Baby Blues (not OT)

Old June 30th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Baby Blues (not OT)

The cats in the Two Lumps comic have been reliving their kittenhood
lately. They being Russian Blues, like my Mir, I'm reminded of her
kittenhood.

The first time I visited the litter, I played with the kittens. One of
them climbed onto my lap and played with my 'senility cord' as Mum so
subtly puts it - the chain of my glasses. Then she fell asleep on my
arm. My niece just shook her head in wonder. This little girl hadn't
done anything like this before. I thought it was cute, but I really
didn't have a clue.

The next time I visited the kittens, they were much bigger. I played
with them, and when I sat down, one little girl climbed up in my lap and
played with the chain of my glasses. Then she fell asleep on my arm. I
thought it was cute, but I still didn't have a clue. I didn't even know
that it was the same kitten, since they all looked the same to me.

A couple of weeks later, I found myself phoning my niece out of the blue
and telling her I'd be willing to take one or two of the kittens, if she
didn't find homes for them. I don't remember even thinking about it, I
just rang her without planning to. I still didn't have a clue.

Then panic set in - how would my little b*tch Nikki take to a new cat?
She hated strangers, and couldn't even bear to have Frank being friendly
to a strange cat. What had I done? My niece promised she would take the
kitten back if it didn't work out with Nikki.

My niece had made mental notes that the same little girl had crept into
my lap and fallen asleep there several times, and this was the little
girl she gave me. She was then called Cashmere, Mere for short. It
morphed into Mir and then Miranda. Ever since the first day with me, she
came to me for safety against Nikki (who was pretty foul-mouthed at
first, but never touched or hurt Mir), and from the second day on, she
slept with me under the covers (so F&N wouldn't know she was there?),
snuggled up tightly against me. I think she decided the first time I
visited that I was her human.

Some pics from my visits with the kittens:

http://pets.webshots.com/album/231002479JeCnGu

Old June 30th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Awww, that's a sweet story!

Joyce, top-posting so I wouldn't have to do any snipping.

Old July 1st 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Marina" wrote in message
The cats in the Two Lumps comic have been reliving their kittenhood
lately. They being Russian Blues, like my Mir, I'm reminded of her
kittenhood.

The first time I visited the litter, I played with the kittens. One of
them climbed onto my lap and played with my 'senility cord' as Mum so
subtly puts it - the chain of my glasses. Then she fell asleep on my
arm. My niece just shook her head in wonder. This little girl hadn't
done anything like this before. I thought it was cute, but I really
didn't have a clue.

Bitties are cute anyway, but Miranda and her brofurs and sisfurs are even
more cute than I remembered. Was that Miranda on the person's shoulder?

Pam S. who was and is enchanted by Russian Blue kitties

Old July 1st 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:

Bitties are cute anyway, but Miranda and her brofurs and sisfurs are even
more cute than I remembered. Was that Miranda on the person's shoulder?

Pam S. who was and is enchanted by Russian Blue kitties

I think that probably was Miranda on my niece's shoulder, since she
loves climbing on my back, too. I also suspect that is her with the
shoe, looking all innocent, since she loves everything stringy.

Old July 1st 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:46:42 +0300, Marina
wrote:

[...]

OMG: are those kittens CUTE!

All kittens are cute, but Kira's litter is just cute squared! (Or to the
power of TEN!)

I'm glad that Mir picked *you* out. I don't see how it would be possible
to choose just one of those precious little kittens!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old July 1st 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

Eeeeeeeeek! Those bitties are so beautiful. There's something so
cute/strange about those little ghost-like grey forms.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 4th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Marina wrote:
The cats in the Two Lumps comic have been reliving their kittenhood
lately. They being Russian Blues, like my Mir, I'm reminded of her
kittenhood.

snip
Some pics from my visits with the kittens:

http://pets.webshots.com/album/231002479JeCnGu

Great pics!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

The Soggy Bum Blues CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 December 23rd 05 05:02 PM
Bottle Cap Blues and OT LMarks Cat anecdotes 4 December 20th 04 09:02 PM
Skeeter blues Yoj Cat anecdotes 111 September 10th 04 08:10 AM
Feeder for only one cat (aka the fat cat blues) Sethran Cat health & behaviour 22 May 22nd 04 11:42 PM
Litter Box Blues Wendy Cat health & behaviour 6 February 13th 04 11:54 PM