Boyfriend sees a dog!

Old April 8th 15, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend sees a dog!

Christina Websell wrote:
He'd nipped out for a while when I went out food shopping this afternoon
so when he heard my car pull into the drive, home, he was waiting on the
front. He must know the sound of the engine.
I was unloading Mr F (my car) from the hatchback when I noticed two
people coming along the pavement with a d*g. I could see it, but Boyfie
couldn't as the car was in way of his view. I decided I'd like to see
what he would do, and in case you think that's a bit cruel, it was a
tiny Yorkshire terrier, maybe a foot long and 6 inches high.

Boyfie saw it, rushed down the side of the house in a panic and vaulted
over the gate.

One place I lived, a woman used to walk her miniature Schnauzers past my
house. I was on my porch one day when she did so, and the dogs seemed
apprehensive. I asked whether they were looking for Patches (my rescued
18 pound tomcat). She said they were looking for the "devil" cat. At
that point Patches put in an appearance to rush at the dogs and jump over
them! (Not exactly an attack, but since he was bigger than either of the
dogs, I guess they had a right to be scared.)

Now had it been Kitty Farmcat in the same situation as Boyfie it would have
been a whole different scenario.

She was very brave about dogs. She'd have just stayed there, stared anydog
in the face and said "What? just get on your way unless you want a million
claws in your face"
They usually took that advice.
Boyfie is scared of dogs so no chance of Lennie coming here.
When Kitty was living in the garden, she somehow recognised my one whippet
Minnie who liked cats and she would appear and wind herself round her legs
when Minnie was outside. Minnie quite liked it.

She never made a mistake about the others otherwise she'd have been a
gonner. Minnie's son Logan looked like his mum but Kitty FC knew the
difference.
Minnie was my heart dog. She lived just a few days past her twentieth
birthday. More than any dog I ever had but not enough.
Logan her son lived to be 18. My vet said "I want your secret"

Old April 8th 15, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:

She never made a mistake about the others otherwise she'd have been a
gonner. Minnie's son Logan looked like his mum but Kitty FC knew the
difference.
Minnie was my heart dog. She lived just a few days past her twentieth
birthday. More than any dog I ever had but not enough.
Logan her son lived to be 18. My vet said "I want your secret"

Since cats tend to live longer than dogs, perhaps your cats confided
their secret to them? (I suspect part of the reason is because cats
sleep so many hours a day.)
Old April 9th 15, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
"Judith Latham" wrote in message
If you're going to talk to the vet about Lennie's diet make sure the
vet
knows not to tell his owner you said anything otherwise she might stop
you
seeing Lennie, which would be sad for both of you and you wouldn't have
any chance to keep putting the point about his diet to her.

It's the same vet that saved Boyfie, and I've been using that vet
practice
since I was a child. they should trust me. He will not say anything to
her
if I say not.
Rita will not stop me seeing Lennie because she relies on me to take him
out. He cannot wee or poo unless I do.
She loves him so much that she stuffs him with unsuitable food which is
causing him mega-itching and his poor feet are raw where he's been
nibbling
at them.
She so lies about his diet, so I'm not going to let her.

I intend to speak to the vet. Maybe she'll take more notice of him than
me,
or Mary.
Seems a bit sort of deceitful, I know. But she is ruining the health of
that lovely dog with his diet. He's having a huge ton of allergy tests
next
week.
My guess is that he's allergic to too much protein in his diet, but I
might
be wrong. I'm fed up of saying "stop adding stewed beef/lamb/chicken to
his complete weight reduction diet plus he doesn't need ham, a packet of
crisps and chicken for lunch" Plus treats all day.

So I will tell the vet, because Rita won't. I'm hoping he will tell her
feed him on complete weight reduction food only, with maybe some gravy
on.
He's far too chubby. And he does not need puddings, which apparently he
gets at weekends.

She's the one being deceitful, not you.

Joy

I know. She's so stubborn about his diet, so I am hoping to tell the vet
about it. I sent an e-mail to the vet "talk to me about Lennie Smith" as
he's going in on 13th April for allergy tests.
he might have allergies, and if he does the vet will sort it out. IMO
everything wrong with him is caused by bad feeding.
and I am not allowing Rita to lie about it.
Bad luck, we have the same vet. !!!

Old April 9th 15, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

She never made a mistake about the others otherwise she'd have been a
gonner. Minnie's son Logan looked like his mum but Kitty FC knew the
difference.
Minnie was my heart dog. She lived just a few days past her twentieth
birthday. More than any dog I ever had but not enough.
Logan her son lived to be 18. My vet said "I want your secret"

Since cats tend to live longer than dogs, perhaps your cats confided their
secret to them? (I suspect part of the reason is because cats sleep so
many hours a day.)

