I put up the tree

Old December 8th 04, 01:33 AM
Mischief

Default I put up the tree

Well, I put up the Xmas tree. It's just a little artificial one that
my roommate owns. It's a short on that sits on the kitchen table,
cause we have no other place to put it.

As I was setting up the branches on the table, Mischief leaps up onto
the table to investigate. She then proceeds to bunny kick a branch
into submission. She gets shooed off the table.

I finish putting on the branches and start hanging the garlands.
Mischief eyes the end of the garland and her but begins to wiggle. She
pounces and gets shooed out of the kitchen.

I put up the lights. Again Mischief eyes the cord and yes, she is
shooed off the table again.

Then I hang the ornaments. These are just your cheap ornaments that
you can get by the box. Last year was the kittie's first Xmas, so I
learned the hard way about ornaments. Mischief knocked off three in
the first hour.

But I figured out how to prevent Mischief from bapping the ornaments
off the tree.

Super Glue

You super glue the ornament holder to the ornament itself so it can't
slip off. Then when you hang it, you wrap the hook all the way around
the branch so it can't fall off.

Mischief can bap them all to her heart's content and they don't fall
off.

My roommate owns one expensive ornament, but I didn't hang it up for
obvious reasons.

Mischief is pretending to be asleep in her cat tree, but it's only a
matter of time before I catch her in the kitchen inspecting the tree
again.

Old December 8th 04, 03:58 PM
CatNipped

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

ROTFLOL! I love your super glue idea! Maybe I could use it to superglue
Sammy to one spot!!! *JUST KIDDING*!!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 8th 04, 06:28 PM
Melissa Houle

Mischief wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Heh, with TWO lively, curious young cats in the house this Christmas, the
ONLY way I'd consider putting up a Christmas tree this year is if I could
suspend it upside down from the center of the living room ceiling. =o) I
don't want to be ferrying pussy cats to the vet any more than I must this
month, with Pan in bandages already. Quite aside from all that, I have some
beautiful ornaments that I don't want smashed.

Melissa

Old December 9th 04, 04:34 AM
Mischief

Both Imp AND Mischief are curled up beneath the tree in the meatloaf or
stretched out position

They did the same thing last year, I wonder why they like it under the
tree so much?

Ah well, So far they aren't bapping the ornaments.......for now.
Kristi

Old December 9th 04, 04:35 AM
Mischief

Nah, you don't need to superglue her to one spot....

But you ought to superglue EVERYTHING ELSE into place.
hehehehehehehehe

Kristi

Old December 9th 04, 05:41 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Mischief" had some very interesting things to
say about I put up the tree:

Both Imp AND Mischief are curled up beneath the tree in the meatloaf or
stretched out position
They did the same thing last year, I wonder why they like it under the
tree so much?

Felix likes under the tree, too. I thought it was the tree skirt [felt
applique, beads and sequins, some padding under appliques] he likes.

Ah well, So far they aren't bapping the ornaments.......for now.

"for now" :-)

Old December 9th 04, 04:46 PM
CatNipped

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
Nah, you don't need to superglue her to one spot....

But you ought to superglue EVERYTHING ELSE into place.
hehehehehehehehe

Kristi

Excellent idea - also, then I wouldn't have to do my most hated chore,
dusting, I could just get the leaf blower and go through the house with that
and not worry about things being blown over and broken! Hmmmmmmm...

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 13th 04, 04:19 PM
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
dusting, I could just get the leaf blower and go through the house with that
and not worry about things being blown over and broken! Hmmmmmmm...

That's brilliant! I'll suggest it to Tom next time he complains the
house is dusty...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he