Is my cat strange?

Old March 11th 05, 04:20 PM
dusty

Default Is my cat strange?

Thai-ger (tiger, not Tony the; she's sweet but not sugar coated) is my 3d
cat and she's unlike any I've had before.

1. She doesn't meow but squeaks.
2. Walks around the house frequently making a long drawn out chirpy sound.
Usually when she cant find the toy she's looking for.
3. She has whiskers (2 each) on her front legs.
4. Takes toys out of her toy box and carries them all over the house.
5. Will play with stuffed animal half as big as she is.
6. Prefers stuffed toys almost exclusively and will retrieve them if
tossed across room.
7. Throws toys up into the air rather than batting them around on the
floor.
8. Dances on all four legs when getting her back scratched also loves to
have her belly rubbed.
9. Loves to rough house play but bites real softly and never uses her
claws.

Old March 11th 05, 04:30 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:20:55 GMT, dusty yodeled:

[...]

I'd say she's within the humongous range of cat normality. We have
chirping, squeaking, mrrrping, grunting, snorting cats in the ng;
toy-shlepping cats, fetching cats, belly-rub sluts, etc. The
whiskers on the front legs-- yeah, I've seen those too, on the backs
of the legs.

Got pictures?

Theresa
Old March 11th 05, 04:30 PM
Mary

"dusty" wrote in message
[...]

We need to see some pictures to see how strange she really
is. She sounds totally adorable. I have to see those leg whiskers!
And tell where you got her and how!

Old March 11th 05, 05:33 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

dusty wrote:
I'm not sure one can post pictures here, my first try didn't seem to
work. note arrow near paw that's where she has whiskers.

Most cats have those, I think their like the 'curb feelers" cars use to have
in the 50's.

In the future, this is not a group to post pictures to - you should a binary
newsgroup - alt.binaries.pictures.animals is one that *most* of us here get,
and is more appropriate for pictures of our Beloved Owners.

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too) email me at

Old March 11th 05, 05:40 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:20:55 +0000, dusty wrote:

[...]

She sounds like an ideal pussycat. Maybe you should patent her genes.
MLB

Old March 11th 05, 05:45 PM
Karen

OH please post it to alt.binaries.pictures.animals. I would love to see it
but my server will dump text group based post that have a pic attached.

Old March 11th 05, 06:10 PM
Mary

"dusty" wrote in message
news:1110562053.6f8297f604dd7f2cd38dcccd1c215ad1@t eranews...
I'm not sure one can post pictures here, my first try didn't seem to work.
note arrow near paw that's where she has whiskers.

What a beautiful calico cat!! Thanks for posting, I should have directed
you to alt.pictures.binaries.animals, but I just asked for a picture.
Sorry. She is so pretty!

Old March 11th 05, 06:19 PM
Dan M

dusty wrote:
Thai-ger (tiger, not Tony the; she's sweet but not sugar coated) is my 3d
cat and she's unlike any I've had before.

I think all kitties are strange in some way!

1. She doesn't meow but squeaks.

3 of my 5 do this. Tabitha lets out long, loud squeaks. Samuel makes
quiet, quick squeaks. Harri ranges from soft to loud, from brief squeaks
to long, drawn-out tones.

2. Walks around the house frequently making a long drawn out chirpy sound.
Usually when she cant find the toy she's looking for.

Tabitha and Harri do this sometimes.

3. She has whiskers (2 each) on her front legs.
4. Takes toys out of her toy box and carries them all over the house.

Tabitha and Sammy do this.

5. Will play with stuffed animal half as big as she is.
6. Prefers stuffed toys almost exclusively and will retrieve them if
tossed across room.
7. Throws toys up into the air rather than batting them around on the
floor.

Cleopatra and Tabitha do this often, Amelia once in a while.