Dying cat

Old October 12th 03, 01:23 AM
Lois Trivison Kren

Default Dying cat

We have a 16 1/2 year old cat that is slowing wasting away to nothing. She
won't eat. She has difficulty walking, She sleeps MUCH more than usual and
doesn't to clean herself as much as usual. We believe she will only live a
few more hours (three to 24). We plan to have here cremated. Our questions
are how soon after she dies must we have her frozen so that we can have here
cremated next week, and can we freeze here by placing here in a cooler
packed with ice?

Thank You Very Much

Old October 12th 03, 05:01 AM
Suzie-Q

Lois Trivison Kren wrote:

We have a 16 1/2 year old cat that is slowing wasting away to nothing. She
won't eat. She has difficulty walking, She sleeps MUCH more than usual and
doesn't to clean herself as much as usual. We believe she will only live a
few more hours (three to 24). We plan to have here cremated. Our questions
are how soon after she dies must we have her frozen so that we can have here
cremated next week, and can we freeze here by placing here in a cooler
packed with ice?

Thank You Very Much

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I just went through the
same thing with my two 19-year-old cats who died within 5 months
of each other.

You don't have to freeze her. But you should at least keep her
cold until you can get her to the crematory. It may sound strange,
but you can keep her in the refrigerator. That's what I did, but
it was only for three days.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Old October 12th 03, 05:43 PM
Linda Terrell

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:23:05 UTC, "Lois Trivison Kren"
wrote:

We have a 16 1/2 year old cat that is slowing wasting away to nothing. She
won't eat. She has difficulty walking, She sleeps MUCH more than usual and
doesn't to clean herself as much as usual. We believe she will only live a
few more hours (three to 24). We plan to have here cremated. Our questions
are how soon after she dies must we have her frozen so that we can have here
cremated next week, and can we freeze here by placing here in a cooler
packed with ice?

Thank You Very Much

Have you tried getting any food into her? I use KMR kitten formula
and Nutri-Cal gel from a syringe. Starving is painful so I try to
make the
ending days as comfortable as possible. Also, syringe feed water.

when she finally lets go, you can put her in a plastic bag in the
freezer or fridge.

would it be kinder to have her put down?

LT

dying cat? Tom Cat health & behaviour 24 July 16th 04 05:42 AM
Nic is Dying Sethran Cat health & behaviour 105 March 16th 04 08:18 AM