cat very very sick, HELP!

Old November 8th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catjoy via CatKB.com

Default cat very very sick, HELP!

Mittensowner,

I saw this thread just today, so I am coming in late. Sorry to hear that
your cat was in such bad condition upon returning from college. You
obviously know that he needs medical attention ASAP, but that the time of
writing and lack of funds presented problems. I am really glad to hear that
you found a way to get Mittens to a vet.

Now, hear this. I really hope that you will not let some of the responses
you received from this thread put you off this forum altogether. Why give
any naysayers the satisfaction that they ran you off the board?? As you can
see from this thread, there were more people who cared about your cat's
situation and wanted to offer constructive advice than those who simply
attacked. I hope that you will reconsider leaving the forum and post an
update on your cat's situation. I have found that there are some really
fantastic, knowledgable, and HELPFUL cat-lovers on this forum. You can also
explore the option of killfiling which would prevent you from having to read
posts from users who don't offer anything constructive.

Old November 8th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Darth Breather" wrote in message
oups.com...

cybercat wrote:
wrote
Rather than attacking people, why not encourage them? If you believe
she is refusing to go to the vet, then give her some strong reasons why
she really needs to go now. If the person mentioned financial problems,
then give suggestions (sell stuff, etc) and remind them why this is so
important.

Meghan, I really appreciate your view. I just disagree with you.

My reaction to someone who allows their cat to suffer until she
is wasted then comes and whines about it in a newsgroup before
it occurs to her to take the cat to the vet is the reaction this moron
got. That will likely *always* be my reaction.

I just don't see that changing.

Thats reely relly stupid. Peple who dont care wont come here.

Peple who do kaar teke there cats to the veet.

Even "kids" as you call this young woman who says she is in college.

I did when I was in college. And younger. My parents did not have money
and neither did I. I found the money. Most likely the OP did not come back
because she went back to school and let the cat die.

At any rate, it's Usenet, not nursery school. You're entitled to your
opinion,
just like anyone else. No matter how stupid and naive it may be.

Old November 9th 06, 09:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Nomen Nescio wrote:

And BTW, I would be just as willing to say this "face to face" as I would over
Usenet.

.....as you hide behind an anonymous remailer. What a joke.

-L.

Old November 9th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Nomen Nescio wrote:

And BTW, I would be just as willing to say this "face to face" as I would
over
Usenet.

....as you hide behind an anonymous remailer. What a joke.

What he needs is for Hillary Clinton to give him a good asskicking.

MU hahaha!