Ping CatNipped, re. back trouble

Old January 5th 05, 08:14 PM
Exocat

Default Ping CatNipped, re. back trouble

Hi CN. I sent this to you privately yesterday, but am posting too in
case it didn't turn up.

SO sorry to learn this. Major purrs from my 3 boys that the pain isn't
too great.

Empathy from me: I lost disc L3/4 in 1982 and L4/5 in 1984 in necessary
removal operations. Plus a scar tissue etc. cleanup in 1989.

1982's op was very successful, 1984's only partially, and 1989's no use
whatsover: since then I've been on NSIAD's (Ibuprofen to Meloxicam
(Mobic) then to Celebrex, soon obviously off Celebrex and elsewhere. I
certainly notice the difference if I have a few days "off" medication,
so I don't very often.

Recently I've begun to notice improved mobility in my spine, leading to
freer walking, through taking Glucosamine (pharmaceutical grade) with
added Chondroitin (marine not bovine) 400/100mg respectively per tablet
obtained via
www.healthspan.co.uk
at around USD38 for 360 tablets (you take 3 a day) delivered USAside.

I'm sure with your own researches you could find a competitive source.
If not, these folk might be worth a try. BTW I take them in addition to
the
NSIAD's without apparent ill effect.

Re. your other queries, I find that the harder I exercise the better the
injured area feels, and in general so do I, and annual physiotherapy to
reinforce my flexibility, generally most needed in January when we're
usually at max 5 C (41F) and sopping wet weather-wise here in Cornwall,
is highly beneficial. As I say to my physio "I come in like Quasimodo &
leave like George Sanders" which she's too young to understand but maybe
your grandparents can give you the references :-).

Hope this helps.

Empathetic purrs & best wishes
Gordon & the TT

"CatNipped" wrote

Anyone else out there dealing
with a similar back problem? Has physical therapy / exercise and
anti-inflammatories helped at all?

Old January 5th 05, 08:36 PM
CatNipped

"Exocat" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, I didn't see your email - sometimes I get too enthusiastic when
deleting the appx. 200 - 300 SPAMs a day (the woes of being a web master for
numerous sites where my email is scooped up by web-bots).

Thanks, I used to take Glucosamine but quit because it was just so darned
expensive ($40 for 180 taking 3/day). I'll look into that site - it's a
good price.

Thanks again!

Hugs,

CatNipped

ping catnipped Bridget Cat anecdotes 3 November 3rd 04 03:12 PM
PING! Catnipped jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 September 29th 04 01:49 PM
Back from Burma (long) OT badwilson Cat anecdotes 51 January 3rd 04 08:57 PM
Back AGAIN badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 November 19th 03 05:11 AM