Trouble with window ledges

Old July 15th 05, 09:20 PM
Debra

Default Trouble with window ledges

Trouble is our foundling kitty who will never be more intelligent than
a very young kitten. She is about 4 years old and doesn't know she is
more than 3 inches wide. She thinks she is still kitten size. She
tries to walk on narrow window ledges and always falls off because she
is just too wide. Now most cats who have a fall will either act like
they meant to do that or will pretend the fall never happened at all.
Not Trouble. She just sits where she fell and looks up to where she
was and tries very hard to figure out how she ended up on the floor.
When she can't figure it out, she gets up and tries to walk on the
ledge again, only this time she walks slower. Again she falls, looks
up to where she was, and tries to figure it out. Then she goes back
to the ledge and puts a foot on it to test the ledge's sturdiness.
Puts a second foot on, then a third. Sure that the ledge isn't
moving, she puts the last foot on it, takes one step forward, and
promptly falls off again. Miffed, she stands up and chitters at the
window ledge as if it had dumped her off on purpose. After that, she
washes herself a little and finds something else to do. Next week she
will do it all over again.
Debra in VA
Old July 16th 05, 12:02 AM
LazyRaptor

I know how you feel, Debra. My kitty Simon is not exactly the Einstein
of cats either. He's also the world's biggest "fraidy cat" too; I
honestly think he would run in terror from a mouse if he ever saw one.
But it just makes you love them all the more, the slow and timid ones,
because they need us so much more.

Old July 16th 05, 12:08 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Debra" wrote in message
[...]

ROFL!!

D*gs use to behave like this, imagine Great Dane trying to get up in your
lap, because he did it when he was a puppy...

Hans

Old July 16th 05, 07:38 AM
Debra

On 15 Jul 2005 16:02:55 -0700, "LazyRaptor"
wrote:

I know how you feel, Debra. My kitty Simon is not exactly the Einstein
of cats either. He's also the world's biggest "fraidy cat" too; I
honestly think he would run in terror from a mouse if he ever saw one.
But it just makes you love them all the more, the slow and timid ones,
because they need us so much more.

Bill says he sometimes sees a sign in Trouble's eyes. A "Vacancy"
sign. When she's being really stupid the other two cats just look at
her as if to say, "How did you get off the mothership without getting
a brain first?"

Have you ever noticed that cats are either very bright, or dumb as a
box of rocks? There is just no such thing as a cat with average
intelligence.

Debra in VA
Old July 16th 05, 10:24 AM
LazyRaptor

Debra, you may have a point there. Interestingly enough, Simon's
half-sister Hershey was the smartest, shrewdest cat I've ever
seen---and yet her half-brother Simon is like the Gerald Ford* of cats.
Bill's remark about Trouble having a "Vacancy" sign in her eyes is
pretty funny; have you ever noticed how men always seem to take great
glee in making fun of cats or pets in general? I used to tease my
mother about her cat, calling her "fur turd" and so on. All in a spirit
of fun of course, but it does seem like this is something men are prone
to do, much more so than women, don't you think?

*Gerald Ford sayings:

"If Lincoln were alive today, he'd roll over in his grave."
"I love sports. Whenever I can I watch the Detroit Tigers on radio."

---and my all-time favorite quote from him:

"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been."

Now WHO can argue with that, I ask you???

Old July 16th 05, 12:40 PM
Adrian

Hans Schrøder wrote:
"Debra" wrote in message
[...]

Every Great Dane I've met, does exactly that.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 16th 05, 03:12 PM

wrote:

I know how you feel, Debra. My kitty Simon is not exactly the Einstein
of cats either. He's also the world's biggest "fraidy cat" too; I
honestly think he would run in terror from a mouse if he ever saw one.
But it just makes you love them all the more, the slow and timid ones,
because they need us so much more.

Bill says he sometimes sees a sign in Trouble's eyes. A "Vacancy"
sign. When she's being really stupid the other two cats just look at
her as if to say, "How did you get off the mothership without getting
a brain first?"

Have you ever noticed that cats are either very bright, or dumb as a
box of rocks? There is just no such thing as a cat with average
intelligence.

Debra in VA

Frank isn't very smart, not in the ways the others are. He is eight
years old now and still can't open the bathroom door. He crooks his paw
in, and pulls toward himself, like it was the cabinet doors. Never has
figured it out.

Sherry

Old July 17th 05, 04:12 PM
Debra

On 16 Jul 2005 02:24:21 -0700, "LazyRaptor"
wrote:

Debra, you may have a point there. Interestingly enough, Simon's
half-sister Hershey was the smartest, shrewdest cat I've ever
seen---and yet her half-brother Simon is like the Gerald Ford* of cats.
Bill's remark about Trouble having a "Vacancy" sign in her eyes is
pretty funny; have you ever noticed how men always seem to take great
glee in making fun of cats or pets in general? I used to tease my
mother about her cat, calling her "fur turd" and so on. All in a spirit
of fun of course, but it does seem like this is something men are prone
to do, much more so than women, don't you think?

The Gerald Ford of cats! Ha! All I can see in my head now is Ford
and a cat tripping as they exit an airplane! Does this mean Simon
can't "chew gum and walk at the same time"? Seriously though, you
should see Trouble when she is sitting around and obviously not
thinking about anything at all. You really can tell by looking at her
eyes that there literally isn't a thought in her little head. You can
even watch her eyes change when she does get a thought. It's almost
like watching a light bulb turn on in her head. Unfortunately I have
never been able to get a picture of that "vacancy sign" look she gets
and I might never be able to. She is getting that look less often and
generally becoming more cat-like than kittenish. It's about time too.
She is about 4 years old. To say her mental development has been slow
is an understatement.

My experiences taught me long ago that if a man doesn't make fun of
you he doesn't like you at all. The guys just don't seem to want to
waste those "all in fun" zingers on someone they don't like. You
should see how construction guys, mechanics, and other tradesmen that
are friends act around each other at work. One line zingers and
practical jokes run rampant whenever those guys think no one is
watching them.

Debra in VA