kidneys and bloodwork readings?

Old February 5th 08, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David McCracken

Default kidneys and bloodwork readings?

I have a cat that's been on chemo and her kidney levels had been fine until
very recently.

They found an infection and suspect it's the culprit, but it has raised her
BUN level to 38 (normal range 14-36) and her Creatinine level to 3.3 (normal
range 0.6-2.4).

I was hoping someone out there with direct experience with these blood
readings could tell me how bad off her kidneys are from the above numbers?
Obviously they're not normal, but I was hoping someone with a common frame
of reference could tell me how this compares to true CRF cats.

She's on antibiotics now and seems to be responding, still has an appetite,
etc. but I'm wondering if these numbers will continue to be high or if
they'll resolve when it's caused by an infectoin.

Thanks.

Old February 6th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

From my experience with CRF, these numbers are relatively low. But
remember, you have to treat the cat, not the numbers, meaning, you have to
treat as to how the cat is feeling. I don't know much about chemo and how
that may affect kidney function.

There is a yahoo group called Feline-CRF-Support. There are lots of
knowledgeable people there dealing with cats with CRF. You may want to join
that group to get more info. Or check out the websites felinecrf.com and
felinecrf.org.

ps. What does your vet say about these numbers?

S.
---
"David McCracken" wrote in message
I have a cat that's been on chemo and her kidney levels had been fine until
very recently.

They found an infection and suspect it's the culprit, but it has raised
her BUN level to 38 (normal range 14-36) and her Creatinine level to 3.3
(normal range 0.6-2.4).

I was hoping someone out there with direct experience with these blood
readings could tell me how bad off her kidneys are from the above numbers?
Obviously they're not normal, but I was hoping someone with a common frame
of reference could tell me how this compares to true CRF cats.

She's on antibiotics now and seems to be responding, still has an
appetite, etc. but I'm wondering if these numbers will continue to be high
or if they'll resolve when it's caused by an infectoin.

Thanks.

Energy Readings via photo yodipop144 Cat anecdotes 0 August 21st 07 09:53 PM
Nice soft kidneys Zen Cat anecdotes 6 April 20th 06 04:56 AM
damaged kidneys Wendy Cat health & behaviour 2 March 22nd 06 05:49 PM
Tiger's kidneys Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 89 January 1st 06 05:00 AM
enlarged kidneys Nikki Cat health & behaviour 4 March 24th 04 03:01 AM