The Ball begins

Old November 15th 12, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default The Ball begins

The Highland Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[Two scarred, battle-worn man cats approach the signin table]

Good evening! We'z been here fur a while yet but we din't want to
interrupt fings by signing in then. I'ze Mr Gruff, and dis is
Clarence da Cross-eyed Kitty. We'z adopted da brofur of Amelia T
Cat's hoomin.

We'z bof used to be ferals, so we'z ain't nefur hung out wif groups
of kitties before.

Daisy-chan sees 2 exceptional man-cats at the door. Humm, which to
choose or does she have to choose? Maybe they chose another already.

Sauntering up, she gives a low purr and a flick of a tail, just enough
to warn them she is not easy but willing to meet.

A slow simple body language tells them for all her silver silk short
gown, this lady knows all about the 'OUT'.

She wanders up as they stand together and inserts her head then wiggles
her whiskrers with a grin catching them both.

Cash starts to stand but Aunt Mabel nips his tail and tells him to let
the lady have a little fun. A whisper to his ear turns them pink but
he grins and stands down. He whispers back to Aunti Mabel who laughs
and tells him to step out too. He afterall, wants to dance too! Aunti
Mabel claims the cushion and scans about for a happy fellow more her
age.

Old November 15th 12, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Mosey=^ ..^= wrote:
Meowy, Mimzy, and Sqweex would like to dance with you too, Uncle Adam
I don't mind if my wink, Meowy dances with you, and PookyKat doesn't
mind if his wink, Sqweex dances with you either.
Mimzy is a single girl, um woman cat.

Thank you, I'd love to... only I think you'll have to wait because I'm
dancing with Petunia right now.

Adam
--
"Being a cat -- it's a tough job, but SOMEBODY has to do it" - Louise
Old November 15th 12, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:
I wyll danze wiff yu iffin yu wantz.
Sunnydance hazint arift bak yet, an I kno he wudint mynd.

Why, thank you, Petunia! I'd love to.

Adam

Wunnwedol, Unka Adam.
O dey iz playin uh waltz!
1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3...
Unka Adam an Pit2ö.önya swirl arownd da danze flur.
Pit2ö.önya purrrtendz da she iz on Danzink Wiff Da Shtarz....

Oh, Louise loved waltzes. They always calmed her down. Once at the
vet's office, the vet, two techs, and my mother all sang "Take Me Out to
the Ball Game" to her. To the amazement of the staff, she did relax!

Adam
--
"Being a cat -- it's a tough job, but SOMEBODY has to do it" - Louise
Old November 15th 12, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Highland Kitties[_2_]

Daisy-chan sees 2 exceptional man-cats at the door. Humm, which to
choose or does she have to choose? Maybe they chose another already.

Sauntering up, she gives a low purr and a flick of a tail, just enough
to warn them she is not easy but willing to meet.

A slow simple body language tells them for all her silver silk short
gown, this lady knows all about the 'OUT'.

She wanders up as they stand together and inserts her head then wiggles
her whiskrers with a grin catching them both.

[Gruff and Clarence both blush a bit, but smile at Daisy-chan anyway]

Ummm - hi! We'z bof new here and is just learnin bout this socializing
fing, but could da bof usses mebbe try to dance wif you? Neifur of usses
has ever danced before, but we'z bof willing to learn.

Gruff
Old November 15th 12, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

[Amelia finds herself a nice, comfy cushion along the southern edge of
the ballroom and settles in to watch the dancing and listen to the music.
As she smiles to herself she hears a soft tinkling sound beside her. She
turns her head and sees what appears to be a large wisp of fog suddenly
coalesce into the form of a mancat. The foggy form becomes almost solid,
and Amelia sees that it is that of a tuxedo mancat appearing to be about
her age, elegantly attired in a formal evening coat and cummerbund.]

Excuse, dear ladycat, I hope I don't startle you too badly, but I wonder
if you would mind if I were to join you? My name is Rudolfo, and us less-
than-corporeal kitties don't get many chances to meet new kitties.

Amelia: No, not all all! Please, have a seat. My name is Amelia, and I'd
be delighted to chat with you. I've never know a ghost kitty before.

Rudolfo: Oh, thank you! It has been ages since I've met someone new. So
many kitties and doggies and even humans are afraid of us, it can be
quite nerve-wracking trying to introduce ourselves. We watched this
Jellicle Ball of yours - it was quite moving. It is quite an inspiration
seeing that so many kitties were so loved.

Amelia: Yes, it certainly is. We are a pretty close community, and when
one of our own leaves for the Rainbow Bridge we feel the loss quite
keenly. So, Rudolfo, I hope it's not rude or insensitive to ask, but how
long have you been - err, in not-quite-corporeal form?

Rudolfo: Oh, my - for a long time. What year is it now in the earthly
world? I've been in this form since 1922. It happened accidentally - I
was running after a squirrel and had a sudden encounter with a speeding
horse. But it was painless. and I'm quite content being here. We can
easily journey to the Rainbow Bridge at any time, we just decide to hang
around here a bit to observe some more.

I know this might be a bit difficult, but could I interest you in dancing?

Amelia: I've not danced for a very long time, but I'm game if you are!

[Rudolfo escorts Amelia to the dance floor, and they begin to slowly and
carefully circle each other in step with the music. Amelia occasionally
wobbles and sways into Rudolfo, but she simply merges with his form
instead of bumping.]
Old November 15th 12, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Oh Meow Goodneses, what gentlecat Rudolfo is!

