There's a cheese tax

Old March 21st 15, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default There's a cheese tax

I knew that there was a meat tax, and occasionally, a
walking-past-the-treat-jar tax, but I didn't realize that there was also a
cheese tax.

I picked up a little package of individually foil wrapped cheese wedges at
the grocery store. I don't have the package in sight right now, but I
believe it was called something along the lines of, "Creepy Anthropomorphic
Grinning Cow Cheese".

Now, whenever I unwrap a piece, Dot and Spicey demand to each be offered a
piece off my finger.
Old March 21st 15, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/21/2015 12:56 PM, Takayuki wrote:
I knew that there was a meat tax, and occasionally, a
walking-past-the-treat-jar tax, but I didn't realize that there was also a
cheese tax.

I picked up a little package of individually foil wrapped cheese wedges at
the grocery store. I don't have the package in sight right now, but I
believe it was called something along the lines of, "Creepy Anthropomorphic
Grinning Cow Cheese".

Laughing!

Now, whenever I unwrap a piece, Dot and Spicey demand to each be offered a
piece off my finger.

Persia liked that awful powdered cheese stuff on Cheeto's cheese puff
snacks.

Jill
Old March 21st 15, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 16:42:32 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
On 3/21/2015 12:56 PM, Takayuki wrote:
I knew that there was a meat tax, and occasionally, a
walking-past-the-treat-jar tax, but I didn't realize that there was also a
cheese tax.

I picked up a little package of individually foil wrapped cheese wedges at
the grocery store. I don't have the package in sight right now, but I
believe it was called something along the lines of, "Creepy Anthropomorphic
Grinning Cow Cheese".

Laughing!

Now, whenever I unwrap a piece, Dot and Spicey demand to each be offered a
piece off my finger.

Persia liked that awful powdered cheese stuff on Cheeto's cheese puff
snacks.

You mean that she'd lick the cheese (or maybe it's "cheez") off each piece
so that you had to eat a plain piece of puffed corn?
Old March 21st 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/21/2015 5:07 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

Yep, she'd lick the fake "cheez" powder off and leave me with a small
piece of wet puffed corn, which I did *not* eat. I did pick it up off
the floor, though!

Jill
Old March 22nd 15, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I knew that there was a meat tax, and occasionally, a
walking-past-the-treat-jar tax, but I didn't realize that there was also a
cheese tax.

I picked up a little package of individually foil wrapped cheese wedges at
the grocery store. I don't have the package in sight right now, but I
believe it was called something along the lines of, "Creepy
Anthropomorphic
Grinning Cow Cheese".

grin
We have something similar called "Laughing Cow"

Now, whenever I unwrap a piece, Dot and Spicey demand to each be offered a
piece off my finger.

They have you exactly where they want you ;-)
Boyfie has recently discovered he likes cheese too. I dropped a piece of
cheddar. I was doing cheese on toast for breakfast - he was winding around
my legs hoping it was going to be a toasted bacon sandwich as he gets the
fat I cut off. I didn't expect he'd like it, but he scarfed it up. It's a
cheese called Seriously Strong Cheddar, although I don't think it lives up
to the name. I've eaten really strong Cheddar that burns the soft palate!
Luckily Boyfie didn't get that. Now I'll have him haunting me at the
toaster every morning "any bacon fat (or cheese?)"
I really don't like him winding between my legs because I fell over him
doing this in 2011 and broke my shoulder.

Particularly as he has his own breakfast before mine.
He's such a foodhound that I never offer him treats or any of my food,
otherwise my life would not be my own. If I have a snack at lunchtime and
*ever* gave him some of it, he'd be bullying me every day "isn't it time
for a bit of lunch now?"
And the way he often does it is to sit on my knee and stare into my eyes. I
know what's it's leading to so I try not to return his gaze. He does a very
tiny meow, so I look at him. Then he raises his paw and almost touches my
face. I say "it's not time yet." and he puts his foot down. He continues
to stare into my eyes.
Boyfie has an accurate clock in his head, he just tries his luck.
And if anyone reading this who hasn't known Boyfie before thinks he is
starved - I can assure you that I spent loads of money at the vet about his
huge appetite, with tests etc. There is nothing wrong with him. They told
me he is just greedy.

Someone who had him once will never know where he is. Because they didn't
neuter him. I did.
I think he is fine with me.

