Prevent The Cruelty

Old July 23rd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Prevent The Cruelty

Please excuse this offtopic post but I am trying to spread awareness of
atrocities being commited to animals. If you love animals as I do,
please help prevent the cruelty by boycotting IAMS and EUKANUBA
products for their inhumane treatment of animals. Please spread the
word!

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

Old July 23rd 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

Please excuse this offtopic post but I am trying to spread awareness of
atrocities being commited to animals. If you love animals as I do,
please help prevent the cruelty by boycotting IAMS and EUKANUBA
products for their inhumane treatment of animals. Please spread the
word!

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

Although I share PETA's concerns in SOME areas of its
activities, I don't understand what this video is supposed
to "prove"! In the first place, the picture is so tiny and
murky, you can't really be sure WHAT you are seeing. The
only thing certain is that it appears to show a number of
dogs in cages - the same thing you might see at any vet's
office, boarding kennel or animal shelter. The human voices
are mostly unintelligible, but the TONE of voice is that
which most pet-lovers employ when speaking to a dog or cat
when attending to its needs. So far as I can see, there is
no visible evidence that the animals are either being
"mistreated" or exclusively confined to cages - in fact some
of the footage seems to indicate they are being taken OUT of
the cages (by caring humans, to judge from the voice tones
employed).

Before I put my name to any "protest", I would certainly
want more reliable "proof" than inferences drawn by some
professional bleeding heart from video clips which are at
worst ambiguous (although most of them are clearly
innocuous), and certainly PROVE nothing but that there are
caged dogs present. ( In cages which, BTW, appear to be
perfectly adequate in size for the dogs shown.)

Old July 23rd 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

When it comes to anything that has to do with PETA I always do a double
take I don't trust that organization at all
with their past record

oups.com...

Old July 23rd 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Matthew wrote:
When it comes to anything that has to do with PETA I always do a
double take I don't trust that organization at all
with their past record

Me neither. They sure as hell didn't do anything to help get stranded pets
out of the areas hit by Hurricane Katrina. They *talk* a lot but do next to
nothing, AFAIK. I don't support them, not one little bit.

Jill

oups.com...

Old July 23rd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Me neither. They sure as hell didn't do anything to help get stranded pets
out of the areas hit by Hurricane Katrina. They *talk* a lot but do next to
nothing, AFAIK. I don't support them, not one little bit.

Jill////

Don't even get me started on the nut jobs at PETA. As for Hurricaine
Katrina, IIRC, there was a big stink in the press where PETA people were
claiming that they would home katrina animals and were instead
euthanaising them and then dumping the bodies.

Having dealt with PETA in the UK in the past, they are extremeist vegan
animal liberating nutters who are out for self promotion and don't
acually help animals at all.

Just my $0.02

Helen M