paw licking -- urgent?

Old July 1st 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

Default paw licking -- urgent?

I noticed Oscar licking one of her hind paws a few days ago, but just
thought it was kind of cute. Until DH pointed out last night that
it's new behavior and might indicate an injury. And that's when I
remembered that I'd stepped on her a few days ago.

She's not a big fan of having her paws messed with, but I've been able
to gently bend the ankle joint back and forth and gently squeeze the
paw without a major reaction from her.

She's definitely walking on it; she may be favoring it just slightly,
but it may also be that I'm just imagining that.

Naturally, this didn't come up till late Friday evening, and our vet
is closed on the weekends. I could of course go to an emergency
clinic, but this seems to be pretty minor. Any thoughts?

She's doing it again. Specifically she's licking the pads or
somewhere under the paw. I'm a little worried she will cause herself
some sort of rash.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 1st 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
[...]

Purrs that the paw licking turns out to be nothing to worry about.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 1st 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 08:17:53 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

[...]

Have you been able to examine the claws to see if they are intact? Or if
a claw may have penetrated a pad? MLB
Old July 1st 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
[...]

I'd just watch her for the weekend. I'd guess there is some bruising and
she is comforting herself.

Jo

Old July 1st 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-01, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

She's doing it again. Specifically she's licking the pads or
somewhere under the paw. I'm a little worried she will cause
herself some sort of rash.

Just now Oscar was sitting on her cat tree, so I got a good look at
her face. I had a slight suspicion. Sure enough, a tiny bit of her
ECG.

The ECG never seems to bother her, but now I'm definitely taking her
to the vet on Monday.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 1st 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Just now Oscar was sitting on her cat tree, so I got a good look at
her face. I had a slight suspicion. Sure enough, a tiny bit of her
ECG.

What's that? Some sort of exzema?

Joyce
Old July 1st 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-01, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

Just now Oscar was sitting on her cat tree, so I got a good look at
her face. I had a slight suspicion. Sure enough, a tiny bit of her
ECG.

The ECG never seems to bother her, but now I'm definitely taking her
to the vet on Monday.

I mean EGC, of course.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 1st 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

[...]

We are purring and sending best wishes it is nothing serious. Maybe just
watch it for a day or two and see what happens.
Polonca and Soncek