Feline humor?

Old July 11th 12, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FragSinatra

Default Feline humor?

Why is it that cats think playing hide and go seek is fun or funny?
Everyone is looking for you, calling your name, thinking you're hurt
and you don't bother to reply or come out. Then you just suddenly show
up like nothing happened. Very funny.

Or how about waiting to go up the stairs until a human is plodding up
then racing by them? That's also very funny.

Or how about hiding in wait until a human has to temporarily abandon
their:

i. turkey sandwich
ii. breakfast cereal
iii. ice cream bowl
iv. ham sandwich

then quickly jumping up and snacking on it. Very funny!

Or how about running into the bathroom ahead of someone when
they need to use it?

I'm always surprised they're not laughing their tails off
when they do it.

Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
raising hell?

Old July 12th 12, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

FragSinatra wrote:
[...]

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

Ours like to race under the garage door at the last minute when I am trying
to close it... And, our new door senses their presense and goes back up....

Old July 13th 12, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:29:19 +0000 (UTC), FragSinatra
wrote:

[...]

It's not 'feline humor'.

It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
part of what makes cats so interesting.
Old July 13th 12, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FragSinatra

Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in
:

Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
raising hell?

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

It's not 'feline humor'.

It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
part of what makes cats so interesting.

I'd like to see a little more cooperation in feline NATURE.

Old July 13th 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Mine like to plant a hairball between the bedroom and the bathroom so
I discover it in the middle of the night when I'm staggering to take a
wizz.
Old July 13th 12, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FragSinatra

Judith Latham wrote in
:

It's not 'feline humor'.

It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
part of what makes cats so interesting.

My cat Sweep (RB) was a real practical joker.

Not only did she have a wind up trick for each person but she planned
other tricks too. One night my DH was sitting on the sofa, in the dark
listening to music. I was upstairs, when I heard a yell. Sweep had
crept into the room, gone behind the sofa, stretched up the swiped
DH's head hard. (claws retracted) She then stood there with a grin
(yes a proper grin we all knew well)on her face.

Another time, I was having a nice long soak in the bath, reading a
good spooky book. Usually she would chirp as she came into the room
and jump up to sit on the self behind my head. This time, she again
crept into to the room and leapt up the side of the bath with a very
loud wail. After fishing the book form the bath water, I looked over
at her and there she stood grinning at me.

Judith

That's some funny stuff. There's no doubt it's deliberate either.

Was Sweep a running back (RB)?

Do you play baseball in the US as a pitcher? Because when I read you had
your own designated hitter (DH) that's the only conclusion I can draw.

Old July 14th 12, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf[_4_]

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 05:07:06 +0000 (UTC), FragSinatra
wrote:

Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in
:

Maybe it's revenge for not being allowed to roam around all night
raising hell?

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

It's not 'feline humor'.

It's feline NATURE. There's really nothing you can do about it. It's
part of what makes cats so interesting.

I'd like to see a little more cooperation in feline NATURE.

Good luck with that. You can change some specific things you cat does.

But, you can't chance what makes them a CAT.
Old July 14th 12, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FragSinatra

Judith Latham wrote in
:

In article ,
FragSinatra wrote:
Judith Latham wrote in
:

[...]

Sorry, RB means rainbow bridge and DH means dear husband. I though
that these were common abbreviations on the rec.pets.cats groups.

Judith

Sorry I didn't mean any offense. I understand now.

--- Posted via
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---

KFC Humor ChildFree23[_2_] Cat anecdotes 15 April 18th 09 01:59 AM
A Little Humor [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 February 18th 09 04:16 PM
[OT] Humor Catnipped Cat anecdotes 12 May 31st 05 07:04 PM
[OT] Humor CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 April 22nd 05 12:29 AM
OT - Humor Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 0 February 19th 05 07:39 PM