Egads!

Old December 4th 05, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Egads!

I'm gone for the day and came home to 162 posts and an updated Holiday Card
list! It's going to take me a while to catch up!!

Just had to let you know, though, that after 54 years I finally got up the
courage to have my ears pierced!!! LOL! My granddaughters shamed me into
it - the oldest had her navel pierced earlier this year (don't ask me to
describe that as was told to me - I'm still shuddering)!!!!!!!!

I'll try to catch up in the morning - in the meantime, purrs to all who need
them (heck, purrs to those who don't, too).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 4th 05, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I'm gone for the day and came home to 162 posts and an updated Holiday

Card
list! It's going to take me a while to catch up!!

Just had to let you know, though, that after 54 years I finally got up the
courage to have my ears pierced!!! LOL! My granddaughters shamed me into
it - the oldest had her navel pierced earlier this year (don't ask me to
describe that as was told to me - I'm still shuddering)!!!!!!!!

I'll try to catch up in the morning - in the meantime, purrs to all who

need
them (heck, purrs to those who don't, too).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Congratulations on your holey ears. I think I was in my 40's when I had
mine done. Believe it or not, it was my Dad who talked me (and my mother
and sister) into it. He wanted to give us earrings, but he only liked the
pierced ear kind.

Joy

Old December 4th 05, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
I'm gone for the day and came home to 162 posts and an updated
Holiday Card list! It's going to take me a while to catch up!!

Just had to let you know, though, that after 54 years I finally got
up the courage to have my ears pierced!!! LOL! My granddaughters
shamed me into it - the oldest had her navel pierced earlier this
year (don't ask me to describe that as was told to me - I'm still
shuddering)!!!!!!!!

I'll try to catch up in the morning - in the meantime, purrs to all
who need them (heck, purrs to those who don't, too).

Hugs,

CatNipped

When we were in Thailand, Mom and & I went to get our ears pierced. She had
hers done first to show me there was nothing to it. Excuse me, are they
injecting your earlobes with something from a syringe?! I wasn't bothered
by the idea of them piercing my ears, but no way were they going to give me
a shot! I freaked and refused. Mom got hers done, I didn't.

A few years later, I pierced my own ears. Isn't that silly? I got some of
those 'self-piercing earrings'. Don't know if they still sell them or not.
14kt gold rings with a point on the front end and a loop on the back. You
put them on, squeeze them a little tighter each day, swabbing with rubbing
alcohol, until they finally go through the earlobe. It was supposed to take
two weeks. I got impatient, froze my earlobes with ice cubes and pushed the
pointed end through. And here I was afraid of a little shot in my earlobes
LOL

I still have pierced ears. Mom doesn't; she let hers close up. You should
see all the fantastic pierced earrings she has!

Jill

Old December 4th 05, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Just had to let you know, though, that after 54 years I finally got up the
courage to have my ears pierced!!! LOL! My granddaughters shamed me into
it - the oldest had her navel pierced earlier this year (don't ask me to
describe that as was told to me - I'm still shuddering)!!!!!!!!

My ears were pierced when I was six as my mother was becoming concerned
that strangers were constantly mistaking me for a boy.

Earrings did nothing to correct the misconception, either. I passed
for a boy until fifth grade when I grew my hair long.

--Fil
now wearing two rings in my upper left ear and one in my nose in
addition to those initial piercings

Old December 5th 05, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hey, those piercing guns they use now are great! I really dislike
inflicting pain on myself but they did it so fast I hardly had time to
wail! But, oh man, at a jewelery store in the mall this mom was making
her little girl...maybe 4 or 5...have her ears pierced and she was
kicking and screaming up a storm, but the mom just told the clerks to
go ahead. You could see they didn't want to. I left! Poor kid.

My cuz was in her teens when she got both ears pierced all the way up
and around the outside...in the cartiledge. NOW, married, with kids,
envolved in her church...she really regrets it. Those holes don't
close up.

