How Archer Gets Pettin's

Old May 30th 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default How Archer Gets Pettin's

Archer has a *VERY* expressive face. He's the only cat I've ever seen who
can clearly, with only his face, show what he's feeling inside.

When Archer wants to be petted, he'll come sit next to me and start purring.
If I don't do anything, he'll lean over and give me two quick licks on my
hand to "show me" what he wants, and then looks at my face expectantly
waiting for his pettin's. If I still do nothing he gives a little kitty
sigh (and probably mumbles something under his breath about human
stupidity), he'll lean over and give me a few more licks on my hand and then
turn and look eagerly at my face ("see, that's what I want"). If that
doesn't work he'll lean over and start rubbing his face and head all over my
hand ("what do I have to do to get it across to you stupid, stupid mommy
that *that's* what I want) and then peers into my face with a rather
aggravated look. If that doesn't work he'll start kneading on my belly (the
absolute surest way to get momma cat to give a boy some lickin's). And if
that doesn't work he will - I swear to Bast this is true - look into my face
with *THE* most pathetic, defeated look on his face and just continue
staring at me like that, looking like his best friend just died, until I
can't control myself any longer and have to laugh out loud and give him some
pettin's.

I'll have to try soon to capture that face on my camera (which is my cell
phone now-a-days so should be sitting right next to me no matter where I am.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old May 30th 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

[...]

Awwww, he must think you're really thick not to figure out what he wants.
Glad he makes you laugh.

Bobble
Old May 31st 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 30, 4:51*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

I know *exactly* that look you're talking about. It must be an orange
tabby thing. We call it Bosley's "persecuted look." He also has
a very expressive face.

Sherry
Old May 31st 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default How Archer Gets Pettin's - UPDATE

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

OK, this isn't *quite* it (most times he has his little tongue stuck out
too), but you can get an idea of how sad he can look when he doesn't get his
pettin's.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/sad/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 1st 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
OK, this isn't *quite* it (most times he has his little tongue stuck out
too), but you can get an idea of how sad he can look when he doesn't get his
pettin's.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/sad/

There's such a contrast between when he's being plaintive and when
he's acting like a Matrix kitten.

Purrs for Archer Please CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 26 June 3rd 08 02:39 PM
ARCHER!!! CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 February 7th 08 11:54 PM
ARCHER!!!! CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 16 December 16th 07 06:45 PM
Archer is out a bit CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 October 27th 07 10:05 PM
Another Archer Update CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 16 October 26th 07 08:38 PM