Need Ideas for Cat Anniversary

Old July 31st 12, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

Default Need Ideas for Cat Anniversary

Thursday will mark one year since I got my little Russian Blue kitty Niobe.
Like Emma, she was a CraigsList acquisition.

I'm trying to figure out something nice to do for her. After the first couple
of months, where she was eating everything in sight and bulking up
substantially (I think the previous folks underfed her), she isn't
particularly picky or gluttonous about food. So there's nothing obvious to
feed her as a treat.

About her most blatant like is destroying cardboard, strange as it sounds.
Almost every box in the house - and I'm quite a pack rat - has been shredded.
I'm thinking about finding her a nice big cardboard box to ruin. But perhaps
someone here will come up with an off-the-wall idea for an unfamiliar cat.

I've posted this before, but here's a picture of Niobe up on my big ten-foot
stepladder.

http://www.ocrebels.com/NiobeOnLadderResized.jpg

Art

Old August 1st 12, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
[...]

get her a small cardbox box with holes for her arms to poke in with some nip
inside. That should amuse her for a while.
If she likes the nip of course. Kitty FC was immune to it. It did nothing
for her.
Boyfie will occasionally rub his head on a sock I fill with nip for him but
he doesn't get out of his head on it. He is such a serious earnest boy I
would love him to get really stoned occasionally

Old August 1st 12, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_5_]

"Christina Websell" wrote
in message ...

[...]

maybe add some ping-pong balls in that box ;-)

Old August 2nd 12, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rockinghorse Winner[_7_]

* It may have been the liquor talking, but
Arthur Shapiro wrote:

Thursday will mark one year since I got my little Russian Blue kitty Niobe.
Like Emma, she was a CraigsList acquisition.

I'm trying to figure out something nice to do for her. After the first couple
of months, where she was eating everything in sight and bulking up
substantially (I think the previous folks underfed her), she isn't
particularly picky or gluttonous about food. So there's nothing obvious to
feed her as a treat.

My response is short, but I believe gets to the heart of the matter: it
doesn't matter what you do for her; it's a fekkin' CAT.

Terry
--
"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls |/
drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own |/ Gentoo Linux
Old August 3rd 12, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

[...]

He is not interested in any boxes or toys. He goes out looking at rats and
occasionally gets some small ones.
He's a sensible boy and lets the big ones pass. He pretends he hasn't seen
them ;-)
I do get some big rats here after the chicken food, they can be a challenge
even for the fierce terriers .
Boyfie has be kept in the house when the terriers come or he'd be a gonner,
they would kill him.
So I keep him in and they sweep through killing everything in their path.
No rat remains alive. Neither would he be, they are killing machines.
I wouldn't want one those terriers myself as a pet, but they aren't pets,
they are for killing and that's why I get the terrier men in for rats. You
will always get rats if you have chickens or pigs.

Old August 3rd 12, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duffy's favorite toy (other than his cat trees and climbing poles) is a
Turbo Scratcher. Unlike most toys, this one has continued to be a favorite
ever since I adopted him nine years ago. I hear him playing on it every
day. Here's one site where you can see it:
http://www.amazon.com/Bergan-Turbo-S.../dp/B000IYSAIW

MaryL

Old August 3rd 12, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , "MaryL" wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duffy's favorite toy (other than his cat trees and climbing poles) is a
Turbo Scratcher. Unlike most toys, this one has continued to be a favorite
ever since I adopted him nine years ago.

Looks interesting! As it isn't particularly expensive, I'll see if I can find
it at PetSmart or Target. Thanks for the suggestion.

Art
Old August 4th 12, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message

In article , "MaryL"
wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duffy's favorite toy (other than his cat trees and climbing poles) is a
Turbo Scratcher. Unlike most toys, this one has continued to be a favorite
ever since I adopted him nine years ago.

Looks interesting! As it isn't particularly expensive, I'll see if I can
find
it at PetSmart or Target. Thanks for the suggestion.

Art

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think they also have it at WalMart. The center is a corrugated cardboard
scratcher. Duffy uses his primarily as a toy, and he is ambidextrous. He
will sit beside it and bat the ball back and forth; sometimes he will leap
back and forth over it as he hits the ball. Pretty good for a blind cat!
He also wore out one of the scratchers, but refills are available.

MaryL

Old August 4th 12, 10:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I've posted this before, but here's a picture of Niobe up on my
big ten-foot stepladder.
http://www.ocrebels.com/NiobeOnLadderResized.jpg

"if you think you can get even CLOSE to imagining what I'm going
to do now I've got a three-foot height advantage... watch THIS..."

Old August 4th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 8/3/2012 4:38 PM, MaryL wrote:

[...]

We used to have one of these. Cats loved it, but Lizzie (or Ping) would
pee on the cardboard insert... and then Ernie and Moe learned how to get
the ball out of the track and it eventually vanished into the black hole
that cat toys (and single socks) have a habit of finding their way to...

The two cats learned to remove the ball in different ways, too: Ernie, a
big boy at 18~ lbs, would simply take the ball in his mouth and pick it
up... Moe, much smaller at a svelte 6-7 lbs, would hold the ball in
place with her mouth, and use her two front paws on either side of the
ball to wedge it up and out of the track.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

A Sad Anniversary Art Shapiro Cat anecdotes 9 July 31st 12 10:06 PM
Sad anniversary Lisa Katt[_2_] Cat anecdotes 12 December 11th 09 02:27 PM
Anniversary :-( BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 4 December 2nd 09 04:03 PM
Anniversary GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 17 October 23rd 07 09:56 PM
TW: Sad anniversary Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 14 August 11th 05 01:47 AM