I'm Worried About Archer

Old October 23rd 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default I'm Worried About Archer

His leg looks OK, a bit raw in spots, but that's not what I'm worried about.
I'd told you guys that his first cast was too tight and caused his toes to
swell - and they had that on him for *THREE WEEKS* before putting on the
second cast (which he wiggled almost out of in four days - scraping his skin
raw in the process)! Last night was the first chance I got to actually look
at his toes. The swelling has gone down, and he's moving them (he'll
stretch them out), but they *look* funny - all dark - and his claws are
black where they should be pink (like the blood in the "quick" of his claws
turned black. I don't have a "sense of smell" - I don't know why, never
did, it takes a very strong odor for me to smell it. But last night Ben
said that Archer's foot smelled really bad, he thought it was from it being
in a cast for almost four weeks - I'm afraid it's something else (I keep
flashing back to Bandit's burned skin turning necrotic).

I just called the vet and, dang it, Dr. French, who signed him out
yesterday, isn't in until this afternoon, and Dr. Hilliard wasn't in
yesterday when they sent Archer home. The tech gave me the standard "bring
him in", but I can't until this afternoon anyway so left a message for Dr.
French to call me.

AARRGGHH!!!! I want this to be over with!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old October 23rd 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I just called the vet and, dang it, Dr. French, who signed him out
yesterday, isn't in until this afternoon, and Dr. Hilliard wasn't in
yesterday when they sent Archer home. The tech gave me the standard "bring
him in", but I can't until this afternoon anyway so left a message for Dr.
French to call me.

AARRGGHH!!!! I want this to be over with!

That does sound worrisome, but maybe it will just be normal post-cast
odor. We'll keep our fingers crossed and our kitties purring.

I can sympathize about not having a sense of smell. I don't have one
either. We can walk past a rose bush and Nancy will comment on how nice it
smells (from 4 feet away), but I won't be able to smell it until I stick
my nose into a rosebud. It's awfully inconvenient, and sometimes scary.

Last week we had a plumbing problem - something clogged the sewer line
leaving the house, and it backed up a little into the basement. It left a
stinky puddle covering about half the basement floor. After the RotoRooter
guy left we scrubbed the basement floor with a solution of 1 part bleach
in 4 parts water. I could smell a little bit of a chlorine smell, but
after just a few minutes my lungs started to spasm. Nancy said the
chlorine odor was overpowering, and lungs seemed to agree, but my nose
couldn't pick it up.

Old October 23rd 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alisont via CatKB.com

Poor baby! He's been through so much. And you too. I hope everything turns
out okay.

Old October 23rd 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
a very strong odor for me to smell it. But last night Ben said that
Archer's foot smelled really bad, he thought it was from it being in
a cast for almost four weeks - I'm afraid it's something else (I keep
flashing back to Bandit's burned skin turning necrotic).

I just called the vet and, dang it, Dr. French, who signed him out
yesterday, isn't in until this afternoon, and Dr. Hilliard wasn't in
yesterday when they sent Archer home. The tech gave me the standard
"bring him in", but I can't until this afternoon anyway so left a
message for Dr. French to call me.

AARRGGHH!!!! I want this to be over with!

Purrs continue for Archer. I hope it's nothing serious.

Jill

Old October 23rd 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:15:06 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

I had a mishap with the nail on my big toe. The nail turned black. It
took a long time, but the nail eventually fell off. Now I have half a
healthy nail on the bottom and the top half still has to grow out. They
do heal in time/ Best wishes for a quick healing (eventually)

Best wishes. MLB

Old October 23rd 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default I'm Worried About Archer - Update

I just talked to Dr. French and he said he didn't see anything to worry
about yesterday when Archer was released, but I could bring him in the
afternoon so he could take a look and he won't charge me for the visit.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 24th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default I'm Worried About Archer - I'm so stupid!

This is so stupid I'm embarrassed to even tell it - but in fairness to those
who were worried about Archer, I will. I brought Archer in to see Dr.
French about his toes and claws being black, and Dr. French fixed it right
away - he took his thumbnail and scraped of the dirty goop that the tape had
left on Archer's foot from the cast! :O!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 24th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
This is so stupid I'm embarrassed to even tell it - but in fairness
to those who were worried about Archer, I will. I brought Archer in
to see Dr. French about his toes and claws being black, and Dr.
French fixed it right away - he took his thumbnail and scraped of the
dirty goop that the tape had left on Archer's foot from the cast!
:O!!!

Lori, better to be worried and "stupid" than shrug it off. You had every
reason to worry about a cut off blood flow from a too tight cast (I gathered
that was what was worried you). Gangrene was *not* out of the question, you
know. I'm happy to find Archer is okay.

Jill

Old October 24th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
This is so stupid I'm embarrassed to even tell it - but in fairness
to those who were worried about Archer, I will. I brought Archer in
to see Dr. French about his toes and claws being black, and Dr.
French fixed it right away - he took his thumbnail and scraped of the
dirty goop that the tape had left on Archer's foot from the cast!
:O!!!

Lori, better to be worried and "stupid" than shrug it off.

This is true.

You had every
reason to worry about a cut off blood flow from a too tight cast (I
gathered
that was what was worried you). Gangrene was *not* out of the question,
you
know. I'm happy to find Archer is okay.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about - after what I went through with
Bandit, the multiple surgeries to remove the gangrenous tissue, well, I
guess I'm gun-shy about stuff like that.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jill

Old October 24th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, that's not stupid, that's being a caring Mom. Glad
to hear the problem was easily remedied. Did you
give Archer extra cuddles from us yet?

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan