Boyfie & his dry food (gross warning)

Old November 27th 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie & his dry food (gross warning)

The boy loves his dry food, but I feed him gooshie with a tablespoon of dry
now and again separately when he insists.

I'd just run out of a box yesterday when he insisted on some dry. There was
another box of a different flavour in the cupboard (I thought it was full, I
always have a box in) but it was open.
As he wasn't going to forget about his desperation I gave him some.
Two hours later he threw it up. I collected it in a paper towel and put it
in the kitchen bin to go outside next day.
Meanwhile it snowed so it had to wait.

When I did not respond to his "I ate three hours ago call and I want more
now" and was out for an hour I found he'd raided the bin and was eating his
own sicked up food. It was too late to stop him it was almost gone.
Needless to say two hours later it was up again.
I now remember why the box was still open. It had duck in and it made him
throw up. I'd forgotten to dispose of it.
Tweed

Old November 27th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

its always amazing to me that some cats must have only duck, and others can
in no way tolerate it, same for other things, I hope he is ok now? Lee

Old November 27th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Not sure yet. It might be his love of my Francis Duck which he wandered
around with, they were friends..
"Hey, Francis, I can't eat a duck in a dry food..

Tweed

Old November 27th 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 27, 3:57*pm, "Storrmmee" wrote:
its always amazing to me that some cats must have only duck, and others can
in no way tolerate it, same for other things, * I hope he is ok now? *Lee

Rusty (RB) had prescription cat food with duck in it. The vet thought
he had an
intolerance to his old cat food and needed to be on a "novel protein"
source.
Rusty did quite well on the duck food until the very end.

I recall Rusty went at his own vomit once or twice back when he was
still
relatively healthy. Didn't threw up a second time.. But it grossed me
out.

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

Old November 28th 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:15:55 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Lucky used to do that.

I had to give her half of her food, and then wait 10 or 15 minutes, and
give her the rest, or she would hoover up her food, and barf it up 15
minutes later.

Often, all I would find was a stain, until I figured out what was going
on, and figured out to split her meals in half.

One of the good things about owning an old house filled with used
furniture, and ancient carpeting: accidents like this just don't matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 28th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Gandalf, how is Lorelei doing? Is she starting to warm up to you yet (is
she still hasn't, don't worry she will, it's still early days yet.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 28th 10, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 27/11/2010 22:15, Christina Websell wrote:
snip
When I did not respond to his "I ate three hours ago call and I want more
now" and was out for an hour I found he'd raided the bin and was eating his
own sicked up food. It was too late to stop him it was almost gone.
Needless to say two hours later it was up again.

If Miranda eats too muc too quickly, she will usually bring it up again.
Caliban loves that. It's almost impossible to keep him away from what
she's brought up. He's right there, under her nose while she retches,
eagerly awaiting the 'bounty.' I have to shut him in the bathroom while
I clean it up.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old November 29th 10, 11:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Nov 28, 12:41*am, Marina wrote:
On 27/11/2010 22:15, Christina Websell wrote:
snip

When I did not respond to his *"I ate three hours ago call and I want more
now" *and was out for an hour I found he'd raided the bin and was eating his
own sicked up food. *It was too late to stop him it was almost gone.
Needless to say two hours later it was up again.

If Miranda eats too muc too quickly, she will usually bring it up again.
Caliban loves that. It's almost impossible to keep him away from what
she's brought up. He's right there, under her nose while she retches,
eagerly awaiting the 'bounty.' I have to shut him in the bathroom while
I clean it up.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

My sister's cats used to eat so fast that they threw up. I learned
something on this list that I told her about, and it worked very well
- put little balls in the food so they have to eat around them. She
got some cheap dollar-store colorful balls, too big for them to eat,
but big enough to obstruct their hoovering, and it worked like a
charm. They slowed down, and the vomiting stopped.

I believe the person who taught us this trick learned it from putting
large rocks into a horse's feed, to make the horse slow down.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita, who is unimpressed with
turkey.
Old November 29th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 29/11/2010 13:20, Jane wrote:
My sister's cats used to eat so fast that they threw up. I learned
something on this list that I told her about, and it worked very well
- put little balls in the food so they have to eat around them. She
got some cheap dollar-store colorful balls, too big for them to eat,
but big enough to obstruct their hoovering, and it worked like a
charm. They slowed down, and the vomiting stopped.

Oh, Miranda never hoovers her food. Mostly she eats one piece every now
and then - with 5-30 minutes' intervals. But if she goes and eats, say,
five pieces of meat in succession, without a pause in between, she may
bring them right back up. I'm not going to make her eating any more
difficult or slower than it already is.