[OT] What Country are You?

Old March 6th 05, 08:29 PM
Enfilade

Why am I Iraq AGAIN?!

You're Iraq!
Don't believe their lies... you actually have no control over your own
destiny. You were taking lots of steps to improve yourself, but no one
would believe you and they beat you up as a result. Now that it's
revealed that you were acting in good faith and your enemies weren't,
you're even more angry than you were before. Who could've seen this
coming? At this point, people will tell you for ages that you can
decide things for yourself until you make the decision they want you
to. Just remember, all that matters is what people who beat you up
think. You have the freedom to do what you want as long as it's what
they want, too.

--Fil
Old March 7th 05, 07:43 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-05, HRFLTiger penned:
LMAO, I'm Canada. Wierd obssession for ice-hockey indeed!

People make fun of you a lot, but they're stupid because you've got a much
better life than they do.  In fact, they're probably just jealous. You
believe in crazy things like human rights and health care and not dying in
the streets, and you end up securing these rights for yourself and others.If
it weren't for your weird affection for ice hockey, you'd be the perfect
person.

Hi, Canada! I'm Canada, too!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 7th 05, 08:15 PM
Bobcat

On 2005-03-05, HRFLTiger penned:
LMAO, I'm Canada. Wierd obssession for ice-hockey indeed!

People make fun of you a lot, but they're stupid because you've got a
much
better life than they do.  In fact, they're probably just jealous.
You
believe in crazy things like human rights and health care and not dying
in
the streets, and you end up securing these rights for yourself and
others.If
it weren't for your weird affection for ice hockey, you'd be the perfect
person.

Hi, Canada! I'm Canada, too!
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Lots of Canucks at this newsgroup, including me and our gang of furballs.
Also a relative whose kitties who are 100% Canadian - they enjoy their
outdoor wire-mesh enclosed cattery attached to their house where they like
to frolic in the snow.

Old March 7th 05, 08:46 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-07, Bobcat penned:

On 2005-03-05, HRFLTiger penned:
LMAO, I'm Canada. Wierd obssession for ice-hockey indeed!

People make fun of you a lot, but they're stupid because you've got a much
better life than they do.  In fact, they're probably just jealous.
You believe in crazy things like human rights and health care and not
dying in the streets, and you end up securing these rights for yourself
and others.If it weren't for your weird affection for ice hockey, you'd be
the perfect person.

Hi, Canada! I'm Canada, too! monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Lots of Canucks at this newsgroup, including me and our gang of furballs.
Also a relative whose kitties who are 100% Canadian - they enjoy their
outdoor wire-mesh enclosed cattery attached to their house where they like
to frolic in the snow.

Wait, wait!

I'm actually a US Citizen; I just meant that according to the quiz, I AM the
country of Canada.

Not that I have anything against Canada; just wanted to point that out.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 7th 05, 11:43 PM
L. (usenetlyn)

Yowie wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
Cute!

http://bluepyramid.org/ia/cquiz.htm

I like being Thailand

Calmer and more staunchly independent than almost all those around

you, you
have a long history of rising above adversity. Recent adversity has

led to
questions about your sexual promiscuity and the threat of disease,

but you
still manage to attract a number of tourists and admirers. And

despite any
setbacks, you can really cook a good meal whenever it's called for.

Good
enough to make people cry

I'm Thailand as well.

But in the book quiz, I"m quite embrassed by being Lolita

LOL...well, I'm Sidhartha! I'm not sure which is wrose...

-L.

Old March 8th 05, 12:21 AM
moonglow minnow

Yoj howled at the moon, then scrawled thusly upon the aether:

Has anybody tried the state quiz? The questions on the others were
bad enough, but one of the questions on that one is, "Which is better,
snow or Bill Clinton?" What kind of question is that?

I don't know... I just know I somehow got my home state. And we're really
not that plain. We have the occasional *windmill* among all the corn and
cows...

You're Nebraska!
You are very, very plain. Great, but still plain. In fact, it might even be
the plainness that makes you great. In the old days, a great nation
could've arisen from your very aspirations and even conquered neighboring
lands, but then others came and paved over everything with even rows of
corn. Now your greatest conquests are over neighboring colleges, but even
those are in honor of corn. It's the truth. So Sioux me.

Maeve
--
^..^ http://volatiledreams.deep-ice.com ^..^

After all, we only go around once.
There's really no time to be afraid.

Old March 8th 05, 02:39 AM
Elise

CatNipped wrote:
Cute!

http://bluepyramid.org/ia/cquiz.htm

You're Thailand!
Calmer and more staunchly independent than almost all those around you,
you have a long history of rising above adversity. Recent adversity has
led to questions about your sexual promiscuity and the threat of
disease, but you still manage to attract a number of tourists and
admirers. And despite any setbacks, you can really cook a good meal
whenever it's called for. Good enough to make people cry.

Hmmmm.

also:

You're Anne of Green Gables!
by L.M. Montgomery
Bright, chipper, vivid, but with the emotional fortitude of cottage
cheese, you make quite an impression on everyone you meet. You're
impulsive, rash, honest, and probably don't have a great relationship
with your parents. People hurt your feelings constantly, but your brazen
honestly doesn't exactly treat others with kid gloves. Ultimately,
though, you win the hearts and minds of everyone that matters. You spell
your name with an E and you want everyone to know about it.

Bright & chipper sometimes, maybe. The rest? Not so much.

and:

You're Minnesota!
You love hanging out around lakes, even if they're frozen solid. Given
your probable Scandinavian heritage, it all just demonstrates that
you're pining for the fjords. Your obsession with wrestling got a little
carried away for a while there, and this should prompt some serious
reflection about the separation of mind and body. It may be time to
celebrate, even throw your hat up in the air. You're going to make it
after all.

No Scandinavian heritage and I hate wrestling but I love lakes

(thank heaven for spell check, my typing is dyslexic tonight)

--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
pics:
Old March 8th 05, 01:20 PM
Bobcat

On 2005-03-07, Bobcat penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-03-05, HRFLTiger penned:
[...]

Oops, sorry. I'd erased the previous posts and didn't get the gist of the
thread. In that case, I'm New Zealand. Far down the globe near the
Antarctic, its south island partially snow-covered - but as warm-hearted and
welcoming a country as you'll find anywhere.

A quietly proud country that isn't ashamed to adopt an unkempt ball of
feathers as its national symbol, and call a local fruit and even themselves
after it. A country of stunning beauty, with long almost-deserted sand
beaches, volcanic mountains, rolling forests and no predatory wildlife. A
place where, after a struggle, its native population is treated with respect
and their customs honoured.

In short, a model for a civilized country that other nations could emulate.