****ty Kitty Update

Old July 14th 04, 03:53 PM
Dally

Laura R. wrote:

circa Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:41:51 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Dally ) said,

Another point: he lies and watches us clean it up. In fact, I can tell
now from the way he lies intently watching that door that he's **** in
there. He finds the sight of us handling his **** to be very
interesting - as if we were holding a catnip ball or something.

Every cat I have ever owned loves to watch me do everything from
cleaning the litter box to wiring a server closet. They are just
curios as hell especially when it's something of theirs I'm messing
with.

Good point. I just mention it in case it's some behavioral clue that
will help me solve this. I figure if I just spout dialogue long enough
some clever diagnotician will see something that triggers an "aha!" moment.

Okay, a thought.

You know those doormats that are a rough, bristly texture? They're
made of sisal or something, but instead of being woven and ropy,
they're actually just like a huge bristle brush lying bristle-side
up.

Can you find some of those, cut them to shape (you'll need a hefty
utility knife) and put them everywhere on the floor of that bathroom
except where the litterbox is?

I know that my cats don't like the texture of those mats under their
feet; I'm betting yours won't, either. And if he doesn't like
standing on 'em, he probably won't like pooping on 'em, either.

Might be worth a shot.

Thanks, Laura, that was a great suggestion and similar to what I did
implement: I laid down bubble wrap which I sprayed with citris oil.

It's been nearly a week. I picked the bubble wrap up when I mopped but
laid it back down again and it's still there, so I don't know if the
habit is broken yet, but the bubble wrap is easy to move around and it
appears to be abhorrent to the cat.

Dally

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
kitty vs puss Brenda Cat anecdotes 30 January 26th 04 05:28 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 10:48 PM