Penny Trouble

Old July 28th 05, 07:49 PM
Debra

Default Penny Trouble

When Trouble was a kitten she spent many hours playing in the
bathroom. Her favorite game involved the bath mat. She would find a
small piece of foil covered paper or perhaps a coin and shove it under
the mat, back up a little, pretend something moved under the mat, and
then try to dive under the mat to attack the paper. Usually only her
front legs would go under the mat, while her head stayed above, and
the mat would accordion in front of her little face. This game made
the rubberized bottom of the mat age faster than normal and we had to
get new mats for our own safety. The new mats were heavier than the
old ones, and the new rubber on the bottoms made it just too hard to
dive under so she stopped playing that game.

Trouble is now four years old, and the new bath mats are not so new
anymore, and she found a penny that Hubby dropped in the bathroom.
And, oh joy! Pennies slide faster over the new bathroom tiles! I
thought she had forgotten about the bath mat game, but obviously not.
She is playing it again. She looks the same doing it too because she
still has that wide kitten face. She's just bigger and faster.
Debra in VA
Old July 28th 05, 08:54 PM
W. Leong

"Debra" wrote in message
[...]

Rusty is 11 and still has the face of a young cat. But he is slower
now.

Winnie

Old July 28th 05, 09:03 PM
Karen

"Debra" wrote in message
[...]

SUgar looooooves to do this with beloved fish.

Old July 29th 05, 01:06 AM
Enfilade

Debra wrote:
When Trouble was a kitten she spent many hours playing in the
bathroom.

Nocturne does a version of this with the bedroom sheets. If the
blankets are bunched up, occasionally Nox will start
pouncing/kicking/biting them (we call it hunting the bedmouse) and we
can get her going by putting her hand under them and rustling, then
she'll do it herself. She always glares too, because she doesn't want
us to see her do something so undignified but she just can't help
herself...

--Fil

Old July 30th 05, 04:02 AM
Julie Cook

"Debra" wrote in message
[...]

lol! I can just see this. For some reason Barnabus likes to hide under the
area rug in our family room. Lately he hides under there then Sam jumps on
top of the lump and the games begin. The games are very similar to your
Trouble and a penny except the penny is a black cat at our house.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old July 31st 05, 09:17 AM
polonca12000

What a great story! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Debra" wrote in message
When Trouble was a kitten she spent many hours playing in the
bathroom. Her favorite game involved the bath mat. She would find a
small piece of foil covered paper or perhaps a coin and shove it under
the mat, back up a little, pretend something moved under the mat, and
then try to dive under the mat to attack the paper. snip

Trouble with window ledges Debra Cat anecdotes 7 July 17th 05 04:12 PM
Penny - RIP (long, possible TW) theresa Cat anecdotes 33 June 23rd 05 04:25 PM
Penny the Cat Ron Z Cat anecdotes 5 February 21st 05 01:50 AM
Penelope Marie Shirk RB (long) Tanada Cat anecdotes 84 December 13th 04 11:42 PM
Trouble brewing for the Touchstone kitties (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 9 November 19th 03 01:25 PM