The Prophet 4--not the end though! (Long)

Old May 5th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Prophet 4--not the end though! (Long)

And it came to pass that the Prophet Jeff did continue in the service of
the Great Cat, and Elizabeth as well with her newly espoused One Who Is
Named Buxees But Everyone Calls Him Louis. And they served the Great Cat
thusly:

They did care for His bodily form, making certain He was examined by the
Doctor of the Great Cat with regularity, for the Great Cat's form had
become old, and stricken with the Feline Diabetes. The Prophet did
sometimes drive the Mother and Father of the Great Cat, and sometimes
helped in the Administering of the Treatments, for the Great Cat even in
venerable age little enjoyed this, and did fight with admirable strength
of youth.

And they continued in providing the Great Cat with all that which made
Him comfortable, with offerings of Catnip and Yogurt, and much embracing
and fervent petting, for they sorely desired the Most Glorious Sound of
Purr upon their ears.

And it came to pass that the Great Cat was very old, and the time had
come upon Him to enter retirement, and He did say, "Allow me the
pleasures of the world of flesh one time more, if thou lovest Me." And
He went into each room of His abode and did bless it with The Holy Meow;
and He did lie for a time in a beam of sunlight in the favored window
which was His place of meditation; and He did venture into the yard to
smell His most favored rosebush, for even in the Winter of His homeland
He did verily smell the freshness of the Spring yet to come. And He did
fall with weakness; and Louis did say, "It is time."

And they went with the Prophet Jeff unto the Doctor of the Great Cat;
and Elizabeth did hold in her arms the Great Cat and prayers were
offered to the One Who Is God Of All. And the Doctor did administer the
final treatment, that treatment which is Love and Mercy and the Very End
of Pain. Thus did the Great Cat enter into retirement, for His work on
the earth was long and mighty, and he was received into the Heavens with
joy.

Many awaited him the His first friend Bozer, who had entered
retirement many years past; the souls of beasts He had known in life,
who did come to speak with Him through the front window of His abode;
and the One Who Is Above All, Whose Name Men Disagree Upon, Whom The
Great Cat Knew as The Boss. And The Boss did say, "Well done!" and it
thundered in the heavens like the Most Glorious Sound of Purr. And one
new soul, unknown to the world of men, came forth as well. But the Great
Cat knew her, and did greet her with a brother's kiss.

"Little Brandy," he said. "My work in the world of men is complete, and
others must pick up where it has been left off. Art thou ready for thy
journey?"

"I think so, my brother," the little soul did say. "But such work it is?
Who will be there to help?"

"The work of The Great Cat is never done, for there must always be
Purring in the world, and I have chosen thy brother Stosh to continue my
authority as guardian and protector of that which was my abode; the way
is prepared for him even as I speak. Together you and he shalt teach the
Virtue of Play after the Rigors of Work. And thy sister Roxie shalt be
among you, to be thy guide and governess; for thou and Stosh are much
rambunctious, and shalt verily be called Hoolikittens for the mischief
within thy hearts!"

"And is there not one more?"

"Verily thy sister Odessa's way is being prepared, that Elizabeth and
Louis may learn the virtue of Patience, and this highest thing, that
Love Shalt Overcome All. And she shalt verily be one given to expression
of the emotions, and shalt teach that one must speak up for oneself,
even if one may prefer the ways of solitude."

"But what is my duty there, in that world?" the little one asked.

"Thou art called Brandy," saith the Great Cat, "for thou art sweet and
intoxicating, and thou shalt give the gift of happiness and good
fellowship."

"Will the two-legged ones be able to handle so many of us?" Brandy did
ask of the Great Cat.

"More so now than ever," He did reply, "for they do not yet know what
they have learned: that it is a good thing to BE loved, but the greater
reward doth lie in GIVING love to others than themselves. They did so
love me that the health and comfort of my bodily form was of more value
to them than their money; and that the end of my pain was more important
than the joy they took in my presence, for they did love enough to let
me go."

"But I seem them, the ones who are to be our Mother and Father, and the
Prophet Jeff who did stand also with you, they do mourn!"

"For a time they shalt mourn. But it is written that there is a time to
laugh as well as a time to mourn, and the Way of Laughter is being
prepared. They shall have their reward; for they have loved. The Boss
delights in giving them more to love now, and you shall be among their
beloved; and the words I have given unto the Prophet Jeff shall be yet
obeyed, for they shall care for you, love you, and pet you with much
ardor, that the Most Glorious Sound of Purr continue to bless their
world." And the Great Cat did kiss little Brandy again and did say unto
her, "Now go, little one, and prepare for your journey unto the world of
men. Much joy is needed there."

And so was the Life and Work of the Great Cat as revealed unto the
Prophet Jeff and those who were pleased to take care of the Great Cat.
For verily does the Spirit of the Great Cat live on, and we who are
privileged to serve him with love and food and much petting do verily
partake of the Good Karma He did promise. And though he now be in
retirement, none replace him, but do follow, as siblings after the birth
of a first child.

Thus this is the Word of the Prophet Jeff: Love thy Cat. Do well by thy
Cat, care for him, give him play and the care for his bodily form, but
above all, give Love. This is the highest of commandments, Love thy Cat,
and Love thy Fellowbeing. Seek Purrs rather than Words of Wrath, and
share thy dish with one who comes among you and drink from the bowl of
fellowship. Then, sayeth the Prophet, will we all truly be free.

These are the words of the Great Cat, whose work is never done.

Old May 13th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-05, Singh penned:
And it came to pass that the Prophet Jeff did continue in the
service of the Great Cat, and Elizabeth as well with her newly
espoused One Who Is Named Buxees But Everyone Calls Him Louis. And
they served the Great Cat thusly:

Thank you so much for sharing these.

This one needed a TW, though!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 14th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 13 May 2006 15:16:00 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2006-05-05, Singh penned:
And it came to pass that the Prophet Jeff did continue in the
service of the Great Cat, and Elizabeth as well with her newly
espoused One Who Is Named Buxees But Everyone Calls Him Louis. And
they served the Great Cat thusly:

Thank you so much for sharing these.

This one needed a TW, though!

I agree.
Baha / Singh, it was beautifully written. I liked the style of
writing and also how you managed to so wonderfully portray the
character of everyone involved. You have talent and we-all here
appreciate it!

Tish
Old May 29th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mea culpa!!!

On 2006-05-05, Singh penned:
And it came to pass that the Prophet Jeff did continue in the
service of the Great Cat, and Elizabeth as well with her newly
espoused One Who Is Named Buxees But Everyone Calls Him Louis. And
they served the Great Cat thusly:

Thank you so much for sharing these.

This one needed a TW, though!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

My first trip to the Humane Society (LONG) Dan Cat health & behaviour 18 July 11th 05 12:48 AM
OT, Long, don't give a damn; Joyce Brauer 1936 - 2005 Singh Cat anecdotes 16 July 1st 05 10:44 PM
T&H Update - Long LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 15th 04 09:52 AM
About Bandit - long CatNipped Cat anecdotes 42 July 18th 04 07:34 AM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM