Poor Conan

Old June 16th 05, 05:28 AM
Candace

Default Poor Conan

I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Candace

Old June 16th 05, 05:40 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Saddest thing that has ever happened here. I feel sick.

Old June 16th 05, 05:46 AM

Mary wrote:
"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Saddest thing that has ever happened here. I feel sick.

It *is* sad. It's watching a cat get killed and not being able to do
anything about it. I don't understand the bull**** innuendos about
Conan having "more than a URI" or something. The poor cat probably just
had herpes or something that was triggered active by all the stress.
I hate people sometimes.

Sherry

Old June 16th 05, 06:30 AM
Noon Cat Nick

Candace wrote:

I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills
and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes
to this place...

But some of them here by the Bridge are different. They were beaten,
starved, tortured, and unloved. They watch wistfully as their friends
leave one by one, to cross the Bridge with their special person. But for
them there is no special one. Their time on Earth did not give them one.

But one day, as they run and play, they notice someone standing by the
road to the Bridge. They see a person wistfully watching the reunions of
friends, for during life, this person had no pet. This person, too, was unloved.

Standing there alone, one of the unloved pets approaches, curious as to
why this person is also alone. And as the unloved pet and the unloved
person get nearer to each other, a miracle occurs, for these are the
ones who were meant to be together; the special person and the beloved
pet who never had the chance to meet while on Earth. Finally, now, at
the edge of the Rainbow Bridge, they meet, their pain and sorrow
disappear, and two friends come together.

They cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

* * * * * * * * *

The little dog arrived at the Rainbow Bridge, and a pack of dogs rushed
up to greet him. He braced himself, expecting a fight, but this was the
first pack that wagged their tails and kissed him instead of attacking him.

It was beautiful here, and everyone was nice to him. None of them had
been born in a puppy mill, like he had, and used for dog-bait fighting
and left to die in a shelter because he was a mix-breed battle-scarred
cur and wasn't cute. They explained why they were waiting...for their
humans who loved them.

"What is love?" he asked, and God let him go back to earth, and find out.

Warm, and dark, he squeezed in with the others and waited for the day to
be born. Scared, he held back as long as he could, but finally got
dragged out, by his hind feet. Hands without fur held him gently and
rubbed him dry and opened his mouth and guided him to a warm nipple with
milk He didn't get a good hold on it, because one of his big fat
brothers pushed him aside. The human hand moved the other puppy to
another nipple and held his body, so he could drink.

"Ahhh, that's better," he thought, and drank until his jaws got tired
and he curled up to sleep next to his warm hairy mother. "I remember
this," he mused..."Too bad I'll have
to grow up to be hit, left out in the cold and rain, and used for
dog-bait fighting, and die as an unclaimed rescue dog. I remember what
it's like, being a dog." he thought sadly.

That night, he crawled up to his mother and tried to nurse, but he kept
getting pushed off to the side. When they were full, the big brothers
and sisters got their bottoms cleaned and he finally latched on to a
nipple, but the human hands weren't there to hold him up, and there
wasn't any milk in any of the nipples, anyway. He was weak and so tiny.
It was even hard to stay upright, and he fell over on his back and
couldn't right himself.

So he began to cry, and suddenly the human hands were there, holding him
up and puting a rubber thing in his mouth. It didn't taste or feel like
mother, but it was warm and made
the ache in his tummy go away.

He was having trouble breathing...His lungs weren't fully developed,
because he had waited too long to join the others in the womb, as he
took one last romp at the Rainbow Bridge. He could feel the heartbeat of
the human, who had laid him on her chest and covered him with a soft
cloth, keeping him warm, and soothing his boney body with gentle
circling touches.

He kept thinking of his new friends who had been so nice to him at the
Bridge and asked God if he could go back. God said "Yes, but not just
yet. You wanted to experience Love."

So for several hours (seemed like days but it was dark and he couldn't
tell what time it was), the human supplemented his feeding and let him
experience the warmth of his mother's body and tongue, and the pile of
warm soft littermates. He got weaker, and the human held him more often,
leaving the littermates to sleep in a pile while he got carressed,
kissed, and got to listen to the heartbeat which was strong and loving.

Finally God came back and asked, "Are you ready to come back to the
Rainbow Bridge? "Yes," he responded, with a little sorrow, because the
human didn't want to let him go, and was crying.

He pushed the air out of his lungs and floated back to the Rainbow
Bridge and looked back at the human, who was still crying and holding
the limp body that he had borrowed for his trip.

"Thank you, God," he said. "Love is beautiful, and I will wait near the
Bridge and let the human know, when she arrives, that I loved her, too."
--Joy LaCaille
Old June 16th 05, 06:37 AM
Mary

"Noon Cat Nick" wrote in message
Candace wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Nick. It is really hard to think about Conan.

Old June 16th 05, 06:44 AM
Candace

Noon Cat Nick wrote:

Standing there alone, one of the unloved pets approaches, curious as to
why this person is also alone. And as the unloved pet and the unloved
person get nearer to each other, a miracle occurs, for these are the
ones who were meant to be together; the special person and the beloved
pet who never had the chance to meet while on Earth. Finally, now, at
the edge of the Rainbow Bridge, they meet, their pain and sorrow
disappear, and two friends come together.

They cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

I never heard either one of those. Waaaaah, now I'm sobbing. Life
just plain sucks for most animals and they're so much better and purer
than we are. I really hope the Rainbow Bridge or something very
similar exists; otherwise, what's the point?

Candace

Old June 16th 05, 06:46 AM
Phil P.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
I feel certain that Conan's return to a high-kill shelter has probably
resulted in his death already. Let's all hope that there is something
like the Rainbow Bridge or that cats have an afterlife, too, so that
Conan finally feels love and happiness now after an earthly life of
being dumped and put in shelters repeatedly. It's such a sad, sad
story.

Saddest thing that has ever happened here. I feel sick.

It *is* sad. It's watching a cat get killed and not being able to do
anything about it. I don't understand the bull**** innuendos about
Conan having "more than a URI" or something. The poor cat probably just
had herpes or something that was triggered active by all the stress.
I hate people sometimes.

He obviously has no tolerance, respect or compassion for cats- especially
sick cats. So, I think treatment failed because his lack of compassion and
gentleness probably added to the cat's stress and exacerbated the disease.

Phil

Old June 16th 05, 07:38 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
Noon Cat Nick wrote:

Standing there alone, one of the unloved pets approaches, curious as to
why this person is also alone. And as the unloved pet and the unloved
person get nearer to each other, a miracle occurs, for these are the
ones who were meant to be together; the special person and the beloved
pet who never had the chance to meet while on Earth. Finally, now, at
the edge of the Rainbow Bridge, they meet, their pain and sorrow
disappear, and two friends come together.

They cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

I never heard either one of those. Waaaaah, now I'm sobbing. Life
just plain sucks for most animals and they're so much better and purer
than we are. I really hope the Rainbow Bridge or something very
similar exists; otherwise, what's the point?

I can't sleep thinking about beautiful Conan, his red nose
and russet stripes. I would take him if I could.

Old June 16th 05, 07:42 AM
kitkatluna

Mary wrote:
"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...

Noon Cat Nick wrote:

[...]

I cant sleep either. Cant say it has to do with Conan, but at any rate.
Since I have no thryoid and am not currently on thryoid meds, my body is
just f*ed up big time. My sleep patterns are all weird. On top if it
all, i have walking pneumonia and tonsilitis. Im a real ball of fun! The
flurry of posts was fun...where'd everyone go?