Hungry, hungry

Old November 14th 05, 01:05 AM
Christina Websell

Default Hungry, hungry

Boyfriend has seemed hungry today, and he has already eaten three pouches of
wet food, so when he asked me for more a while ago I decided to give him
some dry kibble.
He has a dish for his wet food and one for his dry, in a different part of
the kitchen.
I got a new box of dry from the porch (we were out of it in the house) and
when he saw me with the box, he moved from his wet food bowl where he was
begging to his dry food one.
I find that a bit scary. How did he know that the box meant kibble and he
had a special bowl to eat it in which he moved to? Wow!

Tweed

Old November 14th 05, 01:09 AM
No More Retail

They know They always know

Old November 14th 05, 01:24 AM
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfriend has seemed hungry today, and he has already eaten three pouches
of wet food, so when he asked me for more a while ago I decided to give
him some dry kibble.
He has a dish for his wet food and one for his dry, in a different part of
the kitchen.
I got a new box of dry from the porch (we were out of it in the house) and
when he saw me with the box, he moved from his wet food bowl where he was
begging to his dry food one.
I find that a bit scary. How did he know that the box meant kibble and he
had a special bowl to eat it in which he moved to? Wow!

Tweed

He is a smart little guy, or else one that can read your mind.

We had a poodle that was so dumb, we were afraid to move her food and water
for fear she would starve or die of thirst.

Jo

Old November 14th 05, 02:14 AM
Christina Websell

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfriend has seemed hungry today, and he has already eaten three pouches
of wet food, so when he asked me for more a while ago I decided to give
him some dry kibble.
He has a dish for his wet food and one for his dry, in a different part
of the kitchen.
I got a new box of dry from the porch (we were out of it in the house)
and when he saw me with the box, he moved from his wet food bowl where he
was begging to his dry food one.
I find that a bit scary. How did he know that the box meant kibble and
he had a special bowl to eat it in which he moved to? Wow!

Tweed

He is a smart little guy, or else one that can read your mind.

He surprises me often with with his insight and intelligence. I really
don't know what to make of him, he isn't like any cat I've ever known.

We had a poodle that was so dumb, we were afraid to move her food and
water for fear she would starve or die of thirst.

Now that does surprise me. I had a job when I was a teenager, helping in a
poodle parlour, shampooing and grooming. All sizes, toy, miniature and
standard. They were all smart intelligent dogs. It gave me a new respect
for poodles.
Maybe your one had some sort of mental disability.
I have a friend who took her miniature poodle to the heights in obedience
competitions.

Tweed

Old November 14th 05, 03:01 AM
Jo Firey

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

[...]

We had others that were brilliant. I really think the first one was
deprived of oxygen at birth or something of that nature. She was the
sweetest dog ever but dumb as a post. A shame too as her coat and
conformation were perfect. But a champion has a spark, and trust me she had
no spark whatsoever.

Jo

Old November 14th 05, 04:56 AM
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfriend has seemed hungry today, and he has already eaten three pouches of
wet food, so when he asked me for more a while ago I decided to give him
some dry kibble.
He has a dish for his wet food and one for his dry, in a different part of
the kitchen.
I got a new box of dry from the porch (we were out of it in the house) and
when he saw me with the box, he moved from his wet food bowl where he was
begging to his dry food one.
I find that a bit scary. How did he know that the box meant kibble and he
had a special bowl to eat it in which he moved to? Wow!

Oh yes, the boys here know where the wet food and where the dry food go.
Miranda doesn't eat either, but she knows where her bowl goes. In
between her eating, I have to lift it up out of the boys' way so they
don't eat her food. When she wants to eat a little, she sits down where
her bowl goes and just looks at me expectantly.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 14th 05, 09:44 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfriend has seemed hungry today, and he has already eaten three pouches of
wet food, so when he asked me for more a while ago I decided to give him
some dry kibble.
He has a dish for his wet food and one for his dry, in a different part of
the kitchen.
I got a new box of dry from the porch (we were out of it in the house) and
when he saw me with the box, he moved from his wet food bowl where he was
begging to his dry food one.
I find that a bit scary. How did he know that the box meant kibble and he
had a special bowl to eat it in which he moved to? Wow!

As someone remarked, when discussing the difficulty of
training cats to do tricks. "Cats are VERY intelligent at
being cats - they just don't have the same priorities dogs do."

Tweed

Old November 14th 05, 11:20 PM
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfriend has seemed hungry today, and he has already eaten three pouches
of wet food, so when he asked me for more a while ago I decided to give
him some dry kibble.
He has a dish for his wet food and one for his dry, in a different part
of the kitchen.
I got a new box of dry from the porch (we were out of it in the house)
and when he saw me with the box, he moved from his wet food bowl where he
was begging to his dry food one.
I find that a bit scary. How did he know that the box meant kibble and
he had a special bowl to eat it in which he moved to? Wow!

As someone remarked, when discussing the difficulty of training cats to do
tricks. "Cats are VERY intelligent at being cats - they just don't have
the same priorities dogs do."

I expected him to know where each dish was, what surprised me so much was
that normally I keep his kibble in the kitchen cupboard in a white plastic
container. I get that container out and shake some into his dish. I
wouldn't find it remarkable for him to recognise the plastic container and
move to his kibble dish. Actually he knows where it's kept and if he wants
some he will miaow and touch the cupboard door.

I was amazed because this was a *box* of kibble which I fetched from the
porch. It could have been anything, cornflakes etc for myself, but no,
somehow he knew what it was!
You don't think he can read do you? ;-))

Tweed

Old November 15th 05, 03:18 AM

Christina Websell wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I wouldn't entirely count it out! :-) Invariably, if I find
some of my cat's favorite food on sale and stock up on it,
she'll promptly decide she doesn't really like it, after
all. (I swear she must read the price tag or the register
tape or something!)

Old November 15th 05, 06:35 AM
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
Oh yes, the boys here know where the wet food and where the dry food go.
Miranda doesn't eat either, but she knows where her bowl goes. In
between her eating, I have to lift it up out of the boys' way so they
don't eat her food. When she wants to eat a little, she sits down where
her bowl goes and just looks at me expectantly.

I'll bet that when she looks so worried waiting for her bit of fresh
meat, she always gets some!