Old March 22nd 15, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Pit2nya loves Laughing Cow Cheese.
She gets some every time I use it on toast or a bagel (small or half.)
The other day though, she discovered my glass of warm milk,
and proceeded to help herself. I was surprised.
I guess she was too, when she upchucked most/all of it.
Though she can tolerate the Laughing Cow, I guess she is lactose
intolerant when it comes to plain milk.

Sylvia

Old March 23rd 15, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:59:32 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

This level of begging is completely normal for a cat. I think it's more
down as much to personality as appetite. Dot, Buster, and Spicey are all
hungry enough kitties, but Dot begs the most, because she has the most
social intelligence of the three. (That's not to say that she's necessarily
the smartest of the bunch - Buster has the best problem solving
intelligence, and Spicey has the most introspective intelligence.)

It sounds like Boyfriend vocalizes a bit more than before too - I suspect
that only cats are more vocal and whiny.
Old March 25th 15, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
This level of begging is completely normal for a cat. I think it's more
down as much to personality as appetite. Dot, Buster, and Spicey are all
hungry enough kitties, but Dot begs the most, because she has the most
social intelligence of the three. (That's not to say that she's
necessarily
the smartest of the bunch - Buster has the best problem solving
intelligence, and Spicey has the most introspective intelligence.)

It sounds like Boyfriend vocalizes a bit more than before too - I suspect
that only cats are more vocal and whiny.

Actually, he hardly vocalizes at all. Except when it's important like when
he is waiting outside my bedroom door in the morning and hears my breathing
change as I wake up, Because Then It Can Be Time for Breakfast!
I actually wish he *would* meow when he wants to come in from outside, but
he almost never does: he sits on the quilt on top of what Nüle calls "his
beloved freezer" and waits.

The exception to this was when I came home from hospital, he was so thrilled
(I hope) or maybe surprised that he simply could not stop meowing for hours,
every couple of minutes he looked at me and meowed.

I'm not sure about only cats being more vocal and "whiny", Boyfie is not
more vocal now than when KFC was alive when he was 2nd cat. KFC herself
could not meow - her mouth opened to meow but nothing came out. I've heard
it suggested that feral cats have no need to meow at a level that humans can
hear and so maybe she forgot to adjust it when she came to live with me ;-)

Tweed

Old March 25th 15, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 22:33:22 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

This level of begging is completely normal for a cat. I think it's more
down as much to personality as appetite.

I'd had MORE than a few cats in my lifetime, and there were
a few that begged a bit, but none who didn't understand 'NO'
when said with authority.

I don't want to say "NO" to Boyfriend with authority, it literally took me
years before I could even shut my back door so he could escape. It took
around 4 months to feed him in. He runs if the doorbell rings even now.
But he does kind of take advantage now.
GLyN doesn't care at all for human food, most of the time.
But he will take a piece of lunchmeat at times when I'm
making a sandwich, but that's maybe 2-3 times a year.
Otherwise, he's fine with dry food always available,
and canned food once a day, which he often doesn't even
finish.

You do realise that a dry food diet isn't good for boycats? It can result
in a blocked uretha and if it does, their penis is removed.

Boyfie loves dry food but I feed him on wet 2x daily and just a sprinkle of
dry at bedtime.

---

Old March 25th 15, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:27:39 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

You do realise that a dry food diet isn't good for boycats? It can
result
in a blocked uretha and if it does, their penis is removed.

Boyfie loves dry food but I feed him on wet 2x daily and just a sprinkle
of
dry at bedtime.

Dry food (GOOD dry food) is fine for male cats who have been neutered
early. Intact male cats are much more likely to suffer from a urinary
blockage due to ash in cheap dry food.

--

I'll leave it up to you if you have a boycat you want to risk.
Boyfie gets a tablespoon of dry at 10 pm. Purely because he loves it. I

Does you cat eat cheese? James Cat health & behaviour 16 October 13th 08 04:36 AM
who cut the cheese thug gangsta bookie fan Cat health & behaviour 36 April 22nd 07 10:11 PM
[food] Cheese! Yowie Cat anecdotes 59 April 11th 06 03:03 PM
That is not CHEESE! Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 159 September 2nd 04 12:03 PM
Persia the cheese thief jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 December 1st 03 10:55 AM