Sneezing

Old July 17th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default Sneezing

Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a little
concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's eating, she's
drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are normal, but I hear about 3
rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way, I'm just
hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

Old July 17th 06, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish Silberbauer

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:16:37 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a little
concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's eating, she's
drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are normal, but I hear about 3
rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way, I'm just
hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

She may have hay-fever. Our d*g, Fox, gets hay fever every spring and
autumn (fall). No big deal. He sneezes a lot, but it doesn't slow him
down at all and he shows no ill-effects at all.

Do you have any common allergens, particularly plants that have just
started flowering, in your area? Ragwort? Grasses? Goldenrod?

People and animals get hayfever from the oddest things. My DH gets
terrible hayfever from jasmine!

Tish
Old July 17th 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

wrote:

[...]

I don't know, she's an indoor cat and we've had the A/C on for the past
couple of months. I live in Florida so plants start to "wake up" from
winter around February or March. This is something new, I think.

kili

Old July 17th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

kilikini wrote:
Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a
little concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's
eating, she's drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are
normal, but I hear about 3 rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way,
I'm just hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

It could be an alergy like hay fever, purrs it doesn't worry her.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 17th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

wrote:

Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a
little concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's
eating, she's drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are
normal, but I hear about 3 rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way,
I'm just hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

She may have hay-fever. Our d*g, Fox, gets hay fever every spring and
autumn (fall). No big deal. He sneezes a lot, but it doesn't slow him
down at all and he shows no ill-effects at all.

Do you have any common allergens, particularly plants that have just
started flowering, in your area? Ragwort? Grasses? Goldenrod?

People and animals get hayfever from the oddest things. My DH gets
terrible hayfever from jasmine!

Tish

I wonder if anyone actually gets hay fever from hay. ;-)

Old July 17th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Adrian A wrote:

I wonder if anyone actually gets hay fever from hay. ;-)

I used to know a horse that did get hay fever from hay! Bit of a
problem that!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 17th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

wrote:

[...]

I do. I am mildly allergic to grass, which means that I get itchy and
sneezy after mowing the yard, despite being on a daily antihistamine
for allergies (Nashville is notoriously hard on allergy sufferers). If
I have to drive down the road behind a hay truck, I will start
sneezing.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 17th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:
"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:16:37 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

Have you changed/cleaned the filter in the A/C unit? I lived in an
apartment once that had a window-style unit built into the wall (instead

of
in a window), and when I first moved in there, it was all musty smelling

in
the entire apartment. I cleaned *everything*, including the carpet (which
had been cleaned by apt manager prior to my moving in). Still smelled
musty, and the my allergies went haywire! Finally I decided to take a
closer look at the A/C. Took the cover off. Filter was messy! It was

not
the replaceable kind, but washable. It got soaked in a sinkful of hot

sudsy
water & scrubbed! Then I took a closer look at the 'squirrel cage' unit
(fan), and it was covered in mold/mildew, so I sprayed it liberally with
Lysol and wiped it down. That seemed to fix the must smell

I wonder if that could be it. It's been a couple of months since we changed
out the filter, I think. Thanks for the thought.

kili

Old July 17th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

kilikini wrote:
Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a little
concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's eating, she's
drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are normal, but I hear about 3
rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way, I'm just
hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

We have five cats and they pass the sneezing fits around. There is
almost always one cat who is sneezing, on occasion two. Thank Ghu it is
never all of them and it isn't always the same ones. Although Missy
doesn't seem to be much of a sneezer, come to think of it. The vet has
said that it seems like a cold is circulating among them.

Will in New Haven

Old July 17th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
ps.com...

kilikini wrote:
[...]

Huh, okay. Do your cats act perfectly normal when they have the cold?

kili