my cat is sick - HELP!

Old January 10th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default my cat is sick - HELP!

My cat has a urination problem. He's been fixed since he was 6 months
old and has never sprayed. Urination has been found in some puddles on
the floor and other places, sometimes soaking his hindquarter. This is
very unusual for him.

I have taken him to the vet and he's gotten a urine test which came out
fine (tested for white blood cell count, crystals in urine and bacteria
- negative on all). The vet suggested that I give him an anti-anxiety
pill, but this hasn't cleared up the problem. In fact, after a 9 days
of taking the medicine, he threw up a few times yesterday (water and
food, separately). He did not eat much yesterday.

Yesterday, I also noticed a raw spot that looked like a sore in the
back area, perhaps where he sprays. When I picked him up, he growled at
me (this is unusual behavior also). It was about half the size of a
dime. He is an indoor/outdoor declawed cat and lives in a townhome
complex. There could be a bully cat in the neighborhood, although he
generally stays close to home.

Today, the spot looks better (more gray to match his coloring) and I
didn't give him his medicine, as I thought this could be making him
sick. I cannot afford another vet visit now. Any suggestions? I adore
my cat and don't want to risk his health.

Nicole

Old January 11th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 2006-01-09 20:04:19 -0600, said:

[...]

He really needs to see a vet and have some other testing done. This
sounds VERY unusual. Especially soaking his hind quarters. He has to
have crystals or some other trouble. To growl when you pick him up
shows great discomfort. Maybe you could locate and all feline vet that
has more experience? Throwing up and not eating is BAD if you suspect
urinary trouble. Please take him to the vet again.

Old January 13th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hi Karen, thanks for your comments.

I did take him to the vet and she did a urine test, a blood test and an
xray and could not find anything wrong with him. He passed away
yesterday. I am heartbroken and don't know what killed him. He did have
a huge tear and watery eyes on Friday night. He didn't eat on Friday.
He was at the vets for two days. The vet said that this could indicate
poisoning, but usually it also coincides with diahhrea, and he was
constipated (due to lack of eating and drinking). Does anyone have any
ideas what could have killed him? What do tears mean?

Old January 14th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Nicole,

I'm so sorry about your cat! Hope you can discover what happened.
My condolences, I don't know what to say, it's very sad. :-(
He's now with other kitties playing in the rainbow.

My cat also drop one tear in just one of his eyes after eating. I'm
also curious to know the cause of this.

Fabiana

Old January 14th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. That is so frustrating and sad when
you know something is wrong and you can't find it.

I'd like to echo Candace that you might want to have a necropsy done. We
also had a kitten we could not save and could not find out what was
wrong, so I had to do that for peace of mind.

Take care,

Rhonda