they're REALLY fighting what do I do????

Old September 20th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default they're REALLY fighting what do I do????

Moe and Rudy were groomed yesterday also were treated w/advantage and
my place was bug bombed...looks like it;s finally working phew that
part is great...we do see some fleas but they aren't active & on there
last legs easy to tell

the very big problem is Moe Rudy are trying to tear each other apart
ever since they were groomed....last night for abt a 1/2 hour they did
an uneasy truce, each staying in own end of my small apartment...but
then they started up again they tear at each other, teeth barred claws
and screeching at the top of their lungs..they have broken 2 lamps and
torn the curtains down...never have done this

yes they have there little fits but never was it serious...SPCA (they
did the grooming) told me yesterday that they are traumatized from the
grooming and the smell different....they were long hairs now only have
hair on their legs, tail and head area...they had so many hard lumps
of hair it was only thing they could do

SPCA said to use a squirt gun w/vinger in it and use it every time
they go at each other

any other ideas?? I don't what to do...I can't leave them
alone...hate this

Lynn

Old September 20th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:42:52 -0700, ensoul wrote:

[...]

Have you tried scent transfer? Rub down one with a cloth, then using that
same cloth, rub down the other. Then reverse the procedure. If they both
smell the same, perhaps it will help. Good luck. MLB

Old September 21st 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 20 Sep, 17:42, ensoul wrote:
[...]

old suggestion this; feliway diffuser? takes a couple of weeks to work
though and hasn't had any real effect on jessioe who still hisses and
spits at the other 2 who lioves downstairs, BUT it has had some effect
on terri who resides pretty much permanatly inthe dining room where
the diffuser is. Terri is now all affectionate and cuddly and loves
some fuss now and even plays with dangly things and a cat dancer toy,
and purrs madly when she is playing too, so that has been a great
breakthrough from the timid fluffball who would not come out from
behind the units under the kitchen sink back in february.

the scent transfer thing may also work, i am assuming they were ok
with each other before this whole fleas episode?

bookie

Old September 21st 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

old suggestion this; feliway diffuser? takes a couple of weeks to work

2 problems with feliway I've tried on 2 different cats in past it was
useless

and the other I can't buy it locally order it online talking 2 weeks
or more and my income is very low I have less $100 to make it through
the month

, i am assuming they were ok
with each other before this whole fleas episode?

yes there...they did have they're tifts but it was all play fights
they have been with since they were 8 months old and before that SPCA
kept them together (they're brothers and neutered) and they're almost
3 now...they've never hissed, barred teeth or attacked they other, not
like now

and I don't how much more I can take....my duaghter and 2 yr old
granddaughter are in my small apartment after being 5 months I have
gave her notice she's out by Oct. 7 apartment or not...I know that
sounds harsh but w/the things she's pulled

my granddaughter won't leave them alone, that irrates the
situation..Moe was her budy , took naps with her..both cats are very
tense Rudy is even growling at me at times

Old September 21st 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"ensoul" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I responded to one of your messages in the other thread and recommended
Feliway before I saw what you had written in this message. However, your
description oflife in your apartment with your daughter and the
granddaughter who won't leave the cats alone certainly suggests that your
cats (and you!) are dealing with situations that multiply the problems --
visits to the vet, a child who can't or won't act appropriately with your
cats, etc. Under these circumstances, I suggest that you try to keep the
cats in separate rooms for a few days -- similar to the introduction period
when a new cat is brought into the household. I realize that this may be
difficult with so many people in the household, but I think it would be
helpful if you are able to accomplish it.

MaryL

Old September 21st 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 21 Sep, 00:19, bookie wrote:
On 20 Sep, 17:42, ensoul wrote:

[...]

bookie- Hide quoted text -

Terri is now all affectionate and cuddly and loves
some fuss now and even plays with dangly things and a cat dancer toy,
and purrs madly when she is playing too,

Brilliant news

Big Grin

Sheelagh "o"