Our meowmie is cruel!

Old June 3rd 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Our meowmie is cruel!

There woz I, doin' one thing wot I am very good at- sleepin'. I needed
sleepin' 'cos I was up half the night on my website (They saw through
that! Pretty soon maybe they lock me out of living room but I can
always use her's in bedroom, when them two sleepin' they's sleepin'
good!)

I was all curled up on the nice soft mat by the big thing wot they
fills with water 'cos they are not as efficient as us cats when it
comes to having a wash! The Sun was shining right down on me so is a
good spot when Sun is out

Then this mousie ran past me! Well of course bein' as I am a big
hunter I jumps up and goes after it. And I gets it but soon as I do,
what does the cruel meowmie do? She picks it up and she does something
to it, I think she pettin' it- this will not do! Is only me (and maybe
sometimes Dunzi) gets pettin in this house! But she has it in her hand
and she is movin' her hand against it.

Then she puts it down and it runs off again an' so I have to chase it.
Then it stops an' as I am about to pick it up by the neck, meowmie
takes it and moves her hand on it again and then puts it down and da
mousie runs off again and when I gets it, she takes it from me and she
pats it with her hand and she put it down and it runs and I catch it
and she takes it off me

This go on for a very long time and meowmie laughs at me! Then she
calls Paw and he laughs at me as well!

They not let me kill and eat mousie but they keep it and they keep
saving it from the jaws of doom even through it shook its tail in my
face!

Sarrasine

(From Lesley, I have not got a live mouse to throw to the cats. It's a
clockwork one and Sarsi is proving quite inept at catching it until
the clockwork runs down at which point I pick it up and rewind it. I
wish I had bothered to have a camera handy when it first ran past her!)

Old June 4th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:

(From Lesley, I have not got a live mouse to throw to the cats. It's a
clockwork one and Sarsi is proving quite inept at catching it until
the clockwork runs down at which point I pick it up and rewind it. I
wish I had bothered to have a camera handy when it first ran past her!)

I have a mousie (or it looks more like a guinea pig) that runs if you
pull out a string that comes out where its tail should be. The string
has a small plastic ring on the end. Now, Caliban proved he was smarter
than I give him credit for, because he will hold the mousie (or guinea
pig) in his front paws and pull out the string with his teeth. Then when
the thing starts 'kicking' (the little wheels are inside its fur), he
starts kicking it back. Then he rewinds it again.

Old June 4th 07, 09:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Marina wrote:
Lesley wrote:

(From Lesley, I have not got a live mouse to throw to the cats. It's
a clockwork one and Sarsi is proving quite inept at catching it until
the clockwork runs down at which point I pick it up and rewind it. I
wish I had bothered to have a camera handy when it first ran past
her!)

I have a mousie (or it looks more like a guinea pig) that runs if you
pull out a string that comes out where its tail should be. The string
has a small plastic ring on the end. Now, Caliban proved he was
smarter than I give him credit for, because he will hold the mousie
(or guinea pig) in his front paws and pull out the string with his
teeth. Then when the thing starts 'kicking' (the little wheels are
inside its fur), he starts kicking it back. Then he rewinds it again.

That would make a great video. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 4th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 06:36:32 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Lesley wrote:

(From Lesley, I have not got a live mouse to throw to the cats. It's a
clockwork one and Sarsi is proving quite inept at catching it until
the clockwork runs down at which point I pick it up and rewind it. I
wish I had bothered to have a camera handy when it first ran past her!)

I have a mousie (or it looks more like a guinea pig) that runs if you
pull out a string that comes out where its tail should be. The string
has a small plastic ring on the end. Now, Caliban proved he was smarter
than I give him credit for, because he will hold the mousie (or guinea
pig) in his front paws and pull out the string with his teeth. Then when
the thing starts 'kicking' (the little wheels are inside its fur), he
starts kicking it back. Then he rewinds it again.

I usally think of Dante as something of a little dingaling, but
very once in awhile those little dingalings show us how smart they
really are. When I had to board the boys when I went to Italy, I
let them take toys with them. Dante took a little frog. When they
came home, I opened their carriers to let them out, then I closed the
carriers again to put them away. I forgot to take Dante's froggie out
of Dante's. Dante went back to the carrier, and yelled and pawed at
it, until I opened it again. He walked in himself, picked up the
froggie, and carried it back out again.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 6th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Lesley wrote:

[...]

OK, that is TOO cute. What a smart boy!

Old June 6th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On 2007-06-04 08:41:14 -0500, Kreisleriana said:

I usally think of Dante as something of a little dingaling, but
very once in awhile those little dingalings show us how smart they
really are. When I had to board the boys when I went to Italy, I
let them take toys with them. Dante took a little frog. When they
came home, I opened their carriers to let them out, then I closed the
carriers again to put them away. I forgot to take Dante's froggie out
of Dante's. Dante went back to the carrier, and yelled and pawed at
it, until I opened it again. He walked in himself, picked up the
froggie, and carried it back out again.

OK, that is TOO cute. What a smart boy!

He is super cute!

Are People being cruel? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 September 30th 06 12:24 AM
Too cruel? 223rem Cat health & behaviour 49 May 31st 05 04:45 AM
Cruel Vet S S Cat health & behaviour 150 October 15th 04 01:38 AM
Cruel to be kind? Vee Cat health & behaviour 131 June 30th 04 09:34 AM
Is this cruel or what? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 59 January 3rd 04 04:44 AM