Sneezing

Old July 17th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Sneezing

kilikini wrote:
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
ps.com...

kilikini wrote:
Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a

little
concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's eating,

she's
drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are normal, but I hear

about 3
rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way, I'm

just
hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

We have five cats and they pass the sneezing fits around. There is
almost always one cat who is sneezing, on occasion two. Thank Ghu it is
never all of them and it isn't always the same ones. Although Missy
doesn't seem to be much of a sneezer, come to think of it. The vet has
said that it seems like a cold is circulating among them.

Will in New Haven

Huh, okay. Do your cats act perfectly normal when they have the cold?

kili

Maggie May is the only one who acts anything LIKE perfectly normal with
or without the cold. I guess that the sneezers are a tiny bit less
active and a little bit more needy about petting but not much
difference.

Will in New Haven

Old July 17th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-17, kilikini penned:
Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a
little concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's
eating, she's drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are
normal, but I hear about 3 rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way,
I'm just hoping it's a simple cold.

Maybe she's getting somewhere dusty?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 17th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

On 2006-07-17, kilikini penned:
Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a
little concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's
eating, she's drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are
normal, but I hear about 3 rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way,
I'm just hoping it's a simple cold.

Maybe she's getting somewhere dusty?

That would be the whole house, lately! g

kili

Old July 17th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

kilikini wrote:
Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a
little concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's
eating, she's drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are
normal, but I hear about 3 rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way,
I'm just hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

I hope it's just a cold or hay fever. Sounds like it might be since she's
behaving normally in every other way.

Jill

Old July 17th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

kilikini wrote:

Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a little
concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's eating, she's
drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are normal, but I hear about 3
rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way, I'm just
hoping it's a simple cold.

More likely an allergic reaction to something in the air!
(Cats get them, too.) In this heatwave (which seems to be
affecting most of the globe), depending upon where you live,
there may be air-quality problems, smoke from nearby brush
fires, or pollen from plants blosssoming earlier than normally.

Old July 17th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adrian A wrote:

I wonder if anyone actually gets hay fever from hay. ;-)

Well, actually, back when "hay" meant anything that grew in
the meadows you mowed..... (I don't imagine dried ragweed
pollen would be any less irritating than fresh - maybe more so.)

Old July 17th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

kilikini wrote:

Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a

little
concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's eating,

she's
drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are normal, but I hear

about 3
rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way, I'm

just
hoping it's a simple cold.

More likely an allergic reaction to something in the air!
(Cats get them, too.) In this heatwave (which seems to be
affecting most of the globe), depending upon where you live,
there may be air-quality problems, smoke from nearby brush
fires, or pollen from plants blosssoming earlier than normally.

Okay, you folks have convinced me. I'm not going to worry about it! Thank
you!

kili

Old July 18th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

kilikini wrote:

Miss Chloe has been sneezing for the past couple of days and I'm a little
concerned. Her eyes are clear, her behavior is normal, she's eating, she's
drinking, she's playing, her litterbox habits are normal, but I hear about 3
rapid sneezes every hour or so.

Anyone have any ideas? Since she appears fine in every other way, I'm just
hoping it's a simple cold.

kili

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Chloe to recover really soon,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 22nd 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Tish

I wonder if anyone actually gets hay fever from hay. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.