Litter Boxes

Old July 26th 09, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
James Dent

Default Litter Boxes

Thanks for all the input. We picked up the Sterilite 105 Qt., 19Wx32Lx14D.
Cut down an opening on one end to 7"Hx7"W for easy entry. They love them.
With 4 cats and 6 litter boxes side by side, sometimes I think they wanted
privacy. They sure like the new arrangement. Just cleaned them and they were
"loaded". We set up 4 of the Sterilite and keep 1 old box, just in case. We
clean the boxes a minimum of 2 times a day.

Old July 26th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 04:12:18 -0500, "James Dent"
wrote:

Thanks for all the input. We picked up the Sterilite 105 Qt., 19Wx32Lx14D.
Cut down an opening on one end to 7"Hx7"W for easy entry. They love them.
With 4 cats and 6 litter boxes side by side, sometimes I think they wanted
privacy. They sure like the new arrangement. Just cleaned them and they were
"loaded". We set up 4 of the Sterilite and keep 1 old box, just in case. We
clean the boxes a minimum of 2 times a day.

4 cats and six litterboxes? Why do you need so many?! I know that some
cats don't like to share but our three have always been happy with the
one as long as it's nice and big... when they were little it was big
enough for both of them at the same time - now that was a sight! :P
Good thing too because we really don't have anywhere to PUT another
box.
Old July 26th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I have read the suggest amount of boxes is one for each cat plus one... the
only way i could do that is if i bought those corner litter pans... but we
have a littermaid so its always clean which is the big deal... except for TV
who will NOT do both in the same box, so he goes to the el box, does one or
the other, then rushes to another box and does whatever is next, cracks me
up, Lee

Old July 27th 09, 10:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
James Dent

wrote:

[...]

One of the main reasons for 6 boxes in the past is that Rambo would not use
a litter box unless it's been scooped and wouldn't use one if any of the
others were around. Seems like he wanted privacy and the new boxes are to
his liking.

Old July 27th 09, 10:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

one of the reasons we keep at least one electric box is because TV is so
fussy about it, he really gets upset if its not very clean, Lee

Litter Boxes James Dent Cat anecdotes 12 July 26th 09 11:53 PM
Q on litter boxes ensoul Cat health & behaviour 5 December 16th 07 10:31 AM
Is there a better alternative to litter boxes? Monique Y. Mudama Cat health & behaviour 20 February 9th 05 11:19 PM
Litter Boxes JBHajos Cat anecdotes 36 July 13th 04 02:09 PM
Automatic litter boxes Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 3 July 5th 03 03:09 AM