need help

Old November 11th 03, 07:53 PM
Star2350

Default need help

Hello,

I am in a desperate situation here, so if anyone can offer any help, I would
appreciate it.

I am in Ohio and a few weeks ago, I took in a mom cat and her 3 kittens. At
3 weeks of age, my mother;s neighbor decided to toss out her cat with the
kittens. These kittens were found cold and near death when I found them. A
couple of hundred dollars later, I was able to get them back to health. The
problem I now have is that no one wants the last kitten I have available or the
mom cat. I have tried everything. I recently lost my job and have 5 cats and
3 dogs of my own to care for. Most of my money has gone to caring for these
animals that no one else would. I have tried Rescue groups, but they say they
are all full. I have made serveral postings, but nothing. PLEASE, if anyone
knows of someone looking for a beautiful cat and kitten, please contact me. I
am not looking for any money, just a great home for them. I have all their
records and will also include a litter box, food, toys etc. All I am asking
for is someone to open up their hearts and home and give them a home they
deserve.

Here is their info and thanks for listening.

Precious aka "Mom cat": BEAUTIFUL Calico whose colors are gray, yellow, white
with the prettiest dark orange eyes (never seen a color like it) DOB 7/26/02
(she is still very young and can adapt easily). Gets along fine with other
cats, dogs, and kids. Keeps to herself, but is affectionate. Was an excellent
mom to her little ones. In great health, UTD on all shots, and will be fixed
soon.

Oreo: 11 week old kitten with very unusual markings. He is a black and white
tuxedo kitten with grey/blue eyes. Very spunky and loves to play. He is very
socialized and can get along with other cats, dogs, kids etc. UTD on shots,
and been dewormed. Will be getting 2nd round of shots and deworming in about a
week.

Old November 12th 03, 01:45 AM
Aimee S

I am praying hard for you to find home's for those babies, I have 7 in
the house right now and am getting a wild calico kitten soon to tame and
find a home for, sure wish I could help, my heart goes out to you!!!
God love you, I am praying,

Aimee

Old November 12th 03, 02:27 AM
Ted Davis

On 11 Nov 2003 18:53:41 GMT, (Star2350) wrote:

Hello,

I am in a desperate situation here, so if anyone can offer any help, I would
appreciate it.

snip

You are not being aggressive enough. Contact rescue services, vets,
etc. to find out the names and phone numbers of people who have
already taken in inordinate numbers of cats - then badger them until
one agrees to take your cats. In return, you will be obligated to
take in homeless cats to excess when your situation improves, and you
might even promise to do that to help persuade someone.

I have done this once - only once, and in a time of desperation (I got
the name and address from the city police of the nearby city). Of my
thirteen cats, one was chosen, five were culls, two were strays
rescued by friends and dumped on me, two were dumped kittens
advertised on a local web board, one was a stray I rescued directly,
one was a dump rescued and then given up years later because of moving
and unable to take, and one was either a stray or a dump with the same
story but only a few months delay. That makes an even dozen rescued
cats. I think I have repaid the 'cat lady' I badgered into taking one
I had rescued but couldn't keep (I paid his vet bills though). I've
taken in and placed a number of others too. If you lived around here,
I could probably be persuaded to take yours too - there has to be
somebody like me in that near you.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)
Old November 12th 03, 09:18 PM
Chris

Just a thought--I recently worked out an agreement with my local Humane
Society Shelter to foster a kitten--after a couple of weeks I brought him in
in the morning & picked him up in afternoon so he would be available to be
seen by prospective adopters. He got adopted in 4 days... Have you
contacted your local shelter? Both the kitten & this young mother seem very
adoptable....