Blanket purrs and a purr request

Old July 20th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Blanket purrs and a purr request

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
et..
gentle snip
and took Lindy, carrier and all. As I walked out to the car, it hit me.
She's about 12 years old. I know there's always a risk with anesthesia.
And I didn't even tell her goodbye. The last time I touched her was when
I stuffed her in the carrier. My mind says she'll come through it just
fine. My eyes don't seem to agree - they fill with tears every time I
think about it.

Try not to worry too much. Here in the UK there are special safer
anaesthetics for older animals now and I'm sure if your vet thinks it
would be better for Lindy to get that type, he will do it.
It's a far cry from the old days. When my first very beloved dog
Pollyanna got spayed in 1971 she was anaesthetised with chloroform!! I
felt sure I would not get her back. I did, and she was fine after a few
days.
Lindy will come back to you soon quite safely. It's impossible not to
think you are going to be that one in a how many thousand owners that lose
your pet under anaesthetic though, isn't it?
My vets are very good because they realise this. Almost the moment any
one of mine has recovered from anaesthesia a nurse will phone me - at
home or work - to say that they have come round so not to worry.

Thank you, Tweed. That's what mine did, and I can pick her up at 5:15.

On top of that, and having to get up an hour and a half earlier than
usual (I'm retired), I'm worried about Nanki-Poo. I heard barfing sounds
in the night. He barfed a couple of times in the last couple of days, so
I'm pretty sure it was him. After I got back from taking Lindy, I found
the barf (on the beige carpet, naturally). It appeared to be mostly
hairball, but it was bloody! He wasn't anywhere to be seen at that time,
but he appeared while I was eating my breakfast, came up in my lap, and
seemed to be his usual self. He is a hunter, so I don't know if the
blood is his or that of something he was eating.

I'm afraid I have no advice I can offer about that. I have had a total of
ONE hairball ever. It just looked like a middle finger made of hair with
a bit of slime around it, no blood. Nicely presented in front of the
woodburner on the new posh hearthrug I'd managed to get hold of at a
bargain price just a few days before!
I had to laugh. I suppose.

Tweed

Yes, they always pick out the worst spots to barf. I've dealt with very few
hairballs in my years as a cat slave, and I haven't seen one yet that was
shaped like a ball.

Joy

Old July 20th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 2006-07-20, Christina Websell penned:

I'm afraid I have no advice I can offer about that. I have had a
total of ONE hairball ever. It just looked like a middle finger
made of hair with a bit of slime around it, no blood. Nicely
presented in front of the woodburner on the new posh hearthrug I'd
managed to get hold of at a bargain price just a few days before! I
had to laugh. I suppose.

If you're getting hairballs, you should stop licking the cats' fur.

*duck*

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

LOL!

Joy

Old July 20th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Thank you, Winnie. Lindy won't let me brush her teeth. I'm glad Rusty will
let you do that. It's good that his teeth are in such good shape. When I
took Lindy in for her shots a couple of weeks ago, the vet said that she had
some tartar and some gingivitis on one side. I don't know what all she did,
but naturally I had to have it done. She came through the procedure okay,
anyway.

Joy

"Winnie" wrote in message
ps.com...
Purrs for you and Lindy.
Rusty is also 12 years old. He never has his teeth cleaned. But
I have been brushing his teeth since I adopted him 11 years ago. The
vet didn't say anything about his teeth in the last checkup this year.
So I assume they are fine. In the past, the vet even mentioned his
teeth were quite good for his age and asked whether I brushed them. I
better brushed him more regularly now. I've been slacking off.

Winnie

Joy wrote:
First, blanket purrs to anyone who requested them yesterday. Although I
was
on line for a while, I was off after that, and had to mark everything
read.
I got a new computer, and once I set it up to receive newsgroups (one of
the
first things I did G), I couldn't sort through the thousands of
messages
to see which ones I hadn't read before.

Now for the purr request: This morning I took Lindy to TED for some
dental
work. That meant that I couldn't let her have any food or water after 8
PM
yesterday, and I couldn't give her the usual bedtime treats. That made
me
feel bad. It felt worse when I forced her into the cat carrier, but I
knew
it was for her own good. I did talk to her on the way, but she cried all
the way anyway.

We had to wait a few minutes while a d-thing was checked in, and I had
various paperwork to fill out. While I was nearing the end of the
paperwork, a vet's assistance came and took Lindy, carrier and all. As I

Old July 20th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Purrs for Lindy and Nanki-Poo.

I've had that moment before -- getting to work and realizing I was
"too busy" to hug DH and say goodbye, or even didn't do it because I
was mildly annoyed at him. And what if that turned out to be the day
... ugh.

But you can't change what you've done, so don't stress over it.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Thank you, Monique. I feel much better now that the vet called and told me
when I can pick her up. Obviously she came through just fine.

Joy

Old July 20th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Joy" wrote in message
et...
[...]

Stress makes us do that sort of thing. I'm sure Lindy will be fine. But
sending along purrs for Lindy and for your frazzeled nerves

Jo

Old July 20th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Joy wrote:
"Adrian A" wrote in message
Purrs for Lindy, Nanki-Poo and your nerves.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Thank you, Adrian. The purrs are already working. Nanki-Poo seems
all right, so I'll just keep watching him for a while. I had a call
a little while ago, telling me I can pick Lindy up at 5:15. That
obviously means she came through the procedure okay.

Joy

I'm so glad to hear it. :-)

Old July 20th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Thu 20 Jul 2006 12:50:54p, Joy wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
. net):

Now for the purr request:

Purrs for Lindy that she's home and everything was fine. And purrs
for Nanke Poo that nothing's wrong!

--
Cheryl
Old July 21st 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Joy wrote:
Now for the purr request: This morning I took Lindy to TED for some dental
work. That meant that I couldn't let her have any food or water after 8 PM

Lots of purrs!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 21st 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Joy wrote:
[...]

Uh oh. Purrs on the way for your crew.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 22nd 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Joy wrote:

Thanks, Karen. The purrs are already working. Nanki-Poo seems all right,
so I'll just keep watching him for a while. I had a call a little while
ago, telling me I can pick Lindy up at 5:15. That obviously means she came
through the procedure okay.

Joy

I'm too late for the purrs, but I'm very relieved Nanki-Poo and Lindy
are ok.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Blanket Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 5 March 20th 05 03:46 PM
Purr request Shirley Cat anecdotes 21 January 29th 05 10:19 PM
Purr request for Sam Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 20 January 18th 05 09:18 AM
Purr request Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 31 August 16th 03 10:46 PM
Purr request - Update Tanada Cat anecdotes 2 August 14th 03 12:51 PM