Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL?

Old March 15th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Paul Jackson

Default Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL?

While down there on a business trip I noticed a colony of ferals living
around a steak house. I felt helpless to assist with their situation as
a couple of them looked in bad shape (I did provide food while I was there).

Was just wondering if anyone knows how I would find anyone in that area
that would be able to help these unfortunate souls?

Thanks,

-Paul, Seattle, WA
Old March 16th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
LFC

Try searching Google for "cat rescue, orlando fl" or "feral cats,
orlando fl" and you should get some results...

Old March 17th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
alisont via CatKB.com

There was a cat near a place I frequent that was obviously not feral but
apparently abandoned. I was feeding him regularly and it got so he would
recognize my car and come running when I pulled in. Then the place started
getting upset with him and was making noises about "getting rid of him" My
allergies won't let me keep more than two cats so I tried very hard to find a
place that I could take hime to be taken care of and rehomed. Every place I
called kept giving me instructions on how to introduce a new cat to my
household. They just didn't get it. I finally called a place called RAIN
(Rescuing Animals in Need) and they gave me great instructions on how to
capture him and had me take him straight to a vet where he was nuetered and
then fostered until he could get a home. They might be able to help.

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Old March 21st 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Paul Jackson

alisont via CatKB.com wrote:
There was a cat near a place I frequent that was obviously not feral but
apparently abandoned. I was feeding him regularly and it got so he would
recognize my car and come running when I pulled in. Then the place started
getting upset with him and was making noises about "getting rid of him" My
allergies won't let me keep more than two cats so I tried very hard to find a
place that I could take hime to be taken care of and rehomed. Every place I
called kept giving me instructions on how to introduce a new cat to my
household. They just didn't get it. I finally called a place called RAIN
(Rescuing Animals in Need) and they gave me great instructions on how to
capture him and had me take him straight to a vet where he was nuetered and
then fostered until he could get a home. They might be able to help.

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/

Thank you for the link! I will certainly contact them and see what they
suggest.

Need to find a placement for a senior cat in Orlando area, or a way to get her to Memphis Donna Metler Cat rescue 0 December 21st 05 07:17 PM
What does feral mean whitershadeofpale Cat health & behaviour 33 November 9th 05 06:57 PM
Feral Cat Q. [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 13 July 31st 05 08:36 PM
Feral Cat Day Ron Herfurth Cat rescue 2 November 10th 04 12:56 PM
Looking for Orlando area Vet that refuses to declaw. Mark Cat health & behaviour 4 April 24th 04 07:26 PM