"Dog or cat?"

Old February 6th 04, 05:01 AM
Susan M

Default "Dog or cat?"

Do you ever get the crazy urge to ask someone that when you see their jacket
covered in pet hair? To date I've been smart enough not to ask it. I may
think its friendly - they may think I'm being rude by noticing their "dirty"
jacket.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
& 300 lint removers, all lost

Old February 6th 04, 06:40 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 04:01:11 GMT, "Susan M" smawdsley remove
@shaw.ca wrote:

Do you ever get the crazy urge to ask someone that when you see their jacket
covered in pet hair? To date I've been smart enough not to ask it. I may
think its friendly - they may think I'm being rude by noticing their "dirty"
jacket.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
& 300 lint removers, all lost

suggestion: Keep a roll of masking tape handy. It really picks up
hair. MLB
Old February 6th 04, 09:43 AM
jmcquown

@shaw.ca wrote:

Do you ever get the crazy urge to ask someone that when you see
their jacket covered in pet hair? To date I've been smart enough
not to ask it. I may think its friendly - they may think I'm being
rude by noticing their "dirty" jacket.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
& 300 lint removers, all lost

suggestion: Keep a roll of masking tape handy. It really picks up
hair. MLB

A woman at work takes those plastic FedEx airbill holders and peels the
backs off them, sticks her hand in the slot and pats down her slacks and
jacket with them... that is the *best* glue! LOL

Jill

Old February 6th 04, 06:40 AM
Sherry

Do you ever get the crazy urge to ask someone that when you see their jacket
covered in pet hair? To date I've been smart enough not to ask it. I may
think its friendly - they may think I'm being rude by noticing their "dirty"
jacket.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Oh, cripes, people do that to me all the time. "You must have a cat." I hear it
a lot. Also recently when I had claw marks on my neck. Almost always when the
bag boy carries my groceries out and sees the paw prints all over the car. I
never think them rude at all, I usually just laugh about it.

Sherry
Old February 6th 04, 07:14 PM
Helen Miles

"Susan M" "Susan wrote in message

Do you ever get the crazy urge to ask someone that when you see their jacket
covered in pet hair?

That's nothing. My ex-boss once asked me if I was depressed because my
arms were covered in what looked like razor marks and he genuinely
thought I was self harming because he didn't know me well and had no
idea that I worked with feral kittens. On one hand I was pleased that he
felt he could check, but it was a bit embarrasing to say the least!

Helen M

Old February 6th 04, 07:53 PM
Cheryl

Helen Miles wrote:
That's nothing. My ex-boss once asked me if I was depressed because my
arms were covered in what looked like razor marks and he genuinely
thought I was self harming because he didn't know me well and had no
idea that I worked with feral kittens. On one hand I was pleased that he
felt he could check, but it was a bit embarrasing to say the least!

Helen M

When Mandy was younger, she was often a little, well, careless with her
claws when playing. One of my co-workers, looking at my hands, suggested
I send my cat to obedience school!

Cheryl

Old February 7th 04, 05:20 AM
Takayuki

Cheryl wrote:

When Mandy was younger, she was often a little, well, careless with her
claws when playing. One of my co-workers, looking at my hands, suggested
I send my cat to obedience school!

snicker

Yeah, right. Good luck finding a cat obedience school in the phone
book.

Old February 7th 04, 01:18 AM

Helen Miles wrote:

That's nothing. My ex-boss once asked me if I was depressed because my
arms were covered in what looked like razor marks and he genuinely
thought I was self harming because he didn't know me well and had no
idea that I worked with feral kittens. On one hand I was pleased that he
felt he could check, but it was a bit embarrasing to say the least!

Wow, I would be embarrassed about that, too! In fact, in most places I've
worked, I don't think a boss would broach a subject as personal as that.
Maybe you work in a more humanistic environment? (I work in the computer
industry, not known for its encouragement of emotional openness!)

I remember there was a woman in my (work) group who had all these scar marks
on her hand, and I used to wonder if she had inflicted them on herself. But
then I found out she was a total cat slave and that solved the mystery! She
and I bonded as cat lovers once we discovered that we shared that passion.

Not related to cats, I have this scar on my right-hand wrist that's about
4 inches long and runs lengthwise. Actually, it's two different scars, from
two times I accidentally put my hand through windows. The first time was
when I was 8 years old, and the second was 10 years later, showing that I
hadn't learned much from experience. Anyway, I occasionally feel a bit
self-concious about this scar because people have commented on it and I
think they wonder about it. It does look like the work of someone who was
serious about wrist-slashing. But really, I've never attempted suicide in
my life! I've been depressed at times, for sure, but have always had a
strong survival instinct.

Joyce
Old February 7th 04, 02:40 AM
Jette Goldie

wrote in message
Helen Miles wrote:

[...]

I have a clear hairline scar that follows the path of the vein in
my right wrist. Exactly where one would slice oneself in a
(more likely to be successful) suicide attempt. The *blade*
that caused this scar goes by the name of "Dakota" - and he
did exactly the same to my friend Elf! There you are sleeping
peacefully and suddenly *slice* - a sharp pain and you wake
up pouring blood!!

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old February 7th 04, 01:43 AM
Brenda

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
Do you ever get the crazy urge to ask someone that when you see their

jacket
covered in pet hair? To date I've been smart enough not to ask it. I may
think its friendly - they may think I'm being rude by noticing their

"dirty"
jacket.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
& 300 lint removers, all lost

LOL! after the nth person looked at my dark green wool coat and inquired
whether I had a white cat, I bought a new coat. Amazingly, cat fur of any
color doesn't show up on black & white tweed.
Brenda