Remember the angel trumphet I was worried about

Old January 20th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Remember the angel trumphet I was worried about

this is what it does to humans
http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html

Old January 21st 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .
this is what it does to humans
http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html

Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).

MaryL

Old January 21st 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:35:07 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..
this is what it does to humans
http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html

Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).

MaryL

Yikes. I had not heard about this one.

This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
in an effort to get high.

Other legal trips:

Salvia divinorum -- a mexican plant that can be smoked like pot, it
causes terrifying, full-blown hallucinations and is seldom used more
than once.

Morning glory seeds -- first you puke, then you puke some more. After
a couple of hours you get light-headed like the first stages of an
acid trip. Then you get a headache and feel lethargic for a day or
two.

Nutmeg -- smoked or eaten, it delivers a buzz not too unlike that of
marijuana, for about half an hour. Then a splitting headache sets in
and lasts for about 6 hours.

Dextromethorphan -- enthusiasts take about 12 times the dose on the
label and experience a toxic delirium that involves disorientation and
impaired vision.

Charlie

Old January 21st 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Getting high legally

This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
in an effort to get high.

Why majority of kids in school now adays are dumb as it is why take the
chance of actually becoming something away from them

Old January 21st 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:35:07 -0600, MaryL wrote:

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .
this is what it does to humans
http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html

Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).

MaryL

You brought back another memory. I must have been about five years old
--maybe seven - my Dad had two oleander plants planted in half barrels and
placed in our back yard. My Mother warned me NEVER to smell the flowers
because they were poison. So doing what kids do, I smelled the flowers.
Nothing happened but they got rid of the plants. Thanks for the memory.
MLB

Old January 22nd 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:24:28 GMT, "NMR"
wrote:

This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
in an effort to get high.

Why majority of kids in school now adays are dumb as it is why take the
chance of actually becoming something away from them

I'm a utilitarian, Matthew. Someone has to bear the cost of fancy
medical care, and it damn sure isn't the tea-quaffing pinheads who end
up needing it. The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
some old grannie waits at the back of the line. I ask you as a fellow
citizen, is that justice???

Charlie
Old January 22nd 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
in an effort to get high.

Why majority of kids in school now adays are dumb as it is why take the
chance of actually becoming something away from them

I'm a utilitarian, Matthew. Someone has to bear the cost of fancy
medical care, and it damn sure isn't the tea-quaffing pinheads who end
up needing it. The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
some old grannie waits at the back of the line. I ask you as a fellow
citizen, is that justice???

Charlie

Sounds to me like he deserves a Darwin award.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 22nd 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

3 things that never can be debated with out emotion

sex
religion
politics

I refuse to answer any question that may involve me loosing my manhood to a
****ed of wife

Old January 22nd 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
I ask you as a fellow
citizen, is that justice???

Charlie

so it would be cheaper for you to say...email me a joint?
just be sure to encrypt it!

Old January 22nd 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:35:07 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..
this is what it does to humans
http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html

Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse

have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could

be
the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).

MaryL

Yikes. I had not heard about this one.

See the film "White Oleander." It's great.

Things Cats Must Remember Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 1 June 18th 05 06:33 PM
Tiggy crossed the rainbow bridge Wendy Cat health & behaviour 19 June 11th 05 09:49 AM
Grant RIP Karen Cat anecdotes 91 March 5th 05 05:08 PM
Do pets really remember? Hans Schrøder Cats - misc 3 December 4th 03 06:15 AM
Do pets really remember? MaryL Cat health & behaviour 23 November 18th 03 10:02 PM