Feeding questions

Old November 5th 03, 04:35 PM
GAUBSTER2

Karen, you're wrong. Haven't you been reading the all life stage food
posts?
Any food whose AAFCO label states that it is for "all life stages" IS a

kitten
food. "All life stage" foods have to contain nutrient levels appropriate

for
kittens, not adult or senior animals.

G, please keep your insane need to argue away from this posting. This
person wants help. I think this person is smart enough to take what is
written and go look into appropriate foods for her cats.

But if you are providing WRONG information, I would hope that the OP would want
to know that. Keep your wrong information to yourself and no one will have to
correct you.

Old November 5th 03, 04:43 PM
GAUBSTER2

Dear Chris.

You are wrong.

Very, very wrong. And it's getting on my nerves. No emoticons here.

In fact, post proof or retract your statement that ""All life stage"
foods have to contain nutrient levels appropriate for kittens, not adult
or senior animals."

What's getting on my nerves is that this is SO easy to understand. ANY food
that is labelled "all life stages" (according to the AAFCO statement) has
passed the minimum requirements to sustain the most demanding stage of
life--the growth (kitten) stage. An "all life stage" food may contain levels
of nutrients that are more appropriate for a kitten and not appropriate
(excesses of nutrients) for an adult or senior cat (which may require lower
levels of certain nutrients, not higher). That's just the way it is. It
shouldn't be hard to understand. Kittens REQUIRE (for proper nutrition) higher
levels of fat, protein, phosphorus, calcium, etc. Adult and senior cats do not
require the same levels of those nutrients as they did when they were kittens.
Don't trick people into thinking that feeding an "all life stage" food to an
older cat is okay. It may NOT be. That's all I'm saying. For anyone to come
on here (especially after reading all of the info that has been posted about
all life stage foods) and then ADVOCATE feeding this type of product is not
being responsible. Will feeding an "all life stage" food guarantee problems?
Of course not. Are you avoiding risk factors by feeding this type of food?
No.

Old November 5th 03, 06:22 PM
PawsForThought

From: (GAUBSTER2)

[...]

Wrong. Now go get the proof that Alison asked for or shut up.
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

Feeding time! Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 4 October 15th 03 12:09 AM
Looking for a vet... What questions should I ask? Al Kondo Cat health & behaviour 12 October 10th 03 07:59 PM
Tube feeding for liver disease?? Bill from Tampa Cat health & behaviour 10 August 20th 03 12:25 AM