Gaubster's Outlandish Claims (was: "Science Diet" Hairball Control Sensitivity )

Old October 22nd 03, 11:11 PM
GAUBSTER2

I have a suspicion that the shelter Phil P works at gets free Hills foods,
hence his abrubt about face regarding foods. My cats also did very poorly on
Science Diet (I'm sure Phil will say that I'm just saying that, but it's
true.
Their coats were dry and their poops were really stinky and voluminous). If
had the choice between Science Diet and Nutro, I would definitely choose
Nutro.

Lauren, that just goes to show what you know about nutrition. You would rather
feed a high phosphorus, high calcium, pH acidifying diet that uses whatever
ingredients are cheapest at the time instead of a diet that uses a fixed
formulation, has phosphorus and calcium levels that aren't excessive, does
feeding trials, and spends tons of money on research and animal welfare?

For the record, I've had the exact OPPOSITE experience w/ cats fed Science Diet
and so have most the people I know. Small, firm, non-smelly poops, and
beautiful, shiny, glossy coats!

Old October 22nd 03, 11:24 PM
Cheryl

In ,
GAUBSTER2 composed with style:

...there you go. A Hill's basher come clean!

Ya know, just because you keep repeating the phrase "Hill's basher"
over and over ad nauseam isn't going to change anything except for the
number of people who kill file you as they get sick of it. Think
about it. If I were Steve Crane (God forbid) or any other Hill's rep
I'd consider you an embarrassment and seek an injunction to shut you
up. Pronto. You're quite sickening.

Old October 22nd 03, 11:43 PM
Cathy Friedmann

From: (GAUBSTER2)

Lauren, that just goes to show what you know about nutrition. You would
rather
feed a high phosphorus, high calcium, pH acidifying diet that uses

whatever
ingredients are cheapest at the time instead of a diet that uses a fixed
formulation,

Um, I don't feed commercial cat food, remember? I said if the choice were

Scie
Die or Nutro, Nutro would be my choice. Remember, my cats did very poorly

on
Scie Die so why would I feed it again? I don't know anyone who feeds

Nutro
whose cats do poorly. I'm not saying it's a good food, just that I don't

hear
bad things about cats who eat it.

2¢ here - & not to be confused w/ pros or cons of various people debating
this or that, various diets -

My cats have eaten Science Diet (along w/ some Royal Canin) since '91. I
tried Nutro, just for the heck of it a few years ago, when I read here that
it was a good food (before I later read that its quality then went a bit
downhill). I had two cats at the time, & both cats threw up as soon as I
started to switch them over, even though I mixed it into their usual SD food
gradually. After a few days of them repeatedly throwing up, I gave up on
the idea. Went back to their regular diet & no more throwing up.

Back in the 70's & 80's when I fed mostly 9 Lives (& some other grocery
store foods - all I knew that were available then) to my first cat Sabina,
she *did* have awfully smelly poops. After switching to SD in the early
90's, I no longer noticed those horribly smelly poops, & Debbie's coat
became noticeably shinier after about 3 weeks of eating SD Light.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old October 22nd 03, 11:43 PM
Cathy Friedmann