I used to hear her meow/cry for me when I was
in the bathroom upstairs. The door was always open, but I would hear
this faint "mewing" sound of Sade's. It was only in that bathroom
that I ever heard it. Now, since my Basset Hound went to the RB on
Nov. 1st, I have the STRANGEST things going on. I have see his
shadow, I have heard him drinking water in the kitchen, and last
night, I heard him shake his head in the den while I was in my
bedroom watching TV. I was so engrossed w/the movie I was watching
that when I heard Hap shake his head, I got right up and went into my
den. I'm not sure what I was expecting to see. And no, no mind
altering substances have been taken!! Lastly, when it got to be
about bedtime, my Blue Point Maui, jumped on the dresser, walked to
wear I have Happy's lead hanging and started to pull on it. Prior to
this, Maui hasn't taken an interest to the lead there at all. I
truly believe in spiritual visits... but when they happen, I guess I
can say I'm almost "alarmed" at first. Anybody else get "visits"
like this??

I havent had a lot of visits and none that I could with utter certainty
claim were Shmogg, but even if htey're just sheer coincidence, they're a
nice reminder and I welcome them.

The most memorable was when Suki & Pickle came home. Shmogg had been gone
for 3 months, and I don't think I'd finished mourning. Pickle spent his
first 2 nights with us on my bed with me, curling up in the *exact same
spot* Shmogg did, and finally giving me enough purr to go to sleep with, as
I hadn't had that in 3 months. After those two nights, he's never slept on
my bed again. I like to think of it as him letting me know he had Shmogg's
blessing to become the next feline member of the family.

Yowie

Old March 1st 11, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Feb 28, 3:49*pm, Aldolphi wrote:
On 28/02/2011 18:32, BfloPolska wrote:

Oh HELL yes we get them. Oddly, Louie is the one who experiences them
more than I; Louie, the engineer, the scientist, the one who believes
in God but not the paranormal.

A scientist believing in a God? *I find this notion quite worrying given
that science is based on evidence whereas there's actually no evidence
of a God... *I hope he doesn't use faith as a guide when conducting
research!

Remarkably, some people are capable of keeping faith and science
distinct from one another, like keeping one's personal life out of
one's work. My husband is not a participant of tins group. Please
refrain from passing judgement, or ridiculing, a person who is not
here to defend his position.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old March 1st 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aldolphi

On 01/03/2011 01:54, BfloPolska wrote:

Remarkably, some people are capable of keeping faith and science
distinct from one another, like keeping one's personal life out of
one's work. My husband is not a participant of tins group. Please
refrain from passing judgement, or ridiculing, a person who is not
here to defend his position.

I'm not ridiculing... just passing critical comment. If you're not
happy with remarks referencing him then surely the wisest move would be
not to mention him along with details in the first place?

Old March 1st 11, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aldolphi

On 01/03/2011 00:44, Yowie wrote:

7/10 on the troll-o-meter. Good try, but the subject matter is a little
dated for Usenet.

Strange how when you hit a nerve with some residents of Usenet, instead
of engaging in intelligent discussion, the just throw the old troll card
at you...

It's just like a magic spell... whispered on a Sunday... Meaningless.

Old March 1st 11, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Aldolphi" wrote in message
On 01/03/2011 00:44, Yowie wrote:

7/10 on the troll-o-meter. Good try, but the subject matter is a little
dated for Usenet.

Strange how when you hit a nerve with some residents of Usenet, instead of
engaging in intelligent discussion, the just throw the old troll card at
you...

It's just like a magic spell... whispered on a Sunday... Meaningless.

Your comment didn't sound like intelligent discussion. It sounded like a
deliberate insult against someone who isn't even part of this group.

Old March 1st 11, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

A scientist believing in a God? [blah blah blah]

7/10 on the troll-o-meter. Good try, but the subject matter is a little
dated for Usenet.

You beat me to it, Yowie. Someone we've never seen posting here before
shows up and starts inundating us with atheist arguments?

If I wanted to criticize organized religions for various crimes against
human beings, I would have enough to keep me busy without worrying about
what individual people believe. I care about the way that too-powerful
organizations control people's lives, but I don't care who the guy down
the street prays to, or whether he prays at all. "You have an imaginary
friend" is the lamest argument I know of against religion.

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.