Hee hee!

Lilith Kitten Mahoney, SOC

Old November 16th 12, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Adam wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Mosey=^ ..^= wrote:
Meowy, Mimzy, and Sqweex would like to dance with you too, Uncle
Adam I don't mind if my wink, Meowy dances with you, and PookyKat
doesn't mind if his wink, Sqweex dances with you either.
Mimzy is a single girl, um woman cat.

Thank you, I'd love to... only I think you'll have to wait because
I'm dancing with Petunia right now.

Adam

Daisy-chan with an impish gleam snags Cash out on the dance floor then
politely asks if she can cut in. Cash stands bashful but stunningly
handsomely at the side winking at Pet2nya. With a giggle the ladies
swap for the rest of the song.

As the song ends, Daisy-chan bows to the crowd and Unca Sam finds she
forgot underwear. Snickering, she scampers off only to be replaced by
Meowy, Mimzy, and Sqweex who are asking for the next dance.

Cash meantime finishs a dance with Pet2nya then stands on the sidelines
wondering if Mimzy will gift him with a second chance to dance tonight.

Old November 16th 12, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

The Highland Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Daisy-chan sees 2 exceptional man-cats at the door. Humm, which to
choose or does she have to choose? Maybe they chose another already.

Sauntering up, she gives a low purr and a flick of a tail, just
enough to warn them she is not easy but willing to meet.

A slow simple body language tells them for all her silver silk short
gown, this lady knows all about the 'OUT'.

She wanders up as they stand together and inserts her head then
wiggles her whiskrers with a grin catching them both.

[Gruff and Clarence both blush a bit, but smile at Daisy-chan anyway]

Ummm - hi! We'z bof new here and is just learnin bout this
socializing fing, but could da bof usses mebbe try to dance wif you?
Neifur of usses has ever danced before, but we'z bof willing to learn.

Gruff

Daisy-chan with a grin leads them to the dance floor just having
finished a dance with Unca Adam (she broke in with a little help then).

Now, it's simple. You move in time to the music. Cats do that by
nature so only if you want to do a fancy dance, do you have to worry on
the steps being exact. A purrfect song is 'wana piece of my heart'.
You jus jump an flip as you feel like!

The music starts and gruff looks at Clarence then they shyly move out
to the edge to the dance floor and start to move in time and Daisy-chan
sinuously dances with them. Other kittahs take notice and smile.

Slowly the dance floor fils with kittahs dancing to the song of life.

Old November 16th 12, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Mosey=^ ..^= wrote:
[...]

Pit2ö.önya, having finished her waltz with Unka Adam, and Cash,
looks around for hur Sunnydance...
They start slo dancing tu sum jentil moozik, swaying bak an forf, bak an
forf,
cheek tu cheek, doin "da elefator" (no steps)
--
Pit2ö.önya
"Being a cat -- it's a tough job, but SOMEBODY has to do it" ... Louise

Old November 17th 12, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey=^ ..^=

"cshenk" wrote in message

Mosey =^ ..^= wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

As memorials continue, various well dressed kittahs drift to the
ball

room. The ghosty part of the castle splits right here and various
comfortable cushions are all about. From out on the garden a gentle
breeze brings in late blooming jasmine and a hint of old english rose.

Daisy-chan enters in her elegant but short deep sliver gown followed
closely by Aunti Mabel who's walking fast so her head is dancing to
head banger music while her back feet as normal are doing jazz. Aunti
Mabel spys Pitunya and wanders that way. She doesnt notice a slight
gasp behind her.

Entering behind the ladies are 3 awesome males. Most awesome is
Mosey, tricked out in a glorious outfit. Eyes sparkling, he
practically struts across the room. He's been escorting the other
two and now jumps off to his family.

[Mosey} Thank you for saying that I am awesome. For that, you get a
nosepoink You look beautiful, Daisy-chan.
I would like to dance with you at some point, if that's okay with
you./ Meowy won't mind. BobQat wants to dance with Morgana.

Behind him, Unca Adam and Cash enter the room. Dapper both of them,

but Unca Adam manages to outshine Cash. This even though Cash has a
dark silver tux and emerald cumberbund with a matching tail oriment
and bow tie. The 2 guys don't notice such things though being more
interested in getting a drink. Cash who knows the layout guides Unca
Adam to the bar who orders a beer as Cash asks if they have dashi and
a splash of pig blood? They do and her orders a pitcher of it and some
champangne for the ladies. The 2 guys wander back to find the ladies
and plopp down.

Pigs blood in a drink? Yuk. That's something I don't think I want to
even try. I don't like oysters either. Nope

Mosey

Daisy-Chan gives Mosey a sedate nose-poink and marks her card for a
later dance then grabs a bowl of dashi and pigblood and adds just a

little champagne to it for sparkle. Cash and Aunti Mabel go for
their's straight up.

With a shy grin, Aunti Mabel asks Mosey if she can have a dance too
later?
'Iz dancing wif Cash first but iffin you like rock or jazz, I duz both
later ok?

Mosey grins at the sedate nosepoink he just got from Daisy-chan [thinking
"Good thing Meowy didn't see that"]
Sure, I'd love to danse wif yu Daisy-chan. yeUP.
I wike bof rock and jazz.

PiTunYa sees his expression and laughs kindly as Mosey's ears turn
pink. Meantime, Unca Adam is smothering a grin as he remembers when he
was young and ladies asked for a dance.