Remember the angel trumphet I was worried about

Old January 22nd 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Getting high legally (was: Remember the angel trumphet I was worried about)

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote

Other legal trips:

Salvia divinorum -- a mexican plant that can be smoked like pot, it
causes terrifying, full-blown hallucinations and is seldom used more
than once.

Morning glory seeds -- first you puke, then you puke some more. After
a couple of hours you get light-headed like the first stages of an
acid trip. Then you get a headache and feel lethargic for a day or
two.

Nutmeg -- smoked or eaten, it delivers a buzz not too unlike that of
marijuana, for about half an hour. Then a splitting headache sets in
and lasts for about 6 hours.

Dextromethorphan -- enthusiasts take about 12 times the dose on the
label and experience a toxic delirium that involves disorientation and
impaired vision.

Is peyote still legal if you can prove it is part of your religious
observance?
Now THAT is a neat cactus. Fresh, it has the consistency of the firm part
of a tomato but with a gritty, bitter taste. It is best eaten with oranges,
they
sweeten it sufficiently. It was just like the tops of those cacti that have
had
red, five-lobed knobs grafted on. You had to cut out the little knots and
peel
it. While everyone else ate nine buttons and threw up and saw "God," I would
do two and find that it seemed to peel away a kind of dullness that builds
up
on our senses over time. So that colors were still the same but more
intense.
And the soul was predisposed to joy. I remember being very quiet and just
looking around a lot. Stained glass windows in a NYC church were arresting.
It was the same for all the senses, touch, taste and hearing, too. I
actually
came to think of it as an "anti-drug" because it seemed to sharpen instead
of dull, to clear instead of blur.

Old January 22nd 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:

Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).

MaryL

Oleander is really popular in central CA. I never saw any cats get
sick from it, which is a surprise since it was so abundant. We had it
in our yard and I hated it because the blossoms are so messy.

-L.

Old January 22nd 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Getting high legally

CatNipped wrote:

Sounds to me like he deserves a Darwin award.

Sorta how I feel about it.
-L.

Old January 22nd 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
some old grannie waits at the back of the line.
Charlie

so how do you feel being associated with a Godless man?

Old January 22nd 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 21 Jan 2006 20:29:49 -0800, "Mr Tibbs"
wrote:

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
some old grannie waits at the back of the line.
Charlie

so how do you feel being associated with a Godless man?

???

Are you referring to Jeremy Bentham?

Charlie
Old January 22nd 06, 12:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

Are you referring to Jeremy Bentham?

Charlie

Oh, no, Darwin!

but, iiii see what catnipped meant now

whooh
at first, i could not decide what darwin had to do with Charlie

witty women, mmm mmm mmm!

Old January 23rd 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

-L. wrote:
MaryL wrote:

Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).

MaryL

Oleander is really popular in central CA. I never saw any cats get
sick from it, which is a surprise since it was so abundant. We had it
in our yard and I hated it because the blossoms are so messy.

-L.

We have it all over here in AZ, too. Our house, which is old, has a
line of them across the back of the lot and down one side. Really
tall ones, about 12-plus feet high, very dense. It would be very
expensive to pull them all out and put something else up as they serve
as the border/fence. My cats don't go out except for a small patch of
the yard where we have occasionally taken a couple of them out
supervised, and where there are no oleanders, so it is not an issue for
my cats but there are tons of outdoor neighborhood cats with homes and
tons of strays around at times and they go in and out of those
oleanders and sleep in them and I have never seen a problem. I feed
outdoor cats and worry sometimes that oleander petals or leaves will
blow into their bowl and they'll eat them by mistake but so far my
fears seem unfounded.

Candace

Things Cats Must Remember Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 1 June 18th 05 06:33 PM
Tiggy crossed the rainbow bridge Wendy Cat health & behaviour 19 June 11th 05 09:49 AM
Grant RIP Karen Cat anecdotes 91 March 5th 05 05:08 PM
Do pets really remember? Hans Schrøder Cats - misc 3 December 4th 03 06:15 AM
Do pets really remember? MaryL Cat health & behaviour 23 November 18th 03 10:02 PM