We survived

Old April 8th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default We survived

Nothing really bad weatherwise other than a few thunderstorms in the Memphis
area but towns to the east of here got hit hard. Purrs for those who met
the devestation and lost their lives in points east in Tennessee last night.
What can I say? 'Tis the season. I expect it. I don't look forward to it,
but I expect it.

Persia hid when the thunder came around yesterday morning but she got out at
appropriate times to comfort me that things were going to be okay. If it
had gotten really bad I would have joined her and taken Peaches in with us.

The ideal place for us is in the bathroom but since it's a duplex-type
dwelling the closet is just as good; inside wall, no windows and studs in
the walls. And I have a pillow and blanket in there and Persia has a 'nest'
and there's a place to put Peaches. More comfy than a bathtub.

Things are okay here for now, but again, this is the season in the mid-south
(and mid-west) for tornados.

When I thought the power might go off I boiled some pasta and doctored up
some jarred sauce so I'd have something to eat early on before the storms
hit. I hadn't eaten all day (although I made sure Persia and Peaches were
fed on schedule) but I could just imagine sitting there for oh, 15 hours, if
something really did happen, not having had a bite to eat. It wasn't the
greatest food in the world but it was something. And the worst didn't
happen here. But it happened east of Nashville, so please purr for those
people.

Persia has been extra cuddly since this bad weather. She's such a
sensitive, sweet kitty. And Peaches is chirping a lot!

Jill

Old April 8th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

It sounds terrible. Purrs for everyone affected. I have a friends in
both Smyrna and Antioch, do you know if either of those towns were
affected?

Sherry

Old April 8th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Nothing really bad weatherwise other than a few thunderstorms in the
Memphis area but towns to the east of here got hit hard. Purrs for
those who met the devestation and lost their lives in points east in
Tennessee last night. What can I say? 'Tis the season. I expect it.
I don't look forward to it, but I expect it.

I'm so glad you're ok. Purrs for those that weren't so lucky, unfortunately
they probably won't be the last this season. :-( It makes me think how lucky
I am to live in England, we just get the extremes of weather that other
parts of the world get.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 8th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 06:55:36 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Jill,

I am glad to hear that you are ok. I worry about some of my friends
down there. I am glad we seldom get tornadoes. We just get 4 to 6
feet of snow at one time!

Patti
Old April 8th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Glad you're ok I wondered about the southern and Midwest Catslaves when I
saw the news lastnight. This time of the year I don't miss Michigan.
Suz&Spicey

Old April 8th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-08 06:55:36 -0500, "jmcquown" said:

[...]

It's going to be a looooooong spring, I'm thinking. Glad you are ok.
Surprised that Nashville has damag!

Old April 8th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

snip
But it happened east of Nashville, so please purr for those
people.

Persia has been extra cuddly since this bad weather. She's such a
sensitive, sweet kitty. And Peaches is chirping a lot!

Jill

Lots and lots of purrs for everyone affected,
Polonca and Soncek

We survived jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 April 9th 06 01:45 AM
Survived the weather but many didn't jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 April 8th 06 11:48 AM
The Gulf Will Rise Again - John Grisham Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 0 October 2nd 05 07:45 PM
Well, the squirrel survived... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 December 19th 04 10:46 PM
We've survived so far. OT but WTH you're used to that from me Cap'n Pine Cone esq. Cat anecdotes 51 July 18th 04 09:34 PM