Kitty Kisses

Old November 2nd 05, 03:44 PM
jmcquown

Default Kitty Kisses

I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Persia was playing nurse, as cats are wont
to do. I was dozing when I heard this loud purring in my ear. Persia very
softly licked my cheek, just a couple of quick swipes, before laying her
head next to my shoulder. Awwww! Kitty kisses!

Jill

Old November 2nd 05, 05:42 PM
Adrian

Awww. Sweet Persia.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 2nd 05, 05:49 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:44:28 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Persia was playing nurse, as cats are wont
to do. I was dozing when I heard this loud purring in my ear. Persia very
softly licked my cheek, just a couple of quick swipes, before laying her
head next to my shoulder. Awwww! Kitty kisses!

Jill

Both Stinky and Dante do nose kisses. They are so similar, I wish
they would be friends. Dante is tremendously busy, though, these
days, he's really too busy for anybody.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 2nd 05, 07:48 PM
Yoj

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Persia was playing nurse, as cats are

wont
to do. I was dozing when I heard this loud purring in my ear. Persia

very
softly licked my cheek, just a couple of quick swipes, before laying her
head next to my shoulder. Awwww! Kitty kisses!

Jill

The best medicine! Hope it worked and you're feeling better today.

Joy

Old November 3rd 05, 01:30 AM
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:
I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Persia was playing nurse, as cats are wont
to do. I was dozing when I heard this loud purring in my ear. Persia very
softly licked my cheek, just a couple of quick swipes, before laying her
head next to my shoulder. Awwww! Kitty kisses!

Persia is a mutual groomer! My Betty isn't, so doesn't kiss with
tongue, but with nose, cheek, and lip.

Old November 3rd 05, 05:53 AM
jmcquown

Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:
I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Persia was playing nurse, as cats
are wont to do. I was dozing when I heard this loud purring in my
ear. Persia very softly licked my cheek, just a couple of quick
swipes, before laying her head next to my shoulder. Awwww! Kitty
kisses!

Persia is a mutual groomer! My Betty isn't, so doesn't kiss with
tongue, but with nose, cheek, and lip.

It was so soft a touch, as opposed to when she uses her sandpaper tongue on
my hand or whatever, it felt just like a gentle kiss. She seemed to know I
was in pain.

Now this morning, on the other hand, I felt much better so she was back to
gently booping me on the nose with her soft little paw to wake me up. Once
she did that, she licked my elbow as I touched my nose to laugh and to keep
her from booping my nose again Then she licked my elbow, gently bit it and
rubbed her head against it. Yes Persia, I love my sweet girl... kitty
scritches... now time to feed you! (LEAP! Off the bed she went. "Ow-ow!
Meow-ma!") Her motives are not always selfless. But she can be very
considerate.

Jill

Old November 3rd 05, 07:41 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:44:28 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Persia was playing nurse, as cats
are wont to do. I was dozing when I heard this loud purring in my
ear. Persia very softly licked my cheek, just a couple of quick
swipes, before laying her head next to my shoulder. Awwww! Kitty
kisses!

Jill

Both Stinky and Dante do nose kisses. They are so similar, I wish
they would be friends. Dante is tremendously busy, though, these
days, he's really too busy for anybody.

Theresa

Persia has taken to booping me on the nose to make sure I'm still alive or
something. It's pretty funny to open your eyes and see this paw coming at
you... she's very gentle and her paw is soft and it makes me laugh. But at
4AM ...stop that! It's not time for food yet! (But she tries, heheh.)

This little kiss was purely a sign of affection and taking care of mommy...
not a Little Shop of Horrors "feed me" thing Makes me love her all the
more.

Jill

Old November 4th 05, 03:15 AM
Enfilade

Persia has taken to booping me on the nose to make sure I'm still alive or
something. It's pretty funny to open your eyes and see this paw coming at
you... she's very gentle and her paw is soft and it makes me laugh.

Kumani hasn't petted me on the head with her paw in a few weeks
now...Poor kitten. She poly'ed on my head this morning though, and
purred and purred until I went back to sleep!

--Fil

Old November 5th 05, 03:24 AM
John F. Eldredge

wrote:

I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Persia was playing nurse, as cats are wont
to do. I was dozing when I heard this loud purring in my ear. Persia very
softly licked my cheek, just a couple of quick swipes, before laying her
head next to my shoulder. Awwww! Kitty kisses!

Jill

Cinders is a little too fond of grooming me at times. She is
particularly fond of licking my upper arms, for some reason, and will
do so over and over in the same place until it gets sore, so I have
learned to keep my arms under the covers at night. She didn't lick my
face any until I grew my beard, but now she occasionally grooms my
beard, which I allow, as that doesn't hurt if she goes on for two or
three minutes.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from