I never had cats before all my dogs were gone. Kitty appeared. Did I want
her? No. I didn't but she moved in anyway. She lived in the garden and
suddenly she was in the kitchen lying in front of the fire, so I said OK/

Old April 10th 15, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

She never made a mistake about the others otherwise she'd have been a
gonner. Minnie's son Logan looked like his mum but Kitty FC knew the
difference.
Minnie was my heart dog. She lived just a few days past her twentieth
birthday. More than any dog I ever had but not enough.
Logan her son lived to be 18. My vet said "I want your secret"

Since cats tend to live longer than dogs, perhaps your cats confided their
secret to them? (I suspect part of the reason is because cats sleep so
many hours a day.)

I didn't have cats when I had whippets. That would have been a bad idea.
However when KFC was living in the garden and Minnie the whippet was out for
a wee, Kitty would wind herself around Minnie's legs. Minnie had been
brought up with a cat before I got her and she was thrilled about it.
Not so her children. They would have killed Kitty Farmcat immediately, but
the girl was never stupid.

Old April 16th 15, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 4/4/2015 3:49 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
If you're going to talk to the vet about Lennie's diet make sure the vet
knows not to tell his owner you said anything otherwise she might stop
you
seeing Lennie, which would be sad for both of you and you wouldn't have
any chance to keep putting the point about his diet to her.

Judith

I understand her concern but I'm not really sure the vet has any business
listening to anyone other than Lennie's owners about his care. She's
already said she has suggested different food for him. But Lennie is not
her dog.

Jill

No, he is not my dog. He is being fed dreadfully, so what do you suggest
about it? Last Friday he exploded his bowels 50 yards away and it needed a
bucket of water to sort that out.
I am truly fed up about it. He's to the vets for allergy tests. Maybe he
has allergies. More likely it's his terrible diet.
Rita lies about his diet. When I first started walking him his bowels were
awful so I said "lets try to sort out his diet" and she said yes.
Pointless. I'm hoping she'll take more notice of the vet.

Old April 16th 15, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I have no suggestions, Tweed. I just really don't know what you can do
about it since he is not your dog. He's not a stray. Perhaps your
having been asked to walk him gives you some license. I honestly don't
know. Good luck with Lennie the dog.

Jill
Old April 17th 15, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I have every intention of sorting him out but it's really difficult. Rita
lies about his food. I dont know what to do about it.
Lennie is well loved, he goes to the poodle parlour every month. But his
diet is awful.
and it's me who has to try and pick up the results.
He's having allergy tests to see what is wrong which is costing nearly 400
pounds.
I know what is wrong: he gets too much protein, he is supposed to eat only
Burn's weight reduction diet.but he gets chicken and ham for lunch and added
beef to his supper. He gets puddings too.Plus a million treats. He's
getting fat.
Mary, his usual dog walker, told me that Rita was very stubborn about
Lennie's diet. Ain't that just the truth.

I walked Lennie every day for 13 weeks while Mary recovered from a broken
ankle. I did it as a favour. Now I only do Fridays.
I love that poodle now.

Old April 19th 15, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 4/4/2015 3:49 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
If you're going to talk to the vet about Lennie's diet make sure the vet
knows not to tell his owner you said anything otherwise she might stop
you
seeing Lennie, which would be sad for both of you and you wouldn't have
any chance to keep putting the point about his diet to her.

Judith

I understand her concern but I'm not really sure the vet has any business
listening to anyone other than Lennie's owners about his care. She's
already said she has suggested different food for him. But Lennie is not
her dog.

Jill

I know that, but it's me who has to pick up his poo and I don't want to
have a bucket of water to clear it up. Like yesterday.

You have to be there to know it.
He isn't being fed properly. Trust me on this. Poor lad waited for me
to be taken out and I'd didnt get him to end of the street before his bowels
exploded in a huge pool.
Of course I will be speaking to his vet about his diet. Because I know
what he eats.
He isn't my dog. but I kinda love him, I've been exercising him since last
December.

Old April 19th 15, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

We are awaiting Lennie's allergy tests at the cost of nearly 400 pounds to
find out what is wrong.
I am fairly sure I know; he has too much protein in his diet, but maybe
perhaps he is allergic to wheat in his diet? Unlikely tbh.
He gets lunch which is only chicken and ham His dinner is what she has.
No wonder his bowels are out of order.