[OT] WHAT NEXT ??

Old June 3rd 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default WHAT NEXT ??

Pat wrote:
Sherry wrote

| Don't mean to scare you.

Well you sure did. Scary stories is one thing you can always be counted on
for, so I do take that into account on reflection, but nevertheless my
initial feeling was of abject terror.

Seriously? I do that? Honestly, I didn't realize it.

Yeah, it seems you often write about the worst possible outcome for any
given situation.

People can only tell you of their own experiences. To get a more
specific diagnosis, see a doctor or a dentist. Their know-how and
x-rays are better than guessing -- but you already know that. Best
wishes. MLB
Old June 3rd 11, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

Sherry wrote

| Don't mean to scare you.

Well you sure did. Scary stories is one thing you can always be counted on
for, so I do take that into account on reflection, but nevertheless my
initial feeling was of abject terror.

Seriously? I do that? Honestly, I didn't realize it.

Yeah, it seems you often write about the worst possible outcome for any
given situation.

I certainly haven't noticed that!

Joyce

--
Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old June 3rd 11, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jun 3, 9:46*am, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
*Also, "toothache" can
take many forms (sometimes the pain is nowhere near the offending tooth).

A dentist friend of mine told me that generalised pain in the side
of the jaw where there is an affected tooth is a sign that something
needs to be done. The pain doesn't localise on the affected tooth
until the infection is getting advanced

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 3rd 11, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sherry" wrote in message
I was 46. My diet wasn't that bad, but it wasn't great either. I had
two months'
prior had bloodwork done, and it was great. My "bad" cholesterol was
125.
_______
What? You must measure it differently in the USA.
The last time I had my cholesterol done it was 4.5 which is apparently quite
good.

Tweed

Old June 3rd 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default [OT] WHAT NEXT ??~Pat~

pat Chlebowski wrote
Try looking on the internet for----
Trigeminal Neuralgia.....

I did. It's nothing like what I have.

I did go to the doc. It's not TMJ either. My heart seems to be fine. No
infection. Got a new drug to try.

Old June 3rd 11, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
Sherry wrote

| Don't mean to scare you.

Well you sure did. Scary stories is one thing you can always be counted
on
for, so I do take that into account on reflection, but nevertheless my
initial feeling was of abject terror.

Seriously? I do that? Honestly, I didn't realize it.

Yeah, it seems you often write about the worst possible outcome for any
given situation.

I had not noticed that myself but I actually think it's not a bad thing for
Sherry to do.
To have the worst possible scenario presented to you if you take no action
could actually save your life.
Long may she continue to do it!

Tweed

Old June 4th 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

pat Chlebowski wrote
Try looking on the internet for----
Trigeminal Neuralgia.....

I did. It's nothing like what I have.

I did go to the doc. It's not TMJ either. My heart seems to be fine. No
infection. Got a new drug to try.

For pain? And the doc has no idea what's causing it? That's frustrating.

I wonder if it's related to your back pain. I don't remember what you said
caused that, or maybe you didn't say. My experience with orthopedic pain
is often that I'll have one problem, and after a while, another problem in
a different part of my body will occur. Often this is because I'm doing
unusual things to compensate for the first pain - by "things" I mean
different postures or ways of walking, lifting and carrying stuff, things
like that. After a while, the compensatory behavior starts to cause a
problem elsewhere.

And don't assume that back pain couldn't possibly cause pain in your jaw.
Muscles are connected in ways that you wouldn't expect, and they often
contract to protect an injured area. And sometimes muscles contract in a
place that isn't so close to the original affected area. Several years
ago I had a major back spasm so that if I accidentally moved in certain
ways, I would get excruciating pain in the upper-right area of my back.
When I saw a physical therapist about it, the only explanation that she
could come up with was that my back muscles were spasming to protect me
from referred pain, originating with disc degeneration and pinched
nerves on the *left* side of my neck. Of course she might have been
wrong about what exactly happened with me, but this is evidently not an
uncommon phenomenon.

What about someone's suggestion that you might be grinding your teeth in
your sleep? Did you discuss that possibility with the doctor? That would
be a cause that you wouldn't necessarily be aware of.

Joyce

--
Hi, this is the Sylvia stress reduction hotline. At the sound of
the beep, repeat after me: "This week, let someone else strive for
Old June 4th 11, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

wrote
I did go to the doc. It's not TMJ either. My heart seems to be fine. No
infection. Got a new drug to try.

For pain?

Yes.

And the doc has no idea what's causing it? That's frustrating.

That's right!

I wonder if it's related to your back pain.

That's very possible. I believe there are muscles in the jaw connecting to
just about everywhere in the body.

I don't remember what you said caused that,
or maybe you didn't say.

Heavy lifting, hurrying to get stuff into the basement before threatening
weather rolled in.

And don't assume that back pain couldn't possibly cause pain in your jaw.
Muscles are connected in ways that you wouldn't expect, and they often
contract to protect an injured area. And sometimes muscles contract in a
place that isn't so close to the original affected area.

I'm sure they do. It's odd, though, from lower left back to right jaw!

What about someone's suggestion that you might be grinding your teeth in
your sleep? Did you discuss that possibility with the doctor? That would
be a cause that you wouldn't necessarily be aware of.

Didn't discuss, but I know for a fact I do not grind.

Now, the oddest thing has happened: I finished drinking some broth and was
about to take a pill, when I noticed the pain in my jaw is GONE.

Just gone.

How's that for strange?

I sure am happy about it, though!!

Old June 4th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jun 3, 5:06*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

I was 46. My diet wasn't that bad, but it wasn't great either. I had
two months'
prior had bloodwork done, and it was great. My "bad" cholesterol was
125.
_______
What? *You must measure it differently in the USA.
The last time I had my cholesterol done it was 4.5 which is apparently quite
good.

Tweed

The U.S.A. doesn't use the metric system. That may explain the
difference.
I think the only medical numbers that used the same units are those
for blood pressure.

Old June 4th 11, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

I'm so glad your pain is gone and that it isn't any thing like
Trigeminal Neuralgia..
My friend who has this says it is so very painful... It is only on one
side of her face..