PatM

Old December 5th 05, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I had mine done with a little stapler type thing when I was 8 in
Germany. The earring is in the stapler and they just stick them in.
I wanted them when I was 7 because my best friend had them but my
parents made me wait a year.
When I was a teenager, I wanted 2nd holes and decided to do it myself.
I froze my ears with ice cubes and stuck a pin through. I pulled the
pin out to put the earring in and a tiny bead of blood came out. I
promptly proceeded to pass out and hit my head on the bathroom door.
My mom came rushing in. Later, she told me not to do that, she would
take me to the drugstore if I wanted more earrings.
I ended up getting one at the top of my ear, in the cartillege part
when I was 17. It didn't last more than a couple of years because the
back of the earring dug into my skull when I was sleeping and caused a
permanent dent. I let the hole grow over but can still feel the hole
in the cartillege under the skin. Creepy :-(
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old December 5th 05, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 4 Dec 2005 19:50:54 -0800, "PatM"
yodeled:

Hey, those piercing guns they use now are great! I really dislike
inflicting pain on myself but they did it so fast I hardly had time to
wail! But, oh man, at a jewelery store in the mall this mom was making
her little girl...maybe 4 or 5...have her ears pierced and she was
kicking and screaming up a storm, but the mom just told the clerks to
go ahead. You could see they didn't want to. I left! Poor kid.

My cuz was in her teens when she got both ears pierced all the way up
and around the outside...in the cartiledge. NOW, married, with kids,
envolved in her church...she really regrets it. Those holes don't
close up.

PatM

Maybe not all the way, but if they are not used, they nearly do, and
become virtually invisible. I know all about it.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 5th 05, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

PatM wrote:

Hey, those piercing guns they use now are great! I really dislike
inflicting pain on myself but they did it so fast I hardly had time to
wail! But, oh man, at a jewelery store in the mall this mom was making
her little girl...maybe 4 or 5...have her ears pierced and she was
kicking and screaming up a storm, but the mom just told the clerks to
go ahead. You could see they didn't want to. I left! Poor kid.

There was a time when many cultures (Mexican, for one) had
their girl babies' ears pierced at birth (with tiny gold
studs inserted). It really DOESN'T hurt - maybe a little
discomfort - even when you're an adult, but why terrify your
kid, if she sees it as a frightening experience? (Unlike
vaccinations, ear-piercing is hardly one of life's necessities!)

Old December 5th 05, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"PatM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey, those piercing guns they use now are great! I really dislike
inflicting pain on myself but they did it so fast I hardly had time to
wail! But, oh man, at a jewelery store in the mall this mom was making
her little girl...maybe 4 or 5...have her ears pierced and she was
kicking and screaming up a storm, but the mom just told the clerks to
go ahead. You could see they didn't want to. I left! Poor kid.

My cuz was in her teens when she got both ears pierced all the way up
and around the outside...in the cartiledge. NOW, married, with kids,
envolved in her church...she really regrets it. Those holes don't
close up.

PatM

My son got his ear pierced when he was about 7 or 8 (wanted to look like his
dad!). Its a good thing we only wanted one done because there's no way he
would have let the clerk near him after the first one went in!

I think everyone in the mall could hear the screams!

Fi

Old December 5th 05, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:28:23 -0800, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
yodeled:

PatM wrote:

Hey, those piercing guns they use now are great! I really dislike
inflicting pain on myself but they did it so fast I hardly had time to
wail! But, oh man, at a jewelery store in the mall this mom was making
her little girl...maybe 4 or 5...have her ears pierced and she was
kicking and screaming up a storm, but the mom just told the clerks to
go ahead. You could see they didn't want to. I left! Poor kid.

There was a time when many cultures (Mexican, for one) had
their girl babies' ears pierced at birth (with tiny gold
studs inserted). It really DOESN'T hurt - maybe a little
discomfort - even when you're an adult, but why terrify your
kid, if she sees it as a frightening experience? (Unlike
vaccinations, ear-piercing is hardly one of life's necessities!)

Says you!!

My mother is of Italian extraction, and all her female relatives had
their ears done as tiny babies. Having pierced ears was just part of
the culture. You could see the older ladies ears were all stretched
out from the heavy gold earrings they had worn throughout their
married lives.
My grandmother staunchly refused to have my mom's ears done as a
baby or child, as she didn't want mom to look like what was then
called "a greenhorn." Of course, my mom went ahead and had them done
herself as soon as she could get away with it.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War