Where is Everyone? Roll Call.

Old November 29th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine[_2_]

Default Where is Everyone? Roll Call.

On 28 Nov 2010 03:35:06 GMT, Cheryl wrote:

On Fri 26 Nov 2010 09:37:45p, CATherine wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:

I have been lurking for a few years now, after worsening health
problems. I first started Feb. 00, I think. Since then, my three
elderly cats and dog have passed on. The last one was this
summer. But in 04 I had gotten a young cat. He is very sociable,
and was so lonely and grieving after the old ones were all gone.
He would pace the house calling. It just broke my heart; so i
gave in and got him a companion. A young tuxie, named Westie,
who thinks he is a cheetah half the time! He has exercised
Robin's flabby belly off. They have wonderful times together.

Good to see you! I hope you can be well. Congacats on getting
Westie. Rhett and Scarlett, my two kittens from 2004 are 6 now, and
Shamrock is I think about 9, and Bonnie, who knows, but I gave her a
birthday of 1/25/2003, the day of my son's death.

Oh, they grow so fast! Westie is already growing since I got him in
mid-July. But his feet are still too big for him. Another year of
growth might see him larger than Robin.

I am afraid my health is chronic. But I have good medical care. It
could be better if I would obey medical orders better. But I prefer to
strike a balance between physical health and emotional health. I don't
believe in living frustrated about all the things I can't have or do.
One bite of chocolate is better than no chocolate, for instance.

--
CATherine
Old November 29th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Adorable! He sounds like my kind of cat (of course, being an ailurophile,
any cat is my type of cat! ;)!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"CATherine" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:09:07 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

That's *great*!!! It has to be one of the best integration I've heard of.
I'm *SO* glad that Robin has a new sisfur.

Bro-fur, actually. He turns out to be one of those alpha personalities
that expect everyone to be as friendly as he is; and Robin sure is.
Westie can play rough one minute; and the next put his paws on my lap
and give me such a sweet, innocent look. He loves to be held in my
arms, like Robin (no lap for either one). And then he will rub my face
with his and give me kisses and delicate love bites, usually on the
tip of my nose where I get the full impact of his kitty breath! After
a bit of that, he is down playing his favorite games of Chase, ambush,
and wrestling.

--
CATherine

Old November 29th 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

When we brought Sammy home she was small enough to fit nicely in the palm of
my hand. But her paws were about the size of a dollar coin, so I knew we
were in trouble. These are from when she was only a few months old (keep in
mind that these are "normal" sized cat bed and toy tunnel):

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip..._1964Large.jpg (her
bed)

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...8/100_0121.jpg (her toy
tunnel)

This one is her next to Jessie who is an average-sized cat at 7.5 pounds:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...7/100_0086.jpg (squirrel
watching)

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...e/DCP_1926.jpg (she and
Jessie being held by me so that Jessie would stop beating up on her "little"
sis-fur - you can see how effective that was!)

Just like puppies, they "grow into their paws"! ;

On a serious note, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. I know
how hard that is to live with every second of the day, 24/7/52. I wish
there were something we could do to help, I just hope you can take some
comfort in the fact that you have so many people, furred and not, who care
and send purrs and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything more
tangible we can do, and please don't hesitate to ask.

Old December 1st 10, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:24:24 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

Oh, I remember Sammy. I love all those stories of her as a kitten
"helping". LOL! Now she looks like she is very well fed. Maybe she
needs Westie to exercise her! ; I had a really good belly laugh at
you holding Sammy and Jessie. Those facial expressions are just
priceless!

I would like to know something. How in the world do you keep that
frilly white curtain from being shredded by cats?

Thanks for all the health purrs. In these austere times, I am blessed
to have good insurance and prescription plan. And the local small-town
clinic I go to takes very good care of me. I read about your recent
battles with your ins. B*st*rds!!

--
CATherine

[Felinitations] Roll Call Yowie Cat anecdotes 2 September 19th 09 10:13 PM
Roll-a-cat Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 3 November 9th 08 02:17 PM
Kitty Roll Call for a possible book Tanada Cat anecdotes 18 May 24th 06 01:58 PM
Kitty Roll Call for a possible book [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 06 09:49 PM
Morning Roll Call JHBennett Cat anecdotes 1 October 1st 03 03:46 AM