OMG! One more reason to NOT declaw...

Old August 10th 03, 11:26 PM
Cheryl

In ,
Sharon composed with style:

Karen - why the constant bullying? Huh? I know what your point is,
for the most part I respect it. But you ignore that and only tear
me apart almost as entertainment.

I have never seen Karen bully anyone, especially not for
entertainment. In the years I've "known" her online, she is a gentle
person who cares about cats and wants to see abuse of them stopped.
Period. You happen to run a practice that declaws cats. You also
happen to be online to discuss this with to find out why.

Old August 10th 03, 11:36 PM
Cheryl

In ,
Brandy Alexandre composed with style:

Yeah, I'm villified for declawing my cat over 10 years ago before it
became a cause celeb and not being sorry for it.

No, you're wrong. You were villified for your repeated claims of
condoning it for others if they want to do it to their cats. You also
don't regret maiming Kami, even 10 years later knowing what you had
done to her. Your first post here that raised most peoples eyebrows
was an adamant "NO" to a plea to help spread the word about the W
Hollywood ban on declaw.

Old August 11th 03, 05:40 PM

Brandy wroe:

That's not reality.

Well, yes, it is. There has been plenty of evidence provided to you to
back it up and to date you have not provided a single source to back up
any of your claims. It seems you are in a perpetual state of denial.

That's an unfortunate incident that these
screaming harpies want everyone to
believe happens to every cat every time.

What was that you were saying about namecalling?

I haven't seen anyone here "ever" say that complications such as the one
in the photo happen "every" time. What is true that complications do
happen at a high rate. So high in fact that veterinarians did a study
and their findings bear this out. To subject a cat not only to
intentional handicapping, but to the plethora of proven risks, is cruel
and inhumane. The statistics were listed right under the photo. It's not
surprising that you choose to ignore them as it would be one more nail
in the coffin that your lame and unproven arguments lie in.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old August 11th 03, 08:31 PM
-L.

"Sharon" wrote in message ...
Of course. She's got things like mortgage payments to think about. You
think she's going to like arguments against easy income? Puhleeze.

Before you assume things about me, why don't you ask. If you go and look you
will see that declawing at our practice is not even close to a regular
procedure and only a last resort procedure. Easy income? Hardly.

That said, stopping the practice of declawing will need more than laws.
As in other countries, vets will have to Just Say No. It boils down to
attitudes in society at large.

And sometimes in a very few cases it needs to be an option. VERY FEW CASES.

You are correct - in the cases where the claw is damaged beyond repair
and/or diseased. And that is the ONLY time declawing is necessary.

-L.

Old August 11th 03, 08:42 PM
-L.

"Sharon" wrote in message ...
*snort* she'd just pooh pooh it away like everything else, ask for proof,
then ignore the proof even though she read that that proof was tainted.

Tainted proof? Extrapolate the data any way you want to fit your agenda,
just don't speak for me. I never pooh poohed anything. It seems as though
you have labeled me as something I am not.

-Sharon

You're an advocate for declaw surgery and you profit from declaw
surgery. That's all we need to know.

-L.