Roxy seems under the weather - UPDATE

Old April 27th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Roxy seems under the weather - UPDATE

Well, I took her to the vet this morning, and the vet found absolutely
nothing wrong with her. She didn't even recommend bloodwork. If I'd
really wanted Roxy to have bloodwork, I might have insisted, but last
night, she seemed to perk up, including begging for food, and by this
morning she seemed completely normal. I was tempted to cancel the
appointment - save Roxy the stress and me the cash - but I figured,
what if this is just a lull, and it gets worse, and I could have
prevented that? So off we went.

I could tell the vet thought I was just a nervous cat mom, which I
suppose I am. I'm enough of a hypochondriac about my own health, so
I'm not surprised that I'm projecting that onto the cats. I feel
a little silly about it, but better this than not taking her and
having her get seriously ill.

Do you folks think I was silly to take her?

Joyce - relieved

--
I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old April 27th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am very glad that it was nothing... but silly NONONONO!!!

everyone including the teds tell us the number one sign of a cat being ill
is a change in regular behavior so you were doing the right thing...

or as i say... better paranoid than poked.

Old April 27th 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 27, 3:00*pm, wrote:
[...]

No, it's never silly. Back when Yoda had HL, he was very, very sick
before I
even realized it. They never all eat at the same time, so unless I'm
specifically
watching, I don't realize who isn't eating well. His normal daytime MO
was
to go off in the bedrooms and sleep. He wasn't active, normally, so I
didn't
notice he was feeling bad. The first clue wasn't until I noticed his
fur was
looking rough, like he wasn't grooming.
The signs of illness are just so subtle. It's easy to overlook. She
could well
have been sick. Glad she wasn't

Sherry
Old April 28th 10, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
[...]

It's never silly to take them if we're worried about them. I'm glad she
just seemed to have a stomach upset that went away. I have those myself.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 28th 10, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
[...]

Your signature says that it was worthwhile to take her.

Jo

Old April 28th 10, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

wrote in message

Do you folks think I was silly to take her?

Joyce - relieved

Your signature says that it was worthwhile to take her.

LOL, good point.

Joyce

--
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old April 28th 10, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the well-wishes for Roxy!

Joyce

Old April 28th 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I think you were totally right to take her..better safe than sorry.
Glad she's okay.
Love
Kyla