I'm so ****ed!

Old June 14th 04, 01:58 PM
RobZip

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
s.com...
I had to go away for the weekend and I asked the neighbor's much
revered 14-year old son to feed Kami. Everyone talks about what a good
kid he is and so responsible. Blah, blah....

Blah, blah is about the size of it. I seriously grieve for the future of
this country. The average 14 year old would probably have given you a much
worse experience than what you had. You're fortunate not to find your home
ransacked, partied in, and generally trashed.

I talk with a lot of the kids in my neighborhood. These kids are from good
families, middle class and upper middle class. There is no shortage of
resources, intellectual of financial in their upbringing. Yet the resulting
teenager today is the most ignorant, vapid, clueless, self-centered lump of
**** you could imagine. None of them can read beyond what would be politely
considered impaired intellect, so forget written instructions meaning much.
They have no intuition whatsoever. Anything outside their normal routine is
beyond their ability to deal with. If not presented with an absolute
concrete example that can be held in the hand and examined, they have not
the imagination to reason anything out to a logical and correct conclusion.
It's no surprise that the daily care of a simple mammal is beyond their
ability to do correctly.

Old June 14th 04, 03:04 PM
Sherry

My catsitter instructions are six pages long. G

LOL! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that leaves a book

Lauren

Petsitters. I've got too give this example about why it's important to hire
a "cat person" to tend to your cat. My daughter had a friend drop in and feed
her cats for a weekend; it was someone not particularly a pet person. She got
home to find her neighbor's cat in the house, and Tommy nowhere to be found.
Obviously, Tommy had run out the door, the petsitter had gone looking for him,
captured the neighbor's identical Tabby, and put him back inside.
Tommy had a wild weekend, but thankfully he was no worse for the experience.
Sherry

Old June 14th 04, 05:35 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:58:49 GMT, "RobZip"
wrote:

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
ws.com...
[...]

If you had the power to correct this, how would you do it? MLB

Old June 14th 04, 06:22 PM

Laura R. wrote:

circa Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:58:49 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
RobZip ) said,
I talk with a lot of the kids in my neighborhood. These kids are from good
families, middle class and upper middle class. There is no shortage of
resources, intellectual of financial in their upbringing. Yet the resulting
teenager today is the most ignorant, vapid, clueless, self-centered lump of
**** you could imagine. None of them can read beyond what would be politely
considered impaired intellect, so forget written instructions meaning much.
They have no intuition whatsoever. Anything outside their normal routine is
beyond their ability to deal with. If not presented with an absolute
concrete example that can be held in the hand and examined, they have not
the imagination to reason anything out to a logical and correct conclusion.
It's no surprise that the daily care of a simple mammal is beyond their
ability to do correctly.

This is why I do not reproduce.

Laura

Laura, who is Hilary Israel?

-mhd

I'm pissed John Biltz Cat anecdotes 16 February 3rd 04 12:56 AM
one pissed off cat Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 15 September 16th 03 12:07 PM