Happy Burns Night!

Old January 26th 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

Default Happy Burns Night!

On Jan 26, 2:57*pm, "Storrmmee" wrote:
da soft heared onna radobox dat sum usa hoominz wented to yourown homeland
anna iz gonna eat dat stuffz anna mayhapz 'low it inna usa agin, OEJ"rafflescat" wrote in message

Meomie anna Paw, wen dey ate meat, used to eat haggis every Tewsday, cos dat wus da day thu bootcher made it. Den dey got tu tokkin tu thu bootcher abowt dat gud food. Da bootcher said it wus awl da "bits" dey coodnt uffurwise sell, sheep lungs, hearts n rest of dat kinda fing...dey dont eet meet or haggis now.....Wunner whi.....

Harry

Old January 26th 11, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On Jan 26, 3:57*pm, Harri Roadcat wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:57:06 -0600, Storrmmee wrote:
da soft heared onna radobox dat sum usa hoominz wented to yourown
homeland anna iz gonna eat dat stuffz anna mayhapz 'low it inna usa
agin, OEJ

Dere is a store in norfurn Illinoiz (Celtic Hearth and Home, in Richmond)
dat sells frozsen haggis. Mine hoomins haf nefer tried it, but mine Paw
might try some da nextest time dey go by dere.

Harri

I suppose when the Scots had very little to eat they couldn't turn
their noses up at much. However I would have to be starving to death
before I could eat haggis again. Just my personal feelings I hasten to
add! It is eaten and enjoyed by a lot of my countrymen.

Harry's Mum.
Old January 26th 11, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On Jan 26, 6:33*pm, "Sundance" wrote:
Owrown meowmie likez dat haggis stufz, but she growed up wif hoominz hoo
eeted scrapple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

Sundance

"Harri Roadcat" wrote in message

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:57:06 -0600, Storrmmee wrote:

da soft heared onna radobox dat sum usa hoominz wented to yourown
homeland anna iz gonna eat dat stuffz anna mayhapz 'low it inna usa
agin, OEJ

Dere is a store in norfurn Illinoiz (Celtic Hearth and Home, in Richmond)
dat sells frozsen haggis. Mine hoomins haf nefer tried it, but mine Paw
might try some da nextest time dey go by dere.

Harri

They sound very similar except for the type of meat. Haggis is mainly
mutton based, I think?
Old January 26th 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Jan 25, 5:24*pm, rafflescat
wrote:
Hope you are all giving your kitties some haggis and yourselves some
of the water of life to celebrate my national bard Robert Burns'
birthday. He was very fond of all animals and wrote beautiful poetry
about them. I'm very proud of him!

Cheers,
Bess x

An Wobburt Burnz unnerstood wy usses twyz tew excape into da Out atted
effury oppurrrtoonidy.
Admiring Nature in her wildest grace,
These northern scenes with weary feet I trace;
O'er many a winding dale and painful steep,
Th' abodes of covey'd grouse and timid sheep,
My savage journey, curious, I pursue,
Till fam'd Breadalbane opens to my view. -
The meeting cliffs each deep-sunk glen divides,
The woods wild scatter'd, clothe their ample sides;
Th' outstretching lake, imbosomed 'mong the hills,
The eye with wonder and amazement fills;
The Tay meand'ring sweet in infant pride,
The palace rising on his verdant side,
The lawns wood-fring'd in Nature's native taste,
The hillocks dropt in Nature's careless haste,
The arches striding o'er the new-born stream,
The village glittering in the noontide beam-

Wotza snaykes an mousiez to be chaysed mefinks.
Eggzyting. MeOwy

Old January 26th 11, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl[_5_]

anna iz gonna eat dat stuffz anna mayhapz 'low it inna usa agin, OEJ"rafflescat"thecurtainmak...@talktalkbusiness. net wrote in message

Meomie anna Paw, wen dey ate meat, used to eat haggis every Tewsday, cos dat wus da day thu bootcher made it. Den dey got tu tokkin tu thu bootcher abowt dat gud food. Da bootcher said it wus awl da "bits" dey coodnt uffurwise sell, sheep lungs, hearts n rest of dat kinda fing...dey dont eet meet or haggis now.....Wunner whi.....

Harry

Lotsa stuff tastes furry gud if yu duznt no wat iz innit. Luk at catfud.

Sumwun heer makes haggis fur thu Burns Dinner, butted Meomie haz neffur
gone tu thu Burns dinner an haz neffur tried it. She useta eet white
puddin an blak puddin (aka blud puddin) butted now she has othur fatty
fings she purfurs. It iznt eggzakly helf fuds, it iz more thu kinda fing
yu eets wen yu iz a pesant wurking hard alla day an needin all thu
kalories yu kin git.

--
Sam
Old January 26th 11, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On Jan 26, 7:46*pm, MeOwy wrote:
On Jan 25, 5:24*pm, rafflescat
wrote:

[...]

Ohhhhhh! Wees impurressed! He certainly had a way with words....and
women, if all rumours are true! As my Great Granny would have said "
If your name is Rabbie Burns, then I maun lay doon ma basket"
Naughty!!
Meomies faforite is To a Mouse. N she wus heerin dare is a new poem
dat has just been fownded that wus written to a
wounded hare being hunted dat Burns came acwoss, but she hassnt seen
it yet...fink it will be sadsad.

Harry
Old January 26th 11, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On 2011-01-26 3:54 PM, rafflescat wrote:

On Jan 26, 2:57 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Meomie n Paw still hav wite puddin n eggz onna Sunnyday morning wiff
dare papers. We dussnt wike it. Den Meomie wunners why she is
fa.....fwuffy!

Harry
Old January 27th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:33:03 -0800, Sundance's
nimble, little paws typed:

Owrown meowmie likez dat haggis stufz, but she growed up wif hoominz hoo
eeted scrapple.

[Eyes open very wide]

Oh my towz!I finks I needz a dubble Manhattan!
Wherez da neerest nip-cocktail lounge?
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

1/26/2011 6:58:23 PM
Old January 27th 11, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2011-01-26 5:23 PM, rafflescat wrote:

Meomie n Paw still hav wite puddin n eggz onna Sunnyday morning wiff
dare papers. We dussnt wike it. Den Meomie wunners why she is
fa.....fwuffy!

Harry

Meomie duznt eet meny sweets, altho sumhoomins fink she duz cuz uf da
fluffiness. Butted theer iz othur fings then sweets wat makes yu fluffy.
fried stuff anna sassiges an fings lyke that iz rilly gud fur makin
hoomins fluffy.

--
Sam
Old January 27th 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2011-01-26 5:19 PM, rafflescat wrote:

Ohhhhhh! Wees impurressed! He certainly had a way with words....and
women, if all rumours are true! As my Great Granny would have said "
If your name is Rabbie Burns, then I maun lay doon ma basket"
Naughty!!
Meomies faforite is To a Mouse. N she wus heerin dare is a new poem
dat has just been fownded that wus written to a
wounded hare being hunted dat Burns came acwoss, but she hassnt seen
it yet...fink it will be sadsad.

Harry

Meomie alwayz kinda lyked thu wun bout a louse.

--
Sam