And finally, here's something those of us owned by cats already knew:

Old November 16th 05, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default And finally, here's something those of us owned by cats already knew:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Lowly Cardboard Box Gets Toy Hall Of Fame Spot

Oh, yeah, I can believe that. Don't you remember how cool it was when
your parents got a new refrigerator or washer, and you got that neat
huge box to play with, until it got rained on, or your dad got sick of
it blowing around in the yard?

Sherry

You betcha! Or until dad decided the trash pickup *really* needed to take
away your neat new playhouse/fort! I also remember when I was about 7 or
so
sometimes seeing those boxes by other peoples' curbs and thinking "oooh!"
and secretly coveting said big box! ;-o

Jill

I never had the pleasure of a big cardboard box! I was brought up mainly by
my grandparents. They did have a cooker (from the year dot..) but no
fridge. Nan had a pantry which had a cold marble slab in to put milk etc on
to keep cool. Neither did she have a washing machine. She had an aluminium
ribbed tub with a belly, called a dolly tub, and she used to put the washing
in there every Monday with hot water boiled on the cooker and some sort of
soap. My grandfather made her a device so she could turn the washing in the
tub. He was a carpenter, so it was wooden. It had a long handle with a T
bar at the top and down near the bottom was a round piece about a foot in
diameter with several wooden "legs" on. What my grandmother had to do was
rotate this vigorously backwards and forwards and also push it up and down.
It worked well, definitely made the washing clean ;-) This thing was called
the "dolly." She also had a thing she called a "dolly peg" It was used to
turn the clothes while they were in the tub. This was also something that
my grandfather had made, it was a stick made of some sort of nice wood,
beech perhaps, tapering at both ends. It was used so much it got slimey.
I remember it well, although I was a small child at the time. I remember
that slimey dolly peg and how I was afraid to touch it at the age of 3 or 4.
I can picture it now.

I hope you all don't mind me sharing these memories, it's very OT.

Tweed

Old November 16th 05, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I remember stuff like that at my grandparents house in Kentucky will I was